Annual General Meetings/16/Minutes

Draft Minutes of the 10th Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation

Saturday 10th December 2016

Present

Board Members

  • Kate Chapman (wonderchook) [chairing]
  • Paul Norman (pnorman)
  • Frederik Ramm (woodpeck)
  • Peter Barth (peda_)
  • Martijn van Exel (mvexel)

Other Foundation Members

This list includes both normal and associate members:

Alan McConchie, Andrew Hain, Chris Foote, Claire Halleux, Clive Blackledge, Darafei Praliaskouski, Dorothea Kazazi, Ethan Nelson, Gregory Marler, Guillaume Rischard, Jeroen Muris, Luigi Toscano, Manfred Stock, Michael Reichert, Michael Spreng, Nelson A. de Oliveira, Robert Norris, Stefan Keller, Steven Singer, Wille Marcel Lima Malheiro

(25 non-board foundation members - for a total of 30 attendees who are members)

Guests

Fred le Faydit, Jerry Clough, Martin Dittus, Mathias Svendsen, Philip Barnes, Philip Newton, boris_m, Raytoon

Meeting Start

The meeting commences at 16:00 UTC.

Agenda

Kate links the agenda and notes that the meeting will be unmoderated, unlike last year.

Minutes of the last Meeting

Last year's minutes - consisting of the IRC log- were accepted (Peter Barth, Martijn van Exel, Paul Norman).

Chairperson's report

The Chairperson's report is linked.

Kate asks if there were any questions, and says that questions can also be asked later on osmf-talk, on the blog or by contacting her directly. No questions are asked.

Treasurer's report

The Treasurer's report is linked.

Audition of OSMF finances: Frederik highlights that the 2015 finances are being audited by a volunteer auditor for the first time in OSMF history. Specifically, they are audited by Manfred Reiter, whom many might know from his work on the OSMweekly, and whose report will be published in the coming week on osmf-talk. Additionally, Frederik mentions that mid-2017 OSMF will be looking for an auditor for the 2016 finances.

Martijn adds that there was a discussion related to the Treasurer's report on omsf-talk.

Election to the Board

Kate notes that, as posted to OSMF-Talk, the closing of the election has been delayed until Wednesday 16:00 UTC, 14 December 2016, and that more information regarding to the election is available.

Any other business

No items are raised.

Meeting Adjourned

Meeting adjourned at 1630 UTC until 1600 UTC on Wednesday, 14 December 2016, at which time it will continue -only for a short moment- in order to announce the election results.


Wednesday 14th December 2016

Present

Board Members

  • Kate Chapman (wonderchook - chairing section of the meeting)
  • Paul Norman (pnorman - chairing section of the meeting)
  • Frederik Ramm (woodpeck)
  • Ilya Zverev (Zverik)
  • Martijn van Exel (mvexel)
  • Mikel Maron
  • Peter Barth

Other Foundation Members

This list includes both normal and associate members:

Alan McConchie, Clive Blackledge, Dale Kunce, Dorothea Kazazi, Darafei Praliaskouski, Manfred Stock, Michael Reichert, Simon Poole, Chris Foote, Guillaume Rischard, Rory McCann

(11 non-board foundation members - for a total of 18 attendees who are members)

Guests

Martin Dittus, Philip Barnes, Sadless74

Meeting Start

The meeting reconvenes at 16:00 UTC.

Election to the Board

One of the persons attending the AGM comments that s/he didn't receive an email to vote for the re-run of the election, but it turns out that her/his membership has expired.

Polls close at 16:18 UTC and results are available at 16:20 UTC.

There are 4 candidates competing for 2 seats. The number of voters is 253 and there are 252 valid votes and 1 empty vote. Counting votes using Scottish STV.

Frederik Ramm: 106
Guillaume Rischard: 27
Kate Chapman: 90
Darafei Praliaskouski: 29
Exhausted: 0
Surplus: 26
Threshold: 85

Candidates Frederik Ramm and Kate Chapman reached the threshold in the first round and are elected.

Thanks

Dermot McNally is thanked for handling the polling.
Darafei Praliaskouski and Guillaume Rischard are thanked for being nominees and a wish is expressed to see their nominations again next year.
Members of the Foundation are thanked for attending.

Meeting End

The meeting closes at 16:28 UTC


Log of 10th AGM - Saturday 10th December 2016

The meeting was conducted over IRC, and the log is below. IP addresses have been obfuscated.


16:00:57 wonderchook: Hello Everyone, it is 16:00 UTC and time to open the 2016 Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation
16:00:59 mvexel (~mvexel@**********) has joined
16:01:02 woodpeck gives channel operator status to mvexel
16:01:03 trigpoint (~phil@**********) has joined
16:01:15 mvexel: hi
16:01:25 wonderchook: as a reminder the agenda is here: http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meetings/16 as well as in the topic
16:02:28 wonderchook: The channel is not moderated like it was last year so people can just speak if they need to, we will try this method out
16:03:00 #osmf-gm: mode (+m) by pnorman
16:03:25 wonderchook: First up on the agenda is reviewing the minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meetings/15/Minutes
16:03:27 RAytoun (~521056a6@**********) has joined
16:04:53 #osmf-gm: mode (-m) by woodpeck
16:05:19 tosky: given that the minutes are the IRC logs, do we need to do anything special (approve?)
16:05:48 wonderchook: someone can motion to accept the minutes
16:05:56 peda_: I motion to accept them
16:05:59 SK53 (~chatzilla@**********) has joined
16:06:01 mvexel: I move to accept
16:06:04 mvexel: second
16:06:44 gregoryLWD (~LivingWit@**********) has joined
16:06:54 pnorman: second
16:07:03 tosky: second
16:07:09 wonderchook: The minutes from the 2015 AGM are accepted
16:07:48 simonpoole (~simonpool@**********) has joined
16:08:48 wonderchook: next up we have the Chairperson's report which is available here: https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2016/12/09/chairpersons-report-for-the-openstreetmap-foundation-2016-annual-general-meeting/
16:08:48 RAytoun has quit (Quit: CGI:IRC)
16:09:17 wonderchook: are there any questions?
16:09:18 RAytoun (~521056a6@**********) has joined
16:10:30 wonderchook: you can always ask questions later on osmf-talk or comment in the blog
16:10:36 wonderchook: or contacting me directly as well
16:11:56 wonderchook: next up is the treasurer's report which is available here: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Finances/Treasurer
16:12:34 woodpeck: i'm here and i can answer questions if anyone has anything
16:12:35 wonderchook: woodpeck do you have anything else you want to add?
16:12:50 woodpeck: there's one thing i'd like to add:
16:12:51 LivingWithDragons has quit (Ping timeout: 480 seconds)
16:13:08 woodpeck: the 2015 finances are being audited by a volunteer auditor for the first time in OSMF history ;)
16:13:20 woodpeck: it is Manfred Reiter whom many might know from his work on the "weekly"
16:13:32 woodpeck: he was planning to have a report ready for the GM but didn't quite finish
16:13:47 woodpeck: his results will be published in the coming week on osmf-talk
16:13:52 mvexel: for those who do not monitor osmf-talk, quite a few topics asked and answered in this thread too: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2016-December/004037.html
16:14:35 woodpeck: and mid-2017 we're going to be looking for an auditor for the 2016 finances ;)
16:14:47 woodpeck: but that's all from me.
16:15:54 sfkeller (~chatzilla@**********) has joined
16:16:46 wonderchook: Okay so next up on the agenda is the Election to the Board
16:17:21 wonderchook: As posted to OSMF-Talk the closing of the election has been delayed until Wednesday 16:00 UTC
16:17:33 wonderchook: 14 December 2016
16:17:51 wonderchook: Other information regarding the election is available here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM16/Election_to_Board
16:19:48 clairedelune (~clairedel@**********) has joined
16:21:19 wonderchook: because of the delay in the closing of the voting we well come back briefly to the AGM when the ballots close to accept the results
16:21:43 Stereo: Do we move to adjourn until Wednesday?
16:21:49 wonderchook: No net yet
16:21:52 wonderchook: not yet
16:23:11 wonderchook: Before we move on to any other business can people who aren't using their real name in IRC message dorothea_ your name for the attendance list?
16:23:21 robbieonsea (~rob@**********) has joined
16:24:35 wonderchook: Fifth on the agenda is Any other business
16:24:44 wonderchook: does anyone have anything?
16:24:50 SK53: As I am not a current paid up member this can only be regarded as suggestion for someone who is in good membership standing to propose a vote of thanks to the Board, Admin Assistant, Election Scrutineers, Volunteer Auditors, members of all Working Groups, the local SotM organising committees, and last but not least the DevOps team for all their hard work & dedication during the year
16:25:26 AndrewHain: I will propose that.
16:25:33 woodpeck: excellent ;)
16:25:37 RAytoun: I second that
16:25:40 tosky: I second that too
16:26:39 Stereo: Very good idea. Thank you.
16:26:43 tosky: (and boards of local chapters too?)
16:28:35 wonderchook: thank you all
16:28:44 wonderchook: AOB?
16:30:14 wonderchook: If there is nothing else then I suggest we motion to adjourn until 16:00 UTC Wednesday 14th December 2016
16:30:26 pnorman: seconded
16:30:57 peda_: I second
16:31:17 Stereo: Seconded.
16:31:26 wonderchook: motion accepted, see everyone back on Wednesday. Once again message dorothea_ your name for the attendance
16:31:48 mvexel: thanks all for attending
16:31:53 woodpeck: thanks everyone & goodbye


Log of 10th AGM - Wednesday 14th December 2016

The meeting was conducted over IRC, and the log is below. IP addresses have been obfuscated.

16:00:01 wonderchook: Hi All, Let's reconvene the 2016 Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation
16:00:25 pnorman: morning
16:00:26 wonderchook: as a reminder please message your real name to dorothea_ please
16:01:10 wonderchook: we are going to return the Board Election in the Agenda
16:01:25 wonderchook: pnorman could you take over?
16:01:30 pnorman: Yep
16:02:39 pnorman: I'm just catching up and coordinating with Dermot - this is a morning meeting for me.
16:03:54 calimapnerd has quit (Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout))
16:06:06 calimapnerd (~482393c3@**********) has joined
16:07:14 pnorman: Just having a bit of a delay with contacing Dermot, who is running the voting
16:07:36 calimapnerd has quit ()
16:07:47 dkunce (~482393c3@**********) has joined
16:10:28 dkunce has quit ()
16:10:58 calimapnerd (~482393c3@**********) has joined
16:11:04 Sadless74 (~Sadless74@**********) has joined
16:12:58 pnorman: k - having to relay through email. The one item remaining on the agenda is the board election. If you have not voted, you need to do so now.
16:13:16 rorym (~rory@**********) has joined
16:13:25 wonderchook: if people are having problems voting right now they should message you?
16:14:15 pnorman: Yes - send a message if you are attempting to vote right now.
16:14:30 rorym: I have word from mackerski: Just sent extra guy ballot. Can close polls whenever and email result
16:14:32 Sadless74: hi/ i hade vote first time on opavote. but second time i didnt recive any vote instruction :(
16:14:33 calimapnerd has quit ()
16:14:56 calimapnerd (~482393c3@**********) has joined
16:15:04 pnorman: Sadless74: please send me your email and double-check your inbox
16:15:16 Zverik: Sadless74: the first time was because of an error, your membership has lapsed, but we didn't account for that
16:15:22 pnorman: Ah, that explains it.
16:16:28 rorym: AFAIK mackerski is in the middle of something, hence not on IRC, but I can chat to him on facebook.
16:17:11 Sadless74: but this is wrong ... please give me a chance to vote. I'll extend the participation in osmf in some hours
16:17:42 pnorman: The deadline for voting has passed
16:16:01 calimapnerd has quit ()
16:16:02 pnorman: rorym: can you confirm that to dermot, I've also sent email
16:16:11 mvexel (~martijnv@**********) has left
16:16:22 rorym: pnorman: Dermot says he's closing the polls now
16:16:36 Sadless74: pity that there is no notification about the end of the participation of
16:19:59 pnorman: Sadless74: Unfortunately, you need to be paid up to vote, and we can't really extend the polls again. Notices are sent when membership is due for renewal.
16:20:02 Sadless74: I understand. I accept. Excuse me for troubling.
16:20:17 pnorman: I have the results from Dermot.
16:20:23 pnorman: There are 4 candidates competing for 2 seats. The number of voters is 253 and
16:20:23 Zverik: and the winners are...
16:20:27 pnorman: there were 252 valid votes and 1 empty votes.
16:20:28 pnorman: Counting votes using Scottish STV.

16:20:28 pnorman:R|Frederik R|Guillaume |Kate Chapm|Darafei Pr|Exhausted |Surplus   |Threshold 
16:20:28 pnorman: |amm |Rischard |an |aliaskousk| | |
16:20:28 pnorman: | | | |i | | |
16:20:30 pnorman: ===============================================================================
16:20:33 pnorman: 1| 106.00000| 27.00000| 90.00000| 29.00000| 0.00000| 26.00000| 85.00000

16:20:35 pnorman: |----------------------------------------------------------------------------
16:20:38 pnorman: | Count of first choices. Candidates Frederik Ramm and Kate Chapman have
16:20:40 Zverik: uhmm...
16:20:40 pnorman: | reached the threshold and are elected.
16:20:43 pnorman: Winners are Frederik Ramm and Kate Chapman.
16:22:06 pnorman: I move to thank all the candidates for stepping forward
16:22:36 mvexel (~martijnv@**********) has joined
16:23:00 CGI114 (~482393c3@**********) has joined
16:23:14 wonderchook: thank you everyone for running
16:23:15 Zverik: Thanks Komzpa and Stereo for nominating yourselves. I hope to see you in the list next year
16:23:22 pnorman: I'll pass the meeting back to Kate
16:23:40 woodpeck: zverik, +1
16:24:01 wonderchook: are there any questions?
16:24:37 woodpeck: thank you dermot for running the poll
16:24:52 Zverik: And congratulations to woodpeck and wonderchook, of course!
16:24:53 wonderchook: yes or statements, thank you once again dermot for handling the polling
16:25:37 wonderchook: I'll wait a moment just in case, but I think we are at the end
16:26:07 wonderchook: thank you everyone who attended the 2016 AGM
16:26:42 wonderchook: I motion that we close the meeting
16:26:51 Zverik: I agree
16:26:57 wonderchook: do you 2nd?
16:27:53 woodpeck: seconded ;)
16:28:03 woodpeck: thanks everyone & have a nice christmas if that's your thing
16:28:03 CGI114 has quit (Quit: CGI:IRC (Ping timeout))
16:28:18 wonderchook: thanks woodpeck. The 2016 AGM is closed. Everyone have a lovely end of year and thank you for your membership in the foundation