Annual General Meetings/2018
12th Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation
The IRC wiki page will have information on how to connect to IRC.
Foundation members will vote to elect a new board in December.
- (Number pending) seats available.
- You do not need to attend the meeting to vote but you need to be a member or associate member throughout the period of 30 days prior to the date of the meeting.
- To become a director on the board, you must be a member, not an associate member. We will set-up a page on the wiki to enable people to announce their candidacy. The deadline for members to put themselves forward for election will probably be two weeks before the Annual General Meeting.
- This year, we would like most discussion to occur after the last candidate has put themselves forward. We plan to ask community members to send questions in private to a trustworthy person (this has to be arranged). The questions will be then compiled and presented in an organized way. Candidates will be asked to submit answers and their manifesto in private to the chosen person and then a simultaneous publication of the answers will occur.
Election will be run by: Pending.
Access to OpaVote online platform
Confirmation of OpaVote results with OpenSTV
Only fully paid up members will be able to vote, and only those who have already become members 30 days prior to the AGM date.
Voting members will receive an email from the on-line voting service with links to the on-line ballot for each ballot measure. The election will be carried out under single transferable vote rules (STV). Each foundation member will cast their vote by ranking candidates according to their preference. A maximum of (number pending) will be elected.
See the voting information and instructions that were provided in 2017 (link to be updated).
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of the last Meeting
- Chairperson’s report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election to Board
- Any other business
Draft minutes will be linked here, after the meeting.