Annual General Meetings/2018
12th Annual General Meeting of the OpenStreetMap Foundation
The IRC wiki page will have information on how to connect to IRC.
Foundation members will vote to elect a new board in December.
- You do not need to attend the meeting to vote but you need to be a member or associate member throughout the period of 30 days prior to the date of the meeting.
- To become a director on the board, you must be a member, not an associate member. We have set-up a page on the OSM wiki to enable people to announce their candidacy. The deadline for members to put themselves forward for election is 17 November.
Two seats are available in this election (of Peter Barth and Martijn van Exel). Meanwhile the terms of Kate Chapman, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Heather Leson and Frederik Ramm continue. There are a total of seven seats on the foundation board.
If you see yourself as the OSMF's next treasurer, please read the email of our current treasurer, Frederik Ramm, and stand for election!
Questions to Candidates - New process
This year (based on discussions on osmf-talk and within the board) we thought it would be a good idea to have a structured question gathering process.
- We invite members to post their questions to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election_to_Board, up to 17 November.
- When nominations close (or shortly after), a facilitator will gather the questions, organise them and will publish an official set for the candidates.
- Candidates will be then kindly asked to submit their answers and manifestos directly to the facilitator (the email address will be made known soon) and cc our administrative assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org). It's up to the candidates to answer all the questions or just a few of them. Our suggestion is to answer all of them.
- When all candidates have submitted their answers via email, there will be a given date when all answers/manifestos will be published at once. The proposed date is: 2018-11-30.
- Then discussion commences, preferably until 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC, when voting opens.
We expect this to be the official election campaign process. We won't restrict members to continue to talk on our members' mailing list nor will we restrict candidates to continue discussions, but we don't encourage them to do so. The official answers and questions thereof should be what voters use to judge.
Only fully paid up members will be able to vote, and only those who have already become members 30 days prior to the AGM date.
Voting members will receive an email from the on-line voting service with links to the on-line ballot for each ballot measure. The election will be carried out under single transferable vote rules (STV). Each foundation member will cast their vote by ranking candidates according to their preference. A maximum of (number pending) will be elected.
See the voting information and instructions that were provided in 2017.
Key election dates
- 2018-11-06: Start of submission of nominations and questions on the OSM wiki.
- 2018-11-15: Deadline for becoming a new member eligible to vote or to stand for election.
- 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to put themselves forward for election by adding their information on the candidates' table.
- 2018-11-17: Deadline for members to post questions for the candidates to Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election_to_Board.
- 2018-11-17: Official set of questions published by the facilitator.
- 2018-11-30: Candidates' answers and manifestos published by the facilitator or the board.
- 2018-11-30 to 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Community discussion.
- 2018-12-08 16:00 UTC: Voting opens (exactly 1 week before AGM).
- 2018-12-15 16:00 UTC Start of Annual General Meeting on IRC, Deadline for voting.
Election will be run by: Pending.
Access to OpaVote online platform
- Dorothea Kazazi (Administrative Assistant)
- Michael Spreng (Membership Working Group)
Confirmation of OpaVote results with OpenSTV
By Michael Spreng (Membership Working Group)
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of the last Meeting
- Chairperson’s report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election to Board
- Any other business
Draft minutes will be linked here, after the meeting.