Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (remove osl done action items for me)
(Action item updates)
Line 26: Line 26:
 
| Takeover protection
 
| Takeover protection
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Board (was Allan)</s>
+
| <s>Allan</s>
| <s>2021-02, 2020-10</s>
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14|2021-05-14]]</s>
  +
| '''List done.'''
| Done
 
  +
| <s>to [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Investigate_moving_OSMF_out_of_the_UK.2C_and_into_the_EU|create a list of requirements]] for creating an OSMF subsidiary e.g. 1) contributor term contracts must survive the transition, 2) not necessary to have a director in that country.</s> <br> ''2021-06: Done. General issue of moving OSMF out of the UK: work in progress''
| <s>to look at the strategic plan document and provide comments. Deadline: mid-March chat. </s>
 
  +
| <s>Meeting</s>
 
  +
| <s>Moving OSMF out of the UK</s>
<s>''Was: Allan to circulate outline to rest of board members regarding strategic plan</s> and drive forward the topic (which would then serve fundraising asks in 2021)''</s>
 
''# 2020-Dec: Draft circulated.''
 
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/OSMF_fundraising| OSMF fundraising]] and [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
| '''<s>Allan</s>'''
+
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|2021-05]]</s>'''
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Microgrants_-_what.27s_next.3F|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| '''New and [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2021-June/086617.html done]'''
+
| '''New and done'''
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Microgrants_-_what.27s_next.3F|to send]] note to the [[Microgrants/Committee|Microgrants committee]] and ask them to get all reports this month, get them on the OSM wiki and submit a final report and recommendations for any changes to the microgrants program.</s>'''
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|to make]] a call for volunteers to form a special committee to look at take-over protection.</s>'''
 
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
| '''<s>Takeover protection</s>'''
+
| '''<s>Microgrants</s>'''
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
| Allan
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14|2021-05-14]]
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Opensnowmap_trademark_licence_application|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
  +
| '''New and [[Board/Minutes/2021-07#2021.2FRes24_Approve_the_OpenSnowMap_trademark_grandfathering_application_and_direct_secretary_to_sign_it|done]]'''
|
 
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Opensnowmap_trademark_licence_application|to create]] a [[Board_Rules_of_Order#7._Circular_Resolutions|circular]] on the Opensnowmap trademark licence application.</s>''
| to [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Investigate_moving_OSMF_out_of_the_UK.2C_and_into_the_EU|create a list of requirements]] for creating an OSMF subsidiary e.g. 1) contributor term contracts must survive the transition, 2) not necessary to have a director in that country.
 
| Meeting
+
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>Trademarks</s>'''
| Moving OSMF out of the UK
 
 
|-
 
|-
| '''<s>Guillaume</s>'''
+
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#Investigate_moving_OSMF_out_of_the_UK.2C_and_into_the_EU|2021-06-11]] (board chat)'''
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16##Request_by_some_Local_Chapters_to_have_their_boards_cc.27ed_on_Advisory_Board_and_other_OSMF_communications|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| '''New and [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2021-June/007860.html done]'''
+
| '''New and done'''
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16##Request_by_some_Local_Chapters_to_have_their_boards_cc.27ed_on_Advisory_Board_and_other_OSMF_communications|to contact]] the [[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]] about the suggestion by some [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] to have their boards cc'ed on Advisory Board and other OSMF communications.</s>''
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#Investigate_moving_OSMF_out_of_the_UK.2C_and_into_the_EU|to circulate]] the draft "Requirements for an OSMF outside of the UK" to osmf-talk together with the reasoning.</s>'''
 
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
| '''<s>Moving OSMF out of the UK</s>'''
+
| '''<s>[[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]]</s>'''
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| Amanda
| '''Guillaume'''
 
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|2021-05]]'''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
| '''New'''
+
| '''Updated'''
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03#Presentation_from_Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_moderation_subcommittee|to add]] "Interim update from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|LCCWG subcommittee]]" to the public board meeting agenda every two months. <br> ''# 2021-07 On the agenda.''
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|to ask]] our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions.'''
 
| '''Meeting'''
+
| Meeting
  +
| [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|Moderation subcommittee]]
| '''Take-over protection'''
 
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| Amanda
| <s>Guillaume with Jean-Marc, Eugene and Amanda</s>
 
  +
| 2021-03
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Treasurer.27s_report|2021-04-30]]</s>
 
  +
|
| '''Done by Amanda'''
 
  +
| to upgrade all [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] to current [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement|Local Chapter agreement]]. <br>
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Treasurer.27s_report|to remove]] all mentions of Wise/TransferWise from the OSMF website and the OSM wiki.</s>
 
  +
''# 2021-05 In progress''
| <s>Meeting</s>
 
  +
|
| <s>Financial</s>
 
  +
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
  +
|-
  +
| Amanda
  +
| 2020-03
  +
|
  +
| HOT trademark grant<br>
  +
''# 2021-05 In progress''
  +
|
  +
|
  +
|-
  +
| Guillaume
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|2021-05]]
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|to ask]] our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions.
  +
| Meeting
  +
| Take-over protection
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| Guillaume
Line 140: Line 153:
 
| <s>2020-03</s>
 
| <s>2020-03</s>
 
| Done - Will ping again
 
| Done - Will ping again
|<s>to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.</s>
+
| <s>to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.</s>
 
<s>''#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.'' </s>
 
<s>''#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.'' </s>
   
Line 158: Line 171:
 
| FOSS policy
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
|-
| '''Jean-Marc'''
+
| '''<s>Jean-Marc</s>'''
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|2021-06-11]] (board chat)'''
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| '''New'''
+
| '''Done'''
  +
| '''<s>to talk to the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]].</s>'''
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|to email]] MapUganda regarding their [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapter]] application.'''
 
| '''Meeting'''
+
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
| '''Local Chapters'''
+
| '''<s>Attribution guidelines</s>''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''<s>Jean-Marc</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Jean-Marc</s>'''
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#Hiring_-_iD_and_Senior_Site_Reliability_Engineer_status_updates|2021-06-11]] (board chat)'''
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Professor_Mocnik.27s_request_to_analyze_IP_addresses|2021-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| '''New and [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2021/06/15/apply-to-maintain-and-develop-id/ done]'''
+
| '''New and done'''
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#Hiring_-_iD_and_Senior_Site_Reliability_Engineer_status_updates|to publish]] the call for applications to maintain and develop [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD], including the job description.</s>'''
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Professor_Mocnik.27s_request_to_analyze_IP_addresses|to talk]] to professor Mocnik and enquire about work load for board members if they do the analysis and data aggregation.</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
| '''<s>Moving OSMF out of the UK</s>'''
+
| '''<s>Privacy - request to analyse IP addresses</s>''
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Jean-Marc</s>
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|2021-06-11]] (board chat)</s>
  +
| '''Done''
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|to email]] MapUganda regarding their [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapter]] application.</s>
  +
| <s>'Meeting</s>
  +
| <s>Local Chapters</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| Jean-Marc
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|2021-05-14]]
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|2021-05-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
|
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|to start recruitment]] for an [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD] developer.
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|to start recruitment]] for an [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD] developer.<br>
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
 
| [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD]
 
| [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| Jean-Marc
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|2021-05-14]]
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|2021-05-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|to work]] on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|to work]] on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting.
Line 206: Line 226:
 
| Membership
 
| Membership
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Mikel</s>
+
| '''<s>Mikel</s>'''
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|2021-05-14]]</s>
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Engineering_Working_Group|2021-06]]</s>'''
| '''Done'''
+
| '''New and done'''
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|to organise]] a meeting with developers working on forks of [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD].</s>
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Engineering_Working_Group|to communicate]] with the [[Engineering_Working_Group|Engineering Working Group]] (EWG) regarding making revisions to their charter.</s>'''
| <s>Meeting</s>
+
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>[[Engineering_Working_Group|Engineering Working Group]] restart</s>'''
| <s>[https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD]</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
Line 217: Line 237:
 
|
 
|
 
| to write draft about [[Operations Working Group]] (OWG) and work with Paul. <br>''#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.''
 
| to write draft about [[Operations Working Group]] (OWG) and work with Paul. <br>''#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.''
''#2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it.''
+
''# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it. # 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel
+
| <s>Mikel</s>
| 2020-10
+
| <s>2020-10</s>
  +
| '''Done'''
|
 
| to extend "donate time" project to companies.
+
| <s>to extend "donate time" project to companies.</s><br> ''# 2021-06: People from Microsoft working as interim [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD] maintainers. To be removed.''
| S2S 2020
+
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan
 
| Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan
Line 255: Line 275:
 
''#[[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02:]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
''#[[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02:]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
 
 
|
 
|
 
 
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| <s>Tobias</s>
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Approve_and_publish_the_Attribution_Guidelines|2021-06]]</s>
  +
| '''Done'''
|
 
  +
| <s>to ask the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) to publish the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 adopted attribution guidelines].</s> ''# 2021-06 Done.''
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03#Presentation_from_Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_moderation_subcommittee|to add]] "Interim update from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|LCCWG subcommittee]]" to the public board meeting agenda every two months.
 
| Meeting
+
| <s>Meeting</s>
  +
| <s>Attribution guidelines</s>
| [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|Moderation subcommittee]]
 
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| '''Tobias'''
| Amanda
 
  +
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]''' ''(board chat)''
| 2021-03
 
  +
| '''New'''
|
 
  +
| '''to ping Dermot McNally about the publication of the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 adopted attribution guidelines] by the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]].'''
| Upgrade all Local Chapters to current [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement|Local Chapter agreement]] <br>
 
  +
| '''Meeting'''
''# 2021-05 In progress''
 
  +
| '''Attribution guidelines'''
|
 
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
 
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| '''Tobias'''
| Amanda
 
  +
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]''' ''(board chat)''
| 2020-03
 
  +
| '''New'''
|
 
  +
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|to update]] the OSM wiki after the guidelines are formally published.'''
| HOT trademark grant<br>
 
  +
| '''Meeting'''
''# 2021-05 In progress''
 
  +
| '''Attribution guidelines'''
|
 
|
 
 
|-
 
|-
| Tobias
+
| <s>Tobias</s>
| 2020-10
+
| <s>2020-10</s>
  +
| '''Email sent'''
|
 
| Email the [[Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.<br>
+
| <s>to email the [[Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.</s><br>
''# email sent in 2020-12, LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.''<br>
+
''<s># email sent in 2020-12, LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.</s>''<br>
''# issue raised again in 2021-06''
+
''<s># issue raised again in 2021-06</s>''
| S2S 2020
+
| <s>S2S 2020
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]</s>
|-
 
| <s>'''Tobias'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2021-06'''</s>
 
| '''New and done'''
 
| <s>'''Email the [[Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.
 
''# email sent in 2021-06'''''</s>
 
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
| <s>'''[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Approve and publish the Attribution Guidelines|Attribution guidelines]]'''</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 13:58, 29 July 2021

The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board Set on 2021-01 for 2022-01 future agenda item to evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms Board OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel
Board 2021-04 to make sure to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the Articles of Association, as instructed by the membership (2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4). Takeover protection
Allan 2021-05-14 List done. to create a list of requirements for creating an OSMF subsidiary e.g. 1) contributor term contracts must survive the transition, 2) not necessary to have a director in that country.
2021-06: Done. General issue of moving OSMF out of the UK: work in progress
Meeting Moving OSMF out of the UK
Amanda 2020-07-16 (board chat) New and done to send note to the Microgrants committee and ask them to get all reports this month, get them on the OSM wiki and submit a final report and recommendations for any changes to the microgrants program. Meeting Microgrants
Amanda 2020-07-16 (board chat) New and done 'to create a circular on the Opensnowmap trademark licence application. Meeting Trademarks
Amanda 2020-07-16 (board chat) New and done 'to contact the Advisory Board about the suggestion by some Local Chapters to have their boards cc'ed on Advisory Board and other OSMF communications. Meeting Advisory Board
Amanda 2021-03-26 Updated to add "Interim update from the LCCWG subcommittee" to the public board meeting agenda every two months.
# 2021-07 On the agenda.
Meeting Moderation subcommittee
Amanda 2021-03 to upgrade all Local Chapters to current Local Chapter agreement.

# 2021-05 In progress

Local Chapters
Amanda 2020-03 HOT trademark grant

# 2021-05 In progress

Guillaume 2021-05 to ask our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions. Meeting Take-over protection
Guillaume 2020-10 and 2021-03-26 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner (screen-to-screen facilitator)/Communication Working Group (CWG) 2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with Amanda 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
screen-to-screen 2020-10 Articles of association
Guillaume with Mikel 2020-10 to work on plan on how the money will be collected.

# 2020-11 In progress.
# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.

screen-to-screen 2020-10 OSMF fundraising
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-03 Done - Will ping again to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.

#2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).

screen-to-screen 2020-10 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage".
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Jean-Marc 2021-07-16 (board chat) Done to talk to the Licensing Working Group. Meeting 'Attribution guidelines
Jean-Marc 2021-07-16 (board chat) New and done to talk to professor Mocnik and enquire about work load for board members if they do the analysis and data aggregation. Meeting 'Privacy - request to analyse IP addresses
Jean-Marc 2021-06-11 (board chat) 'Done to email MapUganda regarding their Local Chapter application. 'Meeting Local Chapters
Jean-Marc 2021-05-14 (board chat) to start recruitment for an iD developer.
Meeting iD
Jean-Marc 2021-05-14 (board chat) to work on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting. Meeting Hiring a Senior site reliability engineer.
Jean-Marc (was: Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias) 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea.
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter.
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
# 2021-02-12 one part done.
Meeting Membership
Mikel 2021-06 New and done to communicate with the Engineering Working Group (EWG) regarding making revisions to their charter. Meeting Engineering Working Group restart
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it. # 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel 2020-10 Done to extend "donate time" project to companies.
# 2021-06: People from Microsoft working as interim iD maintainers. To be removed.
S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan 2020-10 to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee. S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019
Tobias 2021-06 Done to ask the Licensing Working Group (LWG) to publish the adopted attribution guidelines. # 2021-06 Done. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2021-07-16 (board chat) New to ping Dermot McNally about the publication of the adopted attribution guidelines by the Licensing Working Group. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2021-07-16 (board chat) New to update the OSM wiki after the guidelines are formally published. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2020-10 Email sent to email the Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.

# email sent in 2020-12, LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.
# issue raised again in 2021-06

S2S 2020 Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement