Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Created page with "The list is sortable, collapsible and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete. <br> Items in <font color="blue">blue</font> are either new or have up...")
 
(Added column to table, updated action items)
Line 1: Line 1:
The list is sortable, collapsible and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete. <br> Items in <font color="blue">blue</font> are either new or have updates.
+
The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.
   
{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible sortable"
 
  +
* Items in bold are new ''(arose during ~ past month).''
  +
* Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month ''(board meeting or board chat)'', other than "in progress".
  +
  +
{| class="wikitable sortable"
 
! Name
 
! Name
 
! Date
 
! Date
  +
!Status
 
! Action item and status
 
! Action item and status
 
! Source
 
! Source
 
! Related to
 
! Related to
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue"><s>Allan</s></font>
 
  +
|'''Board'''
| <font color="blue"><s>2020-05-06</s></font>
 
  +
|'''2020-05-21'''
| <font color="blue"><s>to inform the membership about these mid-month meetings</s></font> <br> <font color="blue"> ''# [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-May/006855.html Done].''</font>
 
  +
|
| <font color="blue"><s>Meeting</s></font>
 
  +
|'''to consult Working Groups on whether there should be a Conflict of Interest policy for WGs and committees and what changes have to be made to the board CoI policy to make it applicable to these groups.'''
| <font color="blue"><s>Transparency</s></font>
 
  +
|'''Meeting'''
  +
|'''Conflict of Interest'''
  +
|-
  +
|'''Board'''
  +
|'''2020-06-11 chat'''
  +
|
  +
|'''to look into a particular Microgrant application, after question from one of the Directors regarding the amount requested.'''
  +
|'''Board chat'''
  +
|'''[[Microgrants]]'''
  +
|-
  +
|'''Board'''
  +
|'''2020-06-11 chat'''
  +
|'''Updated'''
  +
|'''to send an email to the company acknowledging receipt of the Corporate Membership application and say we are looking into it.'''
  +
'''''#2020-06: We sent an email acknowledging receipt. The Board also received an email from LWG afterwards.'''''
  +
|'''Board chat'''
  +
|'''[[Board/Minutes/2020-06-11#Recent_corporate_member_application_.5Brequested_by_Tobias.5D|Recent Corporate Member application]]'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Allan
 
| Allan
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
  +
|
 
| to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance
 
| to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance
  +
''#2020-05: In progress''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
  +
|-
  +
|Allan
  +
|2020-05
  +
|
  +
|to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members.
  +
|Meeting
  +
|Action items
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| Guillaume
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
  +
|
 
| to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses)
 
| to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses)
  +
''#2020-05: In progress''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Attribution"
 
| "Attribution"
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume/Allan
 
| Guillaume/Allan
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
  +
|
 
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure
 
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure
  +
''#2020-05: In progress''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| Finance
 
| Finance
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Guillaume</font>
+
| Guillaume
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
+
| 2020-05-06
| <font color="blue">to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for</font>
+
|
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
+
| to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for
| <font color="blue">S2S 2020</font> <font color="blue">[[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]</font>
+
| Meeting
  +
| S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Guillaume</font>
+
|<s>Guillaume</s>
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
+
|<s>2020-05-06</s>
| <font color="blue"> to send out a circular to approve 2019 end of year accounts</font>
+
|Done
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
+
|<s>to send out a circular to approve 2019 end of year accounts'' ''</s>
| <font color="blue">Finances</font>
+
''#2020-06: [[Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes30_Approve_official_accounts_for_2019|Done]]''
  +
|<s>Meeting</s>
  +
|<s>Finances</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| Guillaume
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
  +
|
 
| to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency
 
| to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency
  +
''#2020-06: In progress''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Line 52: Line 83:
 
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
 
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
 
| 2019-07
 
| 2019-07
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF. <br> ''# Guillaume is looking into it (2020-02). An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive. ''
 
  +
|Updated
  +
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.
  +
''#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.''
  +
  +
''#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''
 
| email
 
| email
 
| FOSS policy
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Joost and Rory</font>
 
  +
|'''Guillaume'''
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
  +
|'''2020-05-21'''
| <font color="blue">to come up at next board meeting with recommendation for microgrants committee regarding how open their meetings should be.</font>
 
  +
|
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
  +
|'''to relay the feedback we received from our pro-bono lawyer about the draft LC agreement to OSM US'''
| <font color="blue">[[Microgrants|Microgrants]]</font>
 
  +
|'''Meeting'''
  +
|[[Local_Chapters|'''Local Chapters''']]
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Joost</font>
 
  +
|<s>'''Guillaume'''</s>
| <font color="blue">2020-05-11</font>
+
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
| <font color="blue">to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States| OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application]], after finalisation of the updated LC agreement.</font>
+
|'''Done'''
| <font color="blue">email</font>
+
|'''<s>[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Microgrants_update to contact] the CWG and enquire whether they are ok with OSMF opening a DeepL account, and give access to weeklyOSM, to CWG and to any other Working Group who asks.''''
| <font color="blue">Local Chapters</font>
+
'''''#2020-06: [[Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes30_Approve_official_accounts_for_2019|Done]]'''''
  +
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
  +
|<s>'''[[Microgrants]]'''</s>
  +
|-
  +
|'''Joost'''
  +
|'''2020-06-11 chat'''
  +
|'''Done'''
  +
| '''to post on osmf-talk about one of the observers report.'''
  +
'''''#2020-06: [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-June/006903.html Done]'''''
  +
|'''Board chat'''
  +
|'''[[Microgrants]]'''
  +
|-
  +
|<s>Joost and Rory</s>
  +
|<s>2020-05-06</s>
  +
|Updated
  +
|<s>to come up at next board meeting with recommendation for microgrants committee regarding how open their meetings should be.</s>
  +
''#2020-05: Joost emailed the board that he would open a call for observers unless someone objected. No one did. This item will be removed as no longer relevant.''
  +
|<s>Meeting</s>
  +
|<s>[[Microgrants]]</s>
  +
|-
  +
|Joost
  +
|2020-05-11
  +
|
  +
|to process the[[Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States| OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application]], after finalisation of the updated LC agreement.
  +
''#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement.''
  +
|email
  +
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost<s>/Heather</s>
 
| Joost<s>/Heather</s>
 
| 2019-10-16
 
| 2019-10-16
| to work on a running document regarding [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook| Facebook attribution]].
 
  +
|
  +
| to work on a running document regarding [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|Facebook attribution]].
  +
''#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines''
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
 
| Facebook
 
| Facebook
   
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
+
| Joost
 
| 2018-12-28
 
| 2018-12-28
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda| OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application]].<br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|
  +
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda|OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application]]
  +
''#2020-05: No news.''
 
| email
 
| email
| Local Chapters
+
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
+
| Joost
 
| 2019-07-23
 
| 2019-07-23
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Slovakia| FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|Updated
  +
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Slovakia|FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application]].
  +
''#2020-05: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership''
 
| email
 
| email
| Local Chapters
+
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
+
| Joost
 
| 2019-08-23
 
| 2019-08-23
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Oceania| OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|Updated
  +
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Oceania|OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application]].
  +
''#2020-05: Rory done an extended local consultation. Will probably move to board and local community/membership consultation soon.''
 
| email
 
| email
| Local Chapters
+
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
+
| Joost
 
| 2019-09-19
 
| 2019-09-19
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo| OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|Updated
  +
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo| OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application]].
  +
''#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.''
 
| email
 
| email
| Local Chapters
+
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
 
| 2020-01-20
 
| 2020-01-20
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo| Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|Updated
  +
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo|Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application]].
  +
''#2020-05: New process, [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo draft application available on the OSM wiki for community feedback].''
 
| email
 
| email
| Local Chapters
+
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
  +
|Updated
 
| to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach
 
| to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach
  +
''#2020-05: Most of data collected. They will send the summaries to board soon and will also prepare anonymised versions of answers, to be sent to the board as well. Blogposts might be published on topics that consistently came up.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"
 
| LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
+
|<s>Joost</s>
| 2020-03
+
|<s>2020-03</s>
| to follow up on hiring policy
+
|Done
| S2S 2020
+
|<s>to follow up on hiring policy</s>
| "Hiring"
+
''#2020-05: Completed: Gone for community consultation. Tobias has an action item to draft document.''
  +
|<s>S2S 2020</s>
  +
|<s>"Hiring"</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
|
 
  +
|2019-07
  +
|Updated
 
| to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain
 
| to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain
  +
''#2020-05: They will give us the new name before announcing and they are doing some brainstorming.''
 
|email
 
|email
 
| LWG
 
| LWG
Line 125: Line 176:
 
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
| 2019-06
 
| 2019-06
| <s>to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under [http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/ ODbL] if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL. <br> ''# Related [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082653.html talk@ discussion]'' </s><br>'' [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook| The decision seems to be]] (2019-10) to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.''
 
  +
|
  +
|<s>to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under [http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/ ODbL] if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL.
  +
''# Related [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082653.html talk@ discussion]'' </s>
  +
''[[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|#2019-10: The decision seems to be]] to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.''
 
| email
 
| email
 
| LWG
 
| LWG
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Heather</s>
+
|<s>'''Joost'''</s>
  +
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
  +
|'''Done'''
  +
|<s>'''[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Small_change_to_the_process_of_the_active_contributor_membership_program to create] a circular about approval of the active contributor membership program.'''</s>
  +
'''''<nowiki>#</nowiki>2020-06: [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes26_Accept_the_Active_Contributor_Program_as_outlined_by_MWG Done].'''''
  +
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
  +
|<s>'''MWG'''</s>
  +
|-
  +
|<s>Heather</s>
 
| 2018-12-20
 
| 2018-12-20
| to draft email to start off discussion on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk] mailing list about [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Start_developing_guidance_for_our_involvement_in_politics.2Factivism|developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism]]. <br> ''# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.
 
  +
|
  +
| to draft email to start off discussion on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk] mailing list about [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Start_developing_guidance_for_our_involvement_in_politics.2Factivism|developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism]].
  +
''# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.''
 
| meeting
 
| meeting
 
| Activism
 
| Activism
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
+
|<s>Kate</s>
| 2019-05-18
+
| 2019-05-18
| to write Administrative Assistant's job description. <br>''# Possibly completed.''
+
|
  +
| to write Administrative Assistant's job description.
  +
''# Possibly completed.''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
 
| Admin. Assistant
 
| Admin. Assistant
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
+
|<s>Kate</s>
 
| 2018-12-20
 
| 2018-12-20
| [[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Review_of_the_etiquette_guidance|to write]] to the [[Data_Working_Group|Data Working Group]] to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them
 
  +
|
  +
|[[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Review_of_the_etiquette_guidance|to write]] to the [[Data Working Group]] to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them
 
| meeting
 
| meeting
 
| DWG
 
| DWG
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
+
|<s>Kate</s>
 
| 2018-02-15
 
| 2018-02-15
  +
|
 
| to follow up with Grant about the [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist| technical workaround]] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
 
| to follow up with Grant about the [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist| technical workaround]] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
 
| meeting
 
| meeting
 
| OWG
 
| OWG
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
+
|<s>Kate</s>
 
| 2018-01-18
 
| 2018-01-18
| [[Board/Minutes/2018-01-18#Taking_a_stand| to update]] the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] and add a reporting plan
 
  +
|
  +
|[[Board/Minutes/2018-01-18#Taking_a_stand|to update]] the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] and add a reporting plan
 
| meeting
 
| meeting
 
| Communication
 
| Communication
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Mikel</font>
 
  +
| Mikel
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
+
| 2020-05-06
| <font color="blue">to set-up call of board members with Facebook people</font>
+
|Updated
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
+
| to set-up call of board members with Facebook people
| <font color="blue">Attribution</font>
+
''#2020-05: Suggesting a call not just on attribution but on all sort of topics that came up with Facebook.''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| Attribution
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
 
| 2020-03
 
| 2020-03
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]] and ask for next steps and recommendations
 
  +
|
  +
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from [[Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]] and ask for next steps and recommendations
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
Line 173: Line 233:
 
| Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias
 
| Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias
 
| 2020-03
 
| 2020-03
  +
|
 
|
 
|
 
* Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
 
* Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
Line 182: Line 243:
 
| "Hiring"
 
| "Hiring"
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel
+
|<s>Mikel</s>
| 2020-03
+
|<s>2020-03</s>
| to talk to Tom at Mapbox about Guillaume’s suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses).
+
|Done
| S2S 2020
+
|<s>to talk to Tom at Mapbox about Guillaume’s suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses).</s>
| "Attribution"|"Attribution"
+
''#2020-05: Done.''
  +
|<s>S2S 2020</s>
  +
| "Attribution" |<s>"Attribution"</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
 
| 2020-01-30
 
| 2020-01-30
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-01#Appointment_of_Board_Committees|to draft]] proposed changes to [[Board_Rules_of_Order|board rules of order]] and go back to the board
 
  +
|
  +
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-01#Appointment_of_Board_Committees|to draft]] proposed changes to [[Board_Rules_of_Order|board rules of order]] and go back to the board
  +
''#2020-05: In progress.''
 
| meeting
 
| meeting
 
| Rules of order
 
| Rules of order
Line 196: Line 259:
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
| 2019-05-18
  +
|Updated
 
| to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services these changes] (related [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ blogpost]).
 
| to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services these changes] (related [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ blogpost]).
''# Mikel plans (2020-02) to circulate to people in Ruby community''
+
''#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.''
  +
  +
''#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
 
| GDPR
 
| GDPR
Line 203: Line 267:
 
| Mikel/Joost
 
| Mikel/Joost
 
| 2019-05-18
 
| 2019-05-18
  +
|
 
| to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order"
 
| to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order"
''# [[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
+
''#[[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02:]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
 
| WGs
 
| WGs
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
+
|<s>Paul</s>
| 2020-03
+
|<s>2020-03</s>
| to find cases where things in OWG get done manually
+
|Updated
| S2S 2020
+
|<s>to find cases where things in OWG get done manually</s>
| "Dialogue with OSM System Administrators"
+
''#2020-05: To be closed and handled via OWG.''
  +
|<s>S2S 2020</s>
  +
|<s>"Dialogue with OSM System Administrators"</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| Paul
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org
+
|Updated
  +
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org
  +
''#2020-05: Completed - Paul to double check as first email might have not been sent correctly.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
+
|<s>Paul</s>
| 2019-06-19
+
|<s>2019-06-19</s>
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2019-06-19#Next_steps_on_pre-SotM_survey| to switch]] limesurvey plan to annual & expert</s>, transfer (limesurvey) ownership to OWG, billing to OSMF <s>and give access to Mikel, Joost and Dorothea</s>. <br> # ''The plan won't be changed for the time being.''
+
|Done
| meeting
+
|<s>[[Board/Minutes/2019-06-19#Next_steps_on_pre-SotM_survey| to switch]] limesurvey plan to annual & expert, transfer (limesurvey) ownership to OWG, billing to OSMF</s> <s>and give access to Mikel, Joost and Dorothea.</s>
| Surveys
+
''#2020-05: Completed. We're subscribed for a year.''
  +
|<s>meeting</s>
  +
|<s>Surveys</s>
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
+
|<s>Paul</s>
| 2018-05
+
|<s>2018-05</s>
| to take feedback from the pre-F2F 2019 survey to developers that is about software.<br> ''# Might have been completed.''
+
|Updated
| F2F 2019
+
|<s>to take feedback from the pre-F2F 2019 survey to developers that is about software.
| Survey
+
</s>''#2020-05: Decision for action item to be cancelled as there was not very useful information.''
  +
|<s>F2F 2019</s>
  +
|<s>Survey</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| Paul
 
| 2018-04-19
 
| 2018-04-19
  +
|Updated
 
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#FOSS_Policy| document]] the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF
 
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#FOSS_Policy| document]] the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF
  +
''#2020-05: Help on this welcome.''
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
 
| FOSS policy
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
+
|<s>Paul</s>
| 2016-10-28
+
|<s>2016-10-28</s>
| to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted. <br> '' # Was Peter's''
+
|Updated
| Meeting
+
|<s>to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted.
| FOSS policy
+
''# Was Peter's''</s>
  +
''#2020-05: Decision for item to be removed. Some work might fall out from the evaluation process''.
  +
|<s>Meeting</s>
  +
|<s>FOSS policy</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Rory
 
| Rory
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
  +
|
 
| to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts).
 
| to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts).
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Paul and Guillaume</font>
 
  +
|<s>'''Rory'''</s>
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
  +
|<s>'''2020-06-11 board chat'''</s>
| <font color="blue">to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language</font>
 
  +
|'''Done'''
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
  +
|<s>'''Rory to draft a reply to [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-June/006864.html Michael's email] about "Cesium OSM Buildings" and circulate it to the board.'''</s>
| <font color="blue">Attribution</font>
 
  +
'''<nowiki>#</nowiki>2020-06: [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-June/006914.html Done].'''
  +
|<s>'''Board chat'''</s>
  +
|[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes29_Grant_Cesium_permission_to_use_our_trademark_in_their_product_.E2.80.9CCesium_OSM_Buildings.E2.80.9C 2020/Res 29] "Grant Cesium permission to use our trademark in their product “Cesium OSM Buildings“"
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue"><s>Tobias</s></font>
+
|<s>'''Rory & Tobias'''</s>
| <font color="blue"><s>2020-05-06</s></font>
+
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
| <font color="blue"><s>to send hiring policy related email for membership consultation</s></font> <br> <font color="blue"> # [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-May/006816.html Done].</font>
+
|'''Done'''
| <font color="blue"><s>Meeting</s></font>
+
|<s>'''[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Investigation_of_fee_waivers_for_full_membership to check] with our Corporate Counsel whether the fee can be waived for normal memberships.'''</s>
| <font color="blue"><s>S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]</s></font>
+
'''<nowiki>#</nowiki>2020-06: Done.'''
  +
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
  +
|<s>'''MWG'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Tobias</font>
 
  +
| Paul and Guillaume
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
+
| 2020-05-06
| <font color="blue">to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on</font>
+
|
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
+
| to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language.
| <font color="blue">S2S 2020</font> <font color="blue">[[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]</font>
+
''#2020-05: In progress. Aiming to have the updated text ready at/before the next board meeting. Input used from all consultations (including SotM2019 and SotM-US 2019), not just mailing lists.''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| Attribution
  +
|-
  +
|<s>Tobias</s>
  +
|<s>2020-05-06</s>
  +
|Done
  +
|<s>to send hiring policy related email for membership consultation</s>
  +
# [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-May/006816.html Done].
  +
|<s>Meeting</s>
  +
|<s>S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| Tobias
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-05-06
  +
|
  +
| to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on
  +
''#2020-05: In progress.''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]
  +
|-
  +
| Tobias
  +
| 2020-03
  +
|Updated
 
| to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving
 
| to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving
  +
''#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
|-
 
|-
| Tobias
+
|<s>Tobias</s>
| 2020-03
+
|<s>2020-03</s>
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Forum moderators, Wiki Admins
+
|Done
| S2S 2020
+
|<s>to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Forum moderators, Wiki Admins</s>
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
+
''#2020-05: Done.''
  +
|<s>S2S 2020</s>
  +
|<s>"Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"</s>
  +
|-
  +
|<s>'''Tobias'''</s>
  +
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
  +
|'''Done'''
  +
|'''<s>[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Licence_for_standard_style_tiles to create] a circular resolution on licensing the osm.org "standard" style tiles on ODbL 1.0 "Produced Work" terms</s>'''
  +
'''''#2020-06: [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes27_Adopt_LWG_recommendation_for_standard_style_tile_license Done].'''''
  +
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
  +
|<s>'''LWG'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 15:08, 25 June 2020

The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board 2020-05-21 to consult Working Groups on whether there should be a Conflict of Interest policy for WGs and committees and what changes have to be made to the board CoI policy to make it applicable to these groups. Meeting Conflict of Interest
Board 2020-06-11 chat to look into a particular Microgrant application, after question from one of the Directors regarding the amount requested. Board chat Microgrants
Board 2020-06-11 chat Updated to send an email to the company acknowledging receipt of the Corporate Membership application and say we are looking into it.

#2020-06: We sent an email acknowledging receipt. The Board also received an email from LWG afterwards.

Board chat Recent Corporate Member application
Allan 2020-03 to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance

#2020-05: In progress

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Allan 2020-05 to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members. Meeting Action items
Guillaume 2020-03 to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses)

#2020-05: In progress

S2S 2020 "Attribution"
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure

#2020-05: In progress

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-05-06 to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for Meeting S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Guillaume 2020-05-06 Done to send out a circular to approve 2019 end of year accounts

#2020-06: Done

Meeting Finances
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency

#2020-06: In progress

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 Updated to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.

#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.

email FOSS policy
Guillaume 2020-05-21 to relay the feedback we received from our pro-bono lawyer about the draft LC agreement to OSM US Meeting Local Chapters
Guillaume 2020-05-21 Done to contact the CWG and enquire whether they are ok with OSMF opening a DeepL account, and give access to weeklyOSM, to CWG and to any other Working Group who asks.'

#2020-06: Done

Meeting Microgrants
Joost 2020-06-11 chat Done to post on osmf-talk about one of the observers report.

#2020-06: Done

Board chat Microgrants
Joost and Rory 2020-05-06 Updated to come up at next board meeting with recommendation for microgrants committee regarding how open their meetings should be.

#2020-05: Joost emailed the board that he would open a call for observers unless someone objected. No one did. This item will be removed as no longer relevant.

Meeting Microgrants
Joost 2020-05-11 to process the OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application, after finalisation of the updated LC agreement.

#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement.

email Local Chapters
Joost/Heather 2019-10-16 to work on a running document regarding Facebook attribution.

#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines

Meeting Facebook
Joost 2018-12-28 to process the OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application

#2020-05: No news.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-07-23 Updated to process the FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-08-23 Updated to process the OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: Rory done an extended local consultation. Will probably move to board and local community/membership consultation soon.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-09-19 Updated to process the OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2020-01-20 Updated to process the Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: New process, draft application available on the OSM wiki for community feedback.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2020-03 Updated to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach

#2020-05: Most of data collected. They will send the summaries to board soon and will also prepare anonymised versions of answers, to be sent to the board as well. Blogposts might be published on topics that consistently came up.

S2S 2020 LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"
Joost 2020-03 Done to follow up on hiring policy

#2020-05: Completed: Gone for community consultation. Tobias has an action item to draft document.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Joost (Taken up 2020-02) 2019-07 Updated to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain

#2020-05: They will give us the new name before announcing and they are doing some brainstorming.

email LWG
Joost (Taken up 2020-02) 2019-06 to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under ODbL if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL.

# Related talk@ discussion #2019-10: The decision seems to be to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.

email LWG
Joost 2020-05-21 Done to create a circular about approval of the active contributor membership program.

#2020-06: Done.

Meeting MWG
Heather 2018-12-20 to draft email to start off discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism.

# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.

meeting Activism
Kate 2019-05-18 to write Administrative Assistant's job description.

# Possibly completed.

F2F 2019 Admin. Assistant
Kate 2018-12-20 to write to the Data Working Group to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them meeting DWG
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website. meeting OWG
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan meeting Communication
Mikel 2020-05-06 Updated to set-up call of board members with Facebook people

#2020-05: Suggesting a call not just on attribution but on all sort of topics that came up with Facebook.

Meeting Attribution
Mikel 2020-03 to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee and ask for next steps and recommendations S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation
S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Mikel 2020-03 Done to talk to Tom at Mapbox about Guillaume’s suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses).

#2020-05: Done.

S2S 2020 "Attribution"
Mikel 2020-01-30 to draft proposed changes to board rules of order and go back to the board

#2020-05: In progress.

meeting Rules of order
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 Updated to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order"

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 WGs
Paul 2020-03 Updated to find cases where things in OWG get done manually

#2020-05: To be closed and handled via OWG.

S2S 2020 "Dialogue with OSM System Administrators"
Paul 2020-03 Updated to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org

#2020-05: Completed - Paul to double check as first email might have not been sent correctly.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
Paul 2019-06-19 Done to switch limesurvey plan to annual & expert, transfer (limesurvey) ownership to OWG, billing to OSMF and give access to Mikel, Joost and Dorothea.

#2020-05: Completed. We're subscribed for a year.

meeting Surveys
Paul 2018-05 Updated to take feedback from the pre-F2F 2019 survey to developers that is about software.

#2020-05: Decision for action item to be cancelled as there was not very useful information.

F2F 2019 Survey
Paul 2018-04-19 Updated to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF

#2020-05: Help on this welcome.

Meeting FOSS policy
Paul 2016-10-28 Updated to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted.

# Was Peter's #2020-05: Decision for item to be removed. Some work might fall out from the evaluation process.

Meeting FOSS policy
Rory 2020-03 to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts). S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Rory 2020-06-11 board chat Done Rory to draft a reply to Michael's email about "Cesium OSM Buildings" and circulate it to the board.

#2020-06: Done.

Board chat 2020/Res 29 "Grant Cesium permission to use our trademark in their product “Cesium OSM Buildings“"
Rory & Tobias 2020-05-21 Done to check with our Corporate Counsel whether the fee can be waived for normal memberships.

#2020-06: Done.

Meeting MWG
Paul and Guillaume 2020-05-06 to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language.

#2020-05: In progress. Aiming to have the updated text ready at/before the next board meeting. Input used from all consultations (including SotM2019 and SotM-US 2019), not just mailing lists.

Meeting Attribution
Tobias 2020-05-06 Done to send hiring policy related email for membership consultation
  1. Done.
Meeting S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Tobias 2020-05-06 to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on

#2020-05: In progress.

Meeting S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Tobias 2020-03 Updated to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving

#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Tobias 2020-03 Done to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Forum moderators, Wiki Admins

#2020-05: Done.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
Tobias 2020-05-21 Done to create a circular resolution on licensing the osm.org "standard" style tiles on ODbL 1.0 "Produced Work" terms

#2020-06: Done.

Meeting LWG