Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(new action items from 2020-07-16 board chat, updates and separation of items from past board members)
(update)
Line 10: Line 10:
 
! Source
 
! Source
 
! Related to
 
! Related to
|-
 
| <s>'''Board'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-07-16 chat'''</s>
 
|'''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to ask Sarah to send amount for her proposal regarding Nominatim and ask Johan to send proposal regarding osm2pgsql [Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)]'''</s>
 
| <s>'''Board chat'''</s>
 
| <s>'''Funding of projects used in core infrastructure '''</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>'''Board'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-06-11 chat'''</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to look into a particular Microgrant application, after question from one of the Directors regarding the amount requested.
 
''#2020-06-25 To be discussed during the meeting.'''''</s>
 
| <s>'''Board chat'''</s>
 
| <s>'''[[Microgrants]]'''</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>'''Board'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-06-11 chat'''</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to send an email to the company acknowledging receipt of the Corporate Membership application and say we are looking into it.'''</s>
 
<s>'''''#2020-06: We sent an email acknowledging receipt. The Board also received an email from LWG afterwards.'''''</s>
 
| <s>'''Board chat'''</s>
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-06-11#Recent_corporate_member_application_.5Brequested_by_Tobias.5D|<s>'''Recent Corporate Member application'''</s>]]
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Allan
 
| Allan
Line 42: Line 19:
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
 
|-
 
|-
| Allan
+
| <s>Allan </s>
| 2020-05
+
| <s>2020-05</s>
| Updated
+
| <s>Updated</s>
| to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members.
+
| <s>to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members.
''#2020-06-25 In progress.''
+
''#2020-06-25 In progress.''</s>
   
''#2020-07 Items from past board members moved to separate table.''
+
''#2020-07 Items from past board members moved to separate table. # Decision that the separate table will be deleted as items overtaken by events.''
| Meeting
+
| <s>Meeting</s>
| Action items
+
| <s>Action items</s>
 
|-
 
|-
| '''<s>Guillaume</s>'''
+
| <s>Guillaume</s>
| '''<s>2020-05-21</s>'''
+
| <s>2020-07-16 chat</s>
| '''Done'''
+
| Done
| '''<s>to relay the feedback we received from our pro-bono lawyer about the draft LC agreement to OSM US.</s>'''
+
| <s>to prepare a document explaining funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD) and ask for community feedback. ''[Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)]''
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
+
''#2020-05: In progress #2020-07 documents linked from agenda page.''</s>
|[[Local_Chapters|'''<s>Local Chapters</s>''']]
+
| <s>Meeting</s>
|-
+
| <s>Funding of projects used in core infrastructure</s>
| <s>'''Guillaume'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-05-06'''</s>
 
|'''[https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-July/006973.html Done]'''
 
| <s>'''to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for.'''</s>
 
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
| <s>'''S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]'''</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>'''Guillaume'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-03'''</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses).'''</s>
 
''#2020-06: [[Advisory_Board/Minutes/2020-06-22|online meeting]] with four of the six Corporate Members of the Advisory Board about attribution.'''''</s>
 
| <s>'''S2S 2020'''</s>
 
| <s>'''"Attribution"'''</s>
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| 2020-07-16 chat
 
|
 
| to prepare a document explaining funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD) and ask for community feedback. ''[Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)]''
 
''#2020-05: In progress''
 
| Meeting
 
| Funding of projects used in core infrastructure
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume/Allan
 
| Guillaume/Allan
Line 97: Line 74:
 
| <s>'''S2S 2020'''</s>
 
| <s>'''S2S 2020'''</s>
 
| <s>'''LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"'''</s>
 
| <s>'''LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"'''</s>
|-
 
| <s>'''Joost (Taken up 2020-02)'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2019-07'''</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain.'''</s>
 
''#2020-05: They will give us the new name before announcing and they are doing some brainstorming.''
 
''#2020-06: The initial plan was to let us know the new name before SotM.
 
| <s>''' email'''</s>
 
| <s>'''LWG'''</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
Line 117: Line 85:
 
| 2020-05-11
 
| 2020-05-11
 
| Un-paused
 
| Un-paused
| to process the[[Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States| OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application]], <s>after finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07 Done)</s>
+
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States|OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application]], <s>after finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07 Done)</s>
 
<s>''#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement.</s> (2020-07: [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement |Update of LC Agreement]] finalised)''
 
<s>''#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement.</s> (2020-07: [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement |Update of LC Agreement]] finalised)''
 
| email
 
| email
 
| [[Local Chapters]]
 
| [[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost<s>/Heather</s>
+
| <s>Joost (was: Heather)</s>
| 2019-10-16
+
| <s>2019-10-16</s>
| On hold
+
|
| to work on a running document regarding [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|Facebook attribution]].
+
| <s>to work on a running document regarding [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|Facebook attribution]].
''#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines''
+
''#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines</s> # 2020-07: Decision to be marked as overtaken by events.''
| Meeting
+
| <s>Meeting</s>
| Facebook
+
| <s>Facebook</s>
   
 
|-
 
|-
Line 184: Line 152:
 
| LWG
 
| LWG
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel
+
| <s>'''Mikel'''</s>
| 2020-07-16 chat
+
| <s>'''2020-07-30'''</s>
|
+
| Done
| to write a companion document regarding funding iD and run it by the board and Quincy Morgan (iD dev).
+
| <s>'''to ask for community feedback with the intention on voting on the Advisory Board split during the August meeting.'''</s>
| Meeting
+
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
| iD
+
| <s>'''Advisory Board'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
Line 217: Line 185:
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Hiring"
 
| "Hiring"
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| 2020-01-30
 
|
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-01#Appointment_of_Board_Committees|to draft]] proposed changes to [[Board_Rules_of_Order|board rules of order]] and go back to the board.
 
''#2020-05: In progress.''
 
| meeting
 
| Rules of order
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
Line 250: Line 210:
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
 
| EWG
 
| EWG
|-
 
| <s>'''Paul'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-03'''</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org.'''</s>
 
''#2020-05: Completed - Paul to double check as first email might have not been sent correctly.''
 
| <s>'''S2S 2020'''</s>
 
| <s>'''"Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"'''</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| Paul
Line 266: Line 218:
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
 
| FOSS policy
 
| FOSS policy
|-
 
| <s>'''Paul and Guillaume'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-05-06'''</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language.'''</s>
 
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
| <s>'''Attribution'''</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Rory
 
| Rory
Line 280: Line 225:
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
|-
 
| <s>'''Tobias'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-05-06'''</s>
 
| '''[[Hiring_Framework|Done]]''' ''([https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Hiring_Framework&oldid=7393 link to version])''
 
| <s>'''to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on.'''</s>
 
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
| <s>'''S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]'''</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>'''Tobias'''</s>
 
| <s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>'''to consult Working Groups on whether there should be a Conflict of Interest policy for WGs and committees and what changes have to be made to the board CoI policy to make it applicable to these groups.'''</s>
 
''#2020-06-25: Taken up by Tobias.''
 
 
''#2020-07: Feedback is being collected.''
 
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
| <s>'''Conflict of Interest'''</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| Tobias

Revision as of 15:01, 27 August 2020

The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Allan 2020-03 to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.

#2020-May & Jun: In progress

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Allan 2020-05 Updated to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members.

#2020-06-25 In progress.

#2020-07 Items from past board members moved to separate table. # Decision that the separate table will be deleted as items overtaken by events.

Meeting Action items
Guillaume 2020-07-16 chat Done to prepare a document explaining funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD) and ask for community feedback. [Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)]

#2020-05: In progress #2020-07 documents linked from agenda page.

Meeting Funding of projects used in core infrastructure
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05: In progress

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020-06: In progress

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 Updated to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.

#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.

#2020-06-25: See "reportage"

email FOSS policy
Joost 2020-03 On LCCWG to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach.

#2020-05: Most of data collected. They will send the summaries to board soon and will also prepare anonymised versions of answers, to be sent to the board as well. Blogposts might be published on topics that consistently came up.

#2020-06-25: In Clifford's action item list. Joost to send a reminder.

S2S 2020 LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"
Joost 2020-06-25 to consolidate feedback regarding the Argentina Local Chapter application, have chat with Asociación Civil Geolibres (Argentina) and then come back to the Meeting Local Chapters
Joost 2020-05-11 Un-paused to process the OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application, after finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07 Done)

#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07: Update of LC Agreement finalised)

email Local Chapters
Joost (was: Heather) 2019-10-16 to work on a running document regarding Facebook attribution.

#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines # 2020-07: Decision to be marked as overtaken by events.

Meeting Facebook
Joost 2018-12-28 to process the OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application.

#2020-May & Jun: No news.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-07-23 to process the FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-08-23 to process the OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: Rory done an extended local consultation. Will probably move to board and local community/membership consultation soon. #2020-06-25: Rory, Mikel and Dorothea offered to help.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-09-19 On hold to process the OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2020-01-20 Updated to process the Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: New process, draft application available on the OSM wiki for community feedback.

#2020-06-25: Mikel to help. #2020-07: Dorothea emailed about 2019 financial report.

email Local Chapters
Joost (Taken up 2020-02) 2019-06 to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under ODbL if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL.

# Related talk@ discussion #2019-10: The decision seems to be to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.

email LWG
Mikel 2020-07-30 Done to ask for community feedback with the intention on voting on the Advisory Board split during the August meeting. Meeting Advisory Board
Mikel 2020-05-06 to set-up call of board members with Facebook people.

#2020-05: Suggesting a call not just on attribution but on all sort of topics that came up with Facebook.

Meeting Attribution
Mikel 2020-03 to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee and ask for next steps and recommendations. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation
S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.
#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.
#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 WGs
Paul, Tobias and Guillaume 2020-06-25 to draft a proposal for rebirth of Engineering Working Group (EWG), to be looked at the next meeting. Meeting EWG
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF.

#2020-05: Help on this is welcome.

Meeting FOSS policy
Rory 2020-03 to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts). S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Tobias 2020-03 to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving.

#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"

Action items from past board members

Name of past board member Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Heather 2018-12-20 to draft email to start off discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism.

# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.

meeting Activism
Kate 2019-05-18 to write Administrative Assistant's job description.

# Possibly completed.

F2F 2019 Admin. Assistant
Kate 2018-12-20 to write to the Data Working Group to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them. meeting DWG
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website. meeting OWG
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan. meeting Communication