Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(+ 2020-11-12 mid-month meeting action items, other updates and formatting)
Line 11: Line 11:
 
!Source
 
!Source
 
!Related to
 
!Related to
  +
|-
  +
| '''Board'''
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-11#Uganda_Local_Chapter_application:_status_report|2020-11-12]]
  +
| Updated
  +
| '''to read the updated [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/2/2f/OSM_Uganda-Constitution_2020.pdf bylaws of OpenStreetMap Uganda], by the end of the week.'''<br> # On 2020-11 agenda.
  +
| Meeting
  +
| [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda| Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| Board
Line 26: Line 33:
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Board_capacity_and_sustainability| Board capacity and sustainability]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Board_capacity_and_sustainability| Board capacity and sustainability]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Allan
+
| '''Allan'''
| 2020-10
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-11|2020-11-12]]
|
+
|
| to start online document with questions to the [[Data_Working_Group| Data Working Group]] (DWG) about what their implementation could look like with intention to send in 1 week.
+
| '''to contact Maps.me people.'''
| S2S 2020
+
| Meeting
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Creating_software_dispute_resolution_panel| Software dispute resolution panel]]
+
|
 
|-
 
|-
| Allan
+
| '''Allan'''
| 2020-10
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-11|2020-11-12]]
|
+
|
| to send reminder to [[Licensing_Working_Group| Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) about waiting for the signed [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/a/a0/OSMF_NDA_201812066.pdf non-disclosure agreements] (NDAs) to share OSMF pro-bono lawyer's feedback.
+
| '''to look at [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/File:OSMPL_articles-of-association_EN.pdf constitution of Stowarzyszenie OpenStreetMap Polska].'''
| S2S 2020
+
| Meeting
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Attribution guidelines]]
+
| [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Applications/Poland| Local Chapters]]
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Allan</s>
  +
| <s>2020-10</s>
  +
| Done
  +
| <s>to start online document with questions to the [[Data_Working_Group| Data Working Group]] (DWG) about what their implementation could look like with intention to send in 1 week.</s>
  +
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Creating_software_dispute_resolution_panel| Software dispute resolution panel]]</s>
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Allan</s>
  +
| <s>2020-10</s>
  +
| Done
  +
| <s>to send reminder to [[Licensing_Working_Group| Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) about waiting for the signed [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/a/a0/OSMF_NDA_201812066.pdf non-disclosure agreements] (NDAs) to share OSMF pro-bono lawyer's feedback.</s>
  +
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Attribution guidelines]]</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| <s>Allan with Rory</s>
 
| <s>Allan with Rory</s>
Line 109: Line 116:
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
| Updated
 
| Updated
| to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer [for feedback]
+
| to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.<br> ''# Lawyer is sick.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association]] <br> ''# Lawyer is sick.''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume with Mikel
 
| Guillaume with Mikel
Line 167: Line 174:
 
|email
 
|email
 
|FOSS policy
 
|FOSS policy
  +
|-
  +
| '''Joost'''
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-11|2020-11-12]]
  +
|
  +
| '''to brief Allan on [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Japan|Japan's reactivated Local Chapter application]] and then Allan and Paul to collaborate. '''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Japan|Japan]]
  +
|-
  +
| '''Joost'''
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-11|2020-11-12]]
  +
|
  +
| '''to send link of [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Local_Chapters_Congress/2020 Local Chapter's Congress wikipage] to Allan. '''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group|LCCWG]]
  +
|-
  +
| '''Joost'''
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-11|2020-11-12]]
  +
|
  +
| '''to summarise Local Chapters [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Surveys Survey] ''([https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/d/d9/2020_Local_Chapter_Survey.pdf copy of questions])'' at November public board meeting.'''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| [[Local_Chapters/Applications/| Local Chapters]]
  +
|-
  +
| '''Joost and Guillaume'''
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-11|2020-11-12]]
  +
|
  +
| '''to set-up a pre-meeting with OECD.'''
  +
| Meeting
  +
|
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
|
| to develop numbers on country breakdown in current membership, vs prior year and vs country level participation
+
| to develop numbers on country breakdown in current membership, vs prior year and vs country level participation.
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
Line 182: Line 217:
 
|Membership
 
|Membership
 
|-
 
|-
|Joost
+
| Joost
|2018-12-28
+
| 2018-12-28
|
+
| Updated
|to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda|OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application]].
+
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda|OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application]].<br>
''#2020-May & Jun: No news.''
+
''#2020-May & Jun: No news.''<br>
  +
''#2020-11: On agenda.''
 
| email
 
| email
 
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|[[Local Chapters]]
Line 192: Line 227:
 
|Joost
 
|Joost
 
|2019-07-23
 
|2019-07-23
|
 
  +
|Updated
|to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Slovakia|FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application]].
+
|to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Slovakia|FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application]].<br>
''#2020 May & Jul: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership''
+
''#2020 May & Jul: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership''<br>
  +
''#2020 Nov: English translation of [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/3/30/Freemap_Slovakia-Tax_statement_2019_EN.pdf 2019 tax statement] recently provided.''
 
|email
 
|email
 
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
|Joost
+
| <s>Joost</s>
|2019-09-19
+
| <s>2019-09-19</s>
|
+
| Done
|to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo| OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application]].
+
| <s>to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo| OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application]].</s>
''#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.''
+
''#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.''<br>
| email
+
''#2020-11: Voting on 2020-11 agenda.''
|[[Local Chapters]]
+
| <s>email</s>
  +
| <s>[[Local Chapters]]</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
Line 216: Line 251:
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
|
| to extend "donate time" project to companies
+
| to extend "donate time" project to companies.
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
Line 223: Line 258:
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
|
| to revitalise the [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]]
+
| to revitalise the [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]].
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
Line 269: Line 304:
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
|
| to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers
+
| to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers.
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Legal_team_and_Brexit_implications_-_resolve_how_to_respond|Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Legal_team_and_Brexit_implications_-_resolve_how_to_respond|Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond]]
Line 276: Line 311:
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
|
| to create version of [[Conflict_of_Interest_Policy|board Conflict of Interest]] (CoI) to be applicable to [[Working_Groups|Working Groups]] (WGs)
+
| to create version of [[Conflict_of_Interest_Policy|board Conflict of Interest]] (CoI) to be applicable to [[Working_Groups|Working Groups]] (WGs).
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Develop_plan_for_conflict_of_interest_on_Working_Groups|Develop plan for conflict of interest on Working Groups]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Develop_plan_for_conflict_of_interest_on_Working_Groups|Develop plan for conflict of interest on Working Groups]]
Line 283: Line 318:
 
| <s>2020-10</s>
 
| <s>2020-10</s>
 
| Done
 
| Done
| <s>to put explanation of the board attribution changes in writing and explain that the board won't provide a red-lined version</s>
+
| <s>to put explanation of the board attribution changes in writing and explain that the board won't provide a red-lined version.</s>
 
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
 
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Attribution guidelines]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Attribution guidelines]]</s>
Line 290: Line 325:
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
|
| to collaborate with Tobias on emailing [[Licensing_Working_Group| Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement
+
| to collaborate with Tobias on emailing [[Licensing_Working_Group| Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
+
| <s>Paul</s>
| 2020-10
+
| <s>2020-10</s>
|
+
| Done
| to take to email Reddit "Ask me Anything"
+
| <s>to take to email Reddit "[https://www.reddit.com/r/openstreetmap/comments/jnijni/ask_us_anything_we_are_openstreetmap_foundation/ Ask me Anything]"</s>
| S2S 2020
+
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| <s>Rory </s>
 
| <s>Rory </s>
Line 318: Line 353:
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
 
| Updated
 
| Updated
| to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer for wording for some of these changes. ''# 2020-10 lawyer sick.''
+
| to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer for wording for some of these changes. <br>''# 2020-10 lawyer sick.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates]]

Revision as of 06:14, 19 November 2020

The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board 2020-11-12 Updated to read the updated bylaws of OpenStreetMap Uganda, by the end of the week.
# On 2020-11 agenda.
Meeting Local Chapters
Board 2020-10 to approve budget S2S 2020 2021 budget
Board 2020-10 to set post-election timeline S2S 2020 Board capacity and sustainability
Allan 2020-11-12 to contact Maps.me people. Meeting
Allan 2020-11-12 to look at constitution of Stowarzyszenie OpenStreetMap Polska. Meeting Local Chapters
Allan 2020-10 Done to start online document with questions to the Data Working Group (DWG) about what their implementation could look like with intention to send in 1 week. S2S 2020 Software dispute resolution panel
Allan 2020-10 Done to send reminder to Licensing Working Group (LWG) about waiting for the signed non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to share OSMF pro-bono lawyer's feedback. S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines
Allan with Rory 2020-10 Done to work on communicating the Articles of Association (AoA) change ideas to the membership S2S 2020 Articles of association
Allan 2020-10 to circulate outline to rest of board members regarding strategic plan and drive forward the topic (which would then serve fundraising asks in 2021) S2S 2020 OSMF fundraising and Wrap-up session
Allan 2020-03 to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.

#2020-May,Jun,Jul: In progress. One good conversation.
#2020-Aug: In contact with Gunner.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Guillaume with Paul 2020-10 to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers S2S 2020 Brexit
Guillaume 2020-10 Done to draft new copy of personnel committee charter
# Done and on 2020-10 agenda.
S2S 2020 Managing staff
Guillaume 2020-10 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner (screen-to-screen facilitator)/Communication Working Group (CWG) 2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Rory 2020-10 Updated to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
S2S 2020 Articles of association
Guillaume with Mikel 2020-10 to work on plan on how the money will be collected S2S 2020 OSMF fundraising
Guillaume with Paul 2020-10 Done. to put explanation of the board attribution changes in writing and explain that the board won't provide a red-lined version S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05: In progress

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress. #2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage"
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Joost 2020-11-12 to brief Allan on Japan's reactivated Local Chapter application and then Allan and Paul to collaborate. Meeting Japan
Joost 2020-11-12 to send link of Local Chapter's Congress wikipage to Allan. Meeting LCCWG
Joost 2020-11-12 to summarise Local Chapters Survey (copy of questions) at November public board meeting. Meeting Local Chapters
Joost and Guillaume 2020-11-12 to set-up a pre-meeting with OECD. Meeting
Joost 2020-10 to develop numbers on country breakdown in current membership, vs prior year and vs country level participation. S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership. Meeting Membership
Joost 2018-12-28 Updated to process the OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application.

#2020-May & Jun: No news.
#2020-11: On agenda.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-07-23 Updated to process the FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application.

#2020 May & Jul: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership
#2020 Nov: English translation of 2019 tax statement recently provided.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-09-19 Done to process the OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.
#2020-11: Voting on 2020-11 agenda.

email Local Chapters
Mikel 2020-10 Updated to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.
S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel 2020-10 to extend "donate time" project to companies. S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel with help of Rory and Allan 2020-10 to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee. S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Mikel 2020-03 to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee and ask for next steps and recommendations. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."

#2020-07: No action to report.

Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias 2020-03 Updated
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community. #2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM. #2020-06-25: Will start fresh. #2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 WGs
Paul with Guillaume 2020-10 to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers. S2S 2020 Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond
Paul 2020-10 to create version of board Conflict of Interest (CoI) to be applicable to Working Groups (WGs). S2S 2020 Develop plan for conflict of interest on Working Groups
Paul with Guillaume 2020-10 Done to put explanation of the board attribution changes in writing and explain that the board won't provide a red-lined version. S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines
Paul 2020-10 to collaborate with Tobias on emailing Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement. S2S 2020 Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement
Paul 2020-10 Done to take to email Reddit "Ask me Anything" S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Rory 2020-10 Updated to reply to OSMF pro-bono lawyer's email on attribution guidelines
# Done, but lawyer sick.
S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines
Rory 2020-10 Updated to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer if we can waive fee for membership without needing an Articles of Association (AoA) change. # 2020-10 lawyer sick. S2S 2020 Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates
Rory 2020-10 Updated to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer for wording for some of these changes.
# 2020-10 lawyer sick.
S2S 2020 Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates
Rory 2020-03 to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts). #2020-08: Reached to DWG. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Tobias with Paul 2020-10 to collaborate on emailing Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2020-03 Done to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving.

#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda. 2020-07: Suggestion for the board to take the initiative on the membership pre-requisites. MWG probably had a first draft, help is welcome. #2020-08 and 2020-09 Topic on the agenda.
Consultation email about CoI sent - not many responses. Also 2020-09 agenda item. 2020-10 Done.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"