Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(updates)
Line 11: Line 11:
 
!Source
 
!Source
 
!Related to
 
!Related to
  +
|-
  +
|'''Board'''
  +
|'''2022-01'''
  +
|'''future agenda item'''
  +
|'''evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms'''
  +
|'''Board'''
  +
|[[Board/Minutes/2021-01| '''Board Minutes 29 January 2021''']],<br>[https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software_dispute_resolution_panel#Mandate '''OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel''']
 
|-
 
|-
 
|<s>'''Board'''</s>
 
|<s>'''Board'''</s>

Revision as of 17:08, 29 January 2021

The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board 2022-01 future agenda item evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms Board Board Minutes 29 January 2021,
OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel
Board 2020-10 To be removed to approve budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Board 2020-10 To be removed to set post-election timeline. S2S 2020 Board capacity and sustainability
Allan 2020-11-12 Done to contact Maps.me people.
# Done but not heard back.
Meeting
Allan 2020-11-12 Done to look at constitution of Stowarzyszenie OpenStreetMap Polska. Meeting Local Chapters
Allan 2020-10 Updated to circulate outline to rest of board members regarding strategic plan and drive forward the topic (which would then serve fundraising asks in 2021)

# 2020-Dec: Draft circulated.

S2S 2020 OSMF fundraising and Wrap-up session
Allan 2020-03 to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.

#2020-May,Jun,Jul: In progress. One good conversation.
#2020-Aug: In contact with Gunner.

# 2020-Dec: Continues.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Guillaume with Paul 2020-10 to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers. S2S 2020 Brexit
Guillaume 2020-10 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner (screen-to-screen facilitator)/Communication Working Group (CWG) 2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Rory 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
S2S 2020 Articles of association
Guillaume with Mikel 2020-10 Updated to work on plan on how the money will be collected.
# 2020-11 In progress.

# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.

S2S 2020 OSMF fundraising
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.

#2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage".
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Joost 2020-11-12 Done to brief Allan on Japan's reactivated Local Chapter application and then Allan and Paul to collaborate.
# Kathleen Lu is directly in contact with OSMF Japan.
Meeting Japan
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership. Meeting Membership
Joost 2018-12-28 Done to process the OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application.

#2020-May & Jun: No news.
#2020-Nov: On agenda.
#2020-Dec: Local and membership consultation period ended.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-07-23 Done to process the FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application.

#2020 May & Jul: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership
#2020 11: English translation of 2019 tax statement recently provided.
#2020-12: Local and membership consultation period ended

#2020-12 To be added on the January agenda

email Local Chapters
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

#2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel 2020-10 to extend "donate time" project to companies. S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel with help of Rory and Allan 2020-10 to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee. S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Mikel 2020-03 to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee and ask for next steps and recommendations. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."

#2020-07: No action to report.

Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea.
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter.
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 WGs
Paul with Guillaume 2020-10 to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers. S2S 2020 Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond
Paul 2020-10 to collaborate with Tobias on emailing Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement. S2S 2020 Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement
Rory 2020-12 Done to send formal email to board members in order to set dates for January monthly board meeting and mid-month chat. Meeting
Rory 2020-12 Done to check availability of board members and Gunner (facilitator of previous face-to-face board meetings) for the second half of February. Meeting Screen-to-Screen meeting, February 2021
Rory 2020-12 Done to fix a meeting date with the HOT board. Meeting
Rory 2020-12 Done to send links related to the Strategic Plan to new board members. The links are also available on the board wiki. Meeting Strategic plan
Rory 2020-10 to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer if we can waive fee for membership without needing an Articles of Association (AoA) change.

# 2020-10 lawyer sick.
# 2020-11 Not done but see AGM resolution.

S2S 2020 Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates
Rory 2020-10 to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer for wording for some of these changes.
# 2020-10 lawyer sick.
S2S 2020 Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates
Rory 2020-03 to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts).

#2020-08: Reached to DWG.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Tobias with Paul 2020-10 Updated to collaborate on emailing Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement

# 2020-12 Draft to be shared with the board before the board election.

S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines