Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Updates)
(update my action items)
Line 228: Line 228:
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]
|-
 
| '''Rory'''
 
| '''2021-02'''
 
| '''New'''
 
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-02#Treasurer.27s_report|to do a circular on the OWG budget]] after discussion about the selected tier'''.
 
 
''# 2021-03 [[Board/Minutes/2021-03#Operations_Working_Group_budget|Topic on the March agenda]].''
 
| Meeting
 
| Budget
 
|-
 
| Rory
 
| 2020-10
 
| Updated
 
| to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer if we can waive fee for membership without needing an [[Articles of Association]] (AoA) change.
 
''# 2020-10 lawyer sick.'' <br>''# 2020-11 Not done but see AGM resolution.''<br>''# 2021-02 lawyer still sick.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association|Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates]]
 
|-
 
| Rory
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer for wording for some of these changes. <br>''# 2020-10 lawyer sick.'' <br>''# 2021-02 lawyer still sick.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates]]
 
|-
 
| Rory
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts).
 
<nowiki>#</nowiki>2020-08: Reached to [[Data_Working_Group| Data Working Group]].
 
|S2S 2020
 
|"[[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Taking_stock_of_governance_and_identifying_areas_for_improvement|Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement]]. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
|Tobias <s>with Paul</s>
 
|Tobias <s>with Paul</s>
Line 269: Line 237:
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Attribution guidelines]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Attribution guidelines]]
 
|-
 
|-
  +
|Rory
  +
|2021-03
  +
|in progress
  +
|Upgrade all LCs to current Local Chapter contract
  +
|
  +
|
  +
|-
  +
|Rory
  +
|2020-03
  +
|in progress
  +
|HOT Trademark Grant
  +
|
  +
|
  +
|-
  +
|Rory
  +
|2021-03
  +
|in progress
  +
|Organise a OSMF Board & Advisory Board meeting
  +
|
  +
|
  +
|-
  +
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 13:15, 26 March 2021

The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board Set on 2021-01 for 2022-01 future agenda item evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms Board OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel
Board 2021-02-26 New to look at the attribution guidelines related document that will be sent to external counsel and have the matter settled by the mid-March chat. Meeting Attribution Guidelines
Board Allan 2021-02 2020-10 to look at the strategic plan document and provide comments. Deadline: mid-March chat.

Was: Allan to circulate outline to rest of board members regarding strategic plan and drive forward the topic (which would then serve fundraising asks in 2021) # 2020-Dec: Draft circulated.

S2S 2020 OSMF fundraising and Wrap-up session
Allan 2020-02-12 Updated to create circular for paying external counsel for advice related to attribution guidelines.

# 2021-02 Not done, as not clear to Allan if there is concensus on the board with regards to the document that will be sent to the external counsel. Board members to look at the document and have the matter settled by the mid-month chat (new action item - see above).

Meeting Attribution Guidelines
Allan 2021-02 New to circulate to the board his notes from the conversations with people from the Linux Foundation on software governance.

Related to the action item below.

Meeting "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Allan 2020-03 (screen-to-screen) to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.

#2020-May,Jun,Jul: In progress. One good conversation.
#2020-Aug: In contact with Gunner. # 2020-Dec: Continues. # 2021-02: Two discussions with people from Linux Foundation. Allan to circulate the notes to board. (new action item)

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Guillaume 2020-10 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner (screen-to-screen facilitator)/Communication Working Group (CWG) 2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with Rory 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
screen-to-screen 2020-10 Articles of association
Guillaume with Mikel 2020-10 to work on plan on how the money will be collected.

# 2020-11 In progress.
# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.

screen-to-screen 2020-10 OSMF fundraising
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.

#2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).

screen-to-screen 2020-10 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage".
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Jean-Marc (was: Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias) 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea.
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter.
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
# 2021-02-12 one part done.
Meeting Membership
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

#2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel 2020-10 to extend "donate time" project to companies. S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel with help of Rory and Allan 2020-10 to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee. S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 Working Groups
Rory with Guillaume 2020-10 Done to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers. S2S 2020 Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond
Tobias (was: Paul) 2020-10 to email the Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.

# LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.

S2S 2020 Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement
Tobias with Paul 2020-10 to collaborate on emailing Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement

# 2020-12 Draft to be shared with the board before the board election.

S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines
Rory 2021-03 in progress Upgrade all LCs to current Local Chapter contract
Rory 2020-03 in progress HOT Trademark Grant
Rory 2021-03 in progress Organise a OSMF Board & Advisory Board meeting