Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Updates mainly from the 2021-09-24 board meeting and the 2021-10-15 board chat, addition of links, formatting)
(+ new action item regarding EU transparency register)
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 18: Line 18:
 
| Board
 
| Board
 
| [[osm:Software dispute resolution panel|Software dispute resolution panel]]
 
| [[osm:Software dispute resolution panel|Software dispute resolution panel]]
  +
|-
  +
| Board
  +
| 2021-12-11
  +
| '''New'''
  +
| to choose a new board member with legal responsibility and in charge of EU relations for the [[EU_Transparency_Register|EU transparency register]].
  +
| Action item after 2021 board election
  +
| [[EU_Transparency_Register|EU transparency register]]
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Board</s>
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|2021-10-29]]</s>
  +
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s>to [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|ask]] the [[Microgrants/Committee|Microgrants committee]] to work on formulating a refined proposal for the next round based on community feedback.</s> In the meantime the board will work on budgeting and fundraising.
  +
| <s>Meeting</s>
  +
| <s>[[Microgrants|Microgrants]]</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| Board
Line 28: Line 42:
 
| Board
 
| Board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#St_John.27s_Innovation_centre_request_for_documents|2021-08-13]] ''(board chat)''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#St_John.27s_Innovation_centre_request_for_documents|2021-08-13]] ''(board chat)''
|
+
| Updated
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#St_John.27s_Innovation_centre_request_for_documents|to email]] the documents requested by St John's Innovation centre to Dorothea.
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#St_John.27s_Innovation_centre_request_for_documents|to email]] the documents requested by St John's Innovation centre to Dorothea.<br>
  +
''2021-11-26 Guillaume called St. John's Innovation centre but couldn't get hold of them.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]
 
| OSMF's registered office
 
| OSMF's registered office
 
|-
 
|-
| Board
+
| <s>Board</s>
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Brexit_.2F_research_into_EU_member_states_as_possible_venues_for_reincorporation_of_OSMF|2021-08-13]] ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Brexit_.2F_research_into_EU_member_states_as_possible_venues_for_reincorporation_of_OSMF|2021-08-13]] ''(board chat)''</s>
  +
| Superceded. To be removed.
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Brexit_.2F_research_into_EU_member_states_as_possible_venues_for_reincorporation_of_OSMF|to look]] at the [https://files.osmfoundation.org/apps/onlyoffice/s/F3QNmG8JHz8iWp5 spreadsheet] with the overview of recent correspondence to board related to move to the EU and update it if they have replied to someone but have not copied the response to the Gitlab ticket.
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Brexit_.2F_research_into_EU_member_states_as_possible_venues_for_reincorporation_of_OSMF|to look]] at the [https://files.osmfoundation.org/apps/onlyoffice/s/F3QNmG8JHz8iWp5 spreadsheet] with the overview of recent correspondence to board related to move to the EU and update it if they have replied to someone but have not copied the response to the Gitlab ticket.</s><br>
  +
''# 2021-11 Jean-Marc is looking at the correspondence received.''
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]
 
| OSMF relocation
 
|-
 
| <s>Allan</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Brexit_.2F_research_into_EU_member_states_as_possible_venues_for_reincorporation_of_OSMF|2021-08-13]]</s> ''(board chat)''
 
| Superseded by new action item for Jean-Marc.
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Brexit_.2F_research_into_EU_member_states_as_possible_venues_for_reincorporation_of_OSMF|to look]] at the information collected so far and come up in the next weeks with suggestions for board on next steps.</s><br>
 
'' <s># 2021-08-27 to look at the information collected so far ([https://lite.framacalc.org/9oc7-osmf-possible-eu-successors 1], [https://files.osmfoundation.org/apps/onlyoffice/s/F3QNmG8JHz8iWp5 2]) and come up in the next weeks with suggestions for board on next steps. </s>'' <br> ''# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Analysis_of_options_for_OSMF_relocation|Analysis of options for OSMF relocation]].''
 
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]</s>
 
| <s>OSMF relocation</s>
 
| <s>OSMF relocation</s>
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| Board ''(was: Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan. Change of ownership on 2021-11-26).''
| '''Amanda'''
 
  +
| 2020-10
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Any_restrictions_for_minors_becoming_OSMF_members.3F|2021-10-15]]''' ''(board chat)''
 
  +
| Updated and on-hold ''(on-hold set on 2021-10-29)''
| '''New'''
 
  +
| to revitalise the [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]].<br> ''# 2021-11-26 Mikel asked for his name to be removed and the issue to go back to the whole board.''
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Any_restrictions_for_minors_becoming_OSMF_members.3F|to ask our pro-bono lawyer]] about any restrictions for minors becoming OSMF members.'''
 
  +
| S2S 2020
| '''Mid-month board chat'''
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
| '''Becoming an OSMF member'''
 
  +
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| Amanda
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10|2021-09-10]] ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Any_restrictions_for_minors_becoming_OSMF_members.3F|2021-10-15]] ''(board chat)''
  +
|
| Updated
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Any_restrictions_for_minors_becoming_OSMF_members.3F|to ask our pro-bono lawyer]] about any restrictions for minors becoming OSMF members.<br> ''#2021-10-29 Lawyer is sick.''
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10#OSMF_policy_for_.E2.80.9CState_of_the_Map.E2.80.9D_trademark_grants_for_places_which_are_LGBTQ-unsafe|to formulate]] a motion to be voted on the September board meeting that would establish such a policy where safety is ensured for everyone who wants to attend an OSM conference. How the policy will be implemented, will be decided by the [[StateoftheMap_Organizing_Committee|State of the Map Working Group]]. <br> ''# 2021-10-15 The board [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#State_of_the_Map_safety_policy_wording|is working]] on a draft policy. If the board is fine with the draft by the October public board meeting, it will be put for community consultation for around a month. Depending on the community consultation, the board might vote on the draft during the November board meeting.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10|mid-month board chat]]
+
| Mid-month board chat
  +
| Becoming an OSMF member
| [[osm:State_of_the_Map|State of the Map]]
 
|-
 
| <s>Amanda</s>
 
| <s>2021-08</s>
 
| Superseded by 2021-09-10 action item above
 
| <s>OSMF Policy for [[osm:State_Of_The_Map|State of the Map]] trademark & LGBTQ safe places</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|2021-08 mid month chat]]</s>
 
| <s>OSMF Diversity Policy</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>Amanda</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10|2021-09-10]]/s> ''(board chat)''
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10#Preparation_for_Annual_General_Meeting_and_election|to contact]] Michael Collinson and ask him if he wants to be again a volunteer facilitator for the questions to the candidates for the 2021 board election. </s><br> ''# Michael Collinson has accepted.''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10|mid-month board chat]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Annual_General_Meetings|Annual General Meeting]]</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| Amanda
Line 87: Line 82:
 
|
 
|
 
| HOT trademark grant<br>
 
| HOT trademark grant<br>
''# 2021-08 In progress''
 
 
|
 
|
| HOT trademark grant
+
| HOT trademark grant<br> ''# 2021-08 In progress''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
  +
|
| Updated
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03#Presentation_from_Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_moderation_subcommittee|to add]] "Interim update from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|LCCWG subcommittee]]" to the public board meeting agenda every two months. <br> ''# 2021-07 [[Board/Minutes/2021-07#Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_Moderation_Subcommittee_-_status_update_presentation|On the agenda]].''<br>
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03#Presentation_from_Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_moderation_subcommittee|to add]] "Interim update from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|LCCWG subcommittee]]" to the public board meeting agenda every two months. <br>
''# 2021-09 [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Presentation_by_the_LCCWG_Moderation_Subcommittee|On the agenda]].''
+
''# 2021-07 [[Board/Minutes/2021-07#Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_Moderation_Subcommittee_-_status_update_presentation|On the agenda]].''<br>
  +
''# 2021-09 [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Presentation_by_the_LCCWG_Moderation_Subcommittee|On the agenda]].''<br>
  +
''# 2021-11 [[Board/Minutes/2021-11#Presentation_by_the_LCCWG_Moderation_Subcommittee|On the agenda]].''
 
| Board meeting
 
| Board meeting
 
| [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|Moderation subcommittee]]
 
| [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|Moderation subcommittee]]
Line 107: Line 103:
 
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
 
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| Guillaume and Mikel
| <s>Amanda</s>
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11#Treasurer.27s_report|2021-11-26]]
| <s>2021-08</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>To move Mastodon server to OSMF support</s> <br> '' # 2021-08 The board [[Board/Minutes/2021-08#2021.2FRes25_OSMF_takes_over_funding_for_the_en.osm.town_Mastodon_instance.2Fserver|has approved]] for OSMF to take over funding for the en.osm.town Mastodon instance/server.''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|2021-08 mid month chat]]</s>
 
| <s>Comms., FLOSS Policy</s>
 
|-
 
| '''Guillaume'''
 
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Hiring_an_iD_developer|2021-09]] '''
 
 
| '''New'''
 
| '''New'''
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Hiring_an_iD_developer|to contact]] the second [[osm:ID|iD]] candidate, who was not selected, regarding his application outcome.'''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11#Treasurer.27s_report|to come up]] with an outline of a plan regarding the Fundraising and Budget committee.
| '''Board meeting'''
+
| Board meeting
  +
|
| '''Hiring an iD developer'''
 
  +
|-
  +
|-
  +
| Guillaume
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Engineering_Working_Group_budget_and_administrative_assistance|2021-11-12]] ''(board chat)''
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Engineering_Working_Group_budget_and_administrative_assistance|to sketch]] a bare-bones budget for 2022 before the November 2021 public meeting.
  +
| board chat
  +
| Finances
  +
|-
  +
| Guillaume
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Engineering_Working_Group_budget_and_administrative_assistance|2021-11-12]] ''(board chat)''
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Engineering_Working_Group_budget_and_administrative_assistance|to give]] a full treasurer's report in November public meeting: money and projection for 2022.
  +
| board chat
  +
| Finances
 
|-
 
|-
 
| <s>Guillaume</s>
 
| <s>Guillaume</s>
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08|2021-08-27]]</s>
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Questions_related_to_Operations_Working_Group_2022_plan|2021-10-29]]</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s><s>to [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Questions_related_to_Operations_Working_Group_2022_plan|respond]] to the questions sent by the [[Operations_Working_Group| Operations Working Group]] (OWG).</s>
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08#Translations_of_binding_legal_texts|to reach out]] to Simon Poole (past [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) chairperson) to ask about the French and Italian translations of the contributor terms.</s> <br> ''# 2021-09-24 Before Simon's time. Probably for legal reasons but can't remember. Action item to be removed.''
 
| <s>Board meeting</s>
+
| <s>Email</s>
| <s>Translations of legal texts</s>
+
| <s>Operations</s>
  +
|-
  +
| Guillaume
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|2021-10-29]]
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|to suggest]] to the [[Microgrants/Committee|Microgrants committee]] to have microgrants throughout the year instead of doing rounds.
  +
| Meeting
  +
| [[Microgrants|Microgrants]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| Guillaume
Line 149: Line 160:
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner/[[Communication_Working_Group|CWG]]<br>
+
| Guillaume with help of <s>Allan/</s>Gunner/[[Communication_Working_Group|CWG]]<br>
 
<small>''Gunner has been a facilitator for some of the board annual meetings.''</small>
 
<small>''Gunner has been a facilitator for some of the board annual meetings.''</small>
 
| 2020-10
 
| 2020-10
Line 171: Line 182:
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Guillaume
+
| Guillaume (with Jean-Marc, added on 2021-11-12)
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]] and restated on [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Options_for_OSMF_relocation_.2F_subsidiary|2021-11-12]]
 
|
 
|
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to have a call]] with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution.
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to have a call]] with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Will also ask if it is possible to transfer the Contributor terms.
| Board meeting
+
| Board meeting and board chat
 
| OSMF relocation
 
| OSMF relocation
 
|-
 
|-
Line 192: Line 203:
 
''#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''<br>
 
''#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''<br>
 
''#2020-06-25: See "[[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Reportage|reportage]]".''<br>
 
''#2020-06-25: See "[[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Reportage|reportage]]".''<br>
''#2020-07: no action reported.''
+
''#2020-07: no action reported.''<br>
  +
''#2021-10-29: OWG will pay Google for the time being.''
 
| email
 
| email
 
| FOSS policy
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
|-
| '''Jean-Marc and Amanda'''
+
| Jean-Marc with Mikel
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_technical_work_and_community_work|2021-10-15]]''' ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_.2F_commercial_activities_in_local_chapters|2021-11-12]] ''(board chat)''
  +
|
| '''New'''
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_.2F_commercial_activities_in_local_chapters|to draft]] a short reply to MapUganda.
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_technical_work_and_community_work|to draft a proposal for a second microgrants round]], including parameters (amount of money, source of funds, and selected recommendations from the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/File:OSMF_Microgrants_report_2020-21.odt final report] (.odt, 29 KB) by the [[Microgrants/Committee|microgrants committee]]) to be voted during the October board meeting.''' # ''Note: [[Microgrants/Policy_Framework|Previous microgrants framework]]''
 
| '''Mid-month board chat'''
+
| board chat
  +
| Local Chapter application
| '''[[Microgrants]]'''
 
 
|-
 
|-
| '''Jean-Marc'''
+
| Jean-Marc and Amanda
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|2021-10-15]]''' ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_technical_work_and_community_work|2021-10-15]] ''(board chat)''
  +
| On-hold
| '''New'''
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_technical_work_and_community_work|to draft a proposal for a second microgrants round]], including parameters (amount of money, source of funds, and selected recommendations from the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/File:OSMF_Microgrants_report_2020-21.odt final report] (.odt, 29 KB) by the [[Microgrants/Committee|microgrants committee]]) to be voted during the October board meeting. # ''Note: [[Microgrants/Policy_Framework|Previous microgrants framework]]''<br>
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Analysis_of_options_for_OSMF_relocation|to provide]] during the [[Board/Minutes/2021-10|October board meeting]] a list of countries that have responded to us with information which is worth examining, our realistic options and to start looking at whether the new board will want to move in 2022 out of the UK.''' <br> ''# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Analysis_of_options_for_OSMF_relocation|Analysis of options for OSMF relocation]].''
 
  +
''#2021-10-29 [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|decision to put a second round of Microgrants on hold]].''
| '''Mid-month board chat'''
 
  +
| Mid-month board chat
| '''OSMF relocation'''
 
  +
| [[Microgrants]]
 
|-
 
|-
| '''Jean-Marc'''
+
| Jean-Marc
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|2021-09]]'''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|2021-10-15]] ''(board chat)''
  +
|
| '''New'''
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Analysis_of_options_for_OSMF_relocation|to provide]] during the [[Board/Minutes/2021-10|October board meeting]] a list of countries that have responded to us with information which is worth examining, our realistic options and to start looking at whether the new board will want to move in 2022 out of the UK. <br> ''# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Analysis_of_options_for_OSMF_relocation|Analysis of options for OSMF relocation]].'' <br> ''# 2021-11-12 [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Options_for_OSMF_relocation_.2F_subsidiary|Discussed during November board chat]].
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|to seek feedback]] from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group|Local Chapters and Communities Working Group]] (LCCWG) regarding formalisation/clarification on commercial activities of [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] (LCs) (what is tolerated/expected/not welcome) and board expectations. Some issues already discussed in the working group.'''
 
  +
| Mid-month board chat
| '''Board meeting'''
 
  +
| OSMF relocation
| '''[[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]'''
 
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Jean-Marc</s>
+
| Jean-Marc
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|2021-05-14]]</s> ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|2021-09]]
  +
|
| '''Done'''
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|to seek feedback]] from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group|Local Chapters and Communities Working Group]] (LCCWG) regarding formalisation/clarification on commercial activities of [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] (LCs) (what is tolerated/expected/not welcome) and board expectations. Some issues already discussed in the working group.
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|to start recruitment]] for an [[osm:ID|iD]] developer.</s><br>
 
  +
| Board meeting
'' <s># 2021-08-27 In progress. Shortlist of candidates. Projected timeline: if everything goes well, mid-September/early October.''</s>
 
  +
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
''# [https://github.com/tyrasd Martin Raifer] was contracted.''
 
| <s>Board meeting</s>
 
| <s>[[osm:ID|iD]]</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| Jean-Marc
Line 254: Line 265:
 
| Membership
 
| Membership
 
|-
 
|-
| '''Mikel'''
+
| Mikel
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Attribution_guideline_messaging_and_enforcement|2021-10-15]]''' ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Questions_related_to_Operations_Working_Group_2022_plan|2021-10-29]]
  +
|
| '''New'''
 
  +
| to [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Questions_related_to_Operations_Working_Group_2022_plan|reach out]] to major donors and find out their preferred cycles to request donations and communicate with Guillaume.
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Attribution_guideline_messaging_and_enforcement|to set-up a meeting]] of Allan with Mapbox, either online or in person.'''
 
  +
| Meeting
| '''Mid-month board chat'''
 
  +
| Fundraising
| '''[[Licence/Attribution_Guidelines|Attribution guidelines]]'''
 
 
|-
 
|-
| '''Mikel'''
+
| <s>Mikel with Guillaume</s>
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Hiring_update|2021-10-15]]''' ''(board chat)''
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Hiring_update|2021-10-15]] ''(board chat)''</s>
| '''New'''
 
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Hiring_update|to set-up a meeting]] of Senior Site Reliability Engineer with TimelessTime, that Guillaume can join.'''
 
| '''Mid-month board chat'''
 
| '''Hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer'''
 
|-
 
| <s>Mikel</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08|2021-08-27]]</s>
 
 
| '''Done'''
 
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Hiring_update|to set-up a meeting]] of Senior Site Reliability Engineer with TimelessTime, that Guillaume can join.</s><br>
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08#Resourcing_options_for_openstreetmap-website_maintenance_and_development|to reach out]] to Andy Allan and Tom Hughes and get their perspective regarding resourcing options for openstreetmap-website maintenance and development. </s>
 
  +
'' # 2021-11 Work with Guillaume. There is now a draft contract and employee handbook. Some questions remain (i.e. regarding holidays).
| <s>Board meeting</s>
 
| <s>OSM website</s>
+
| <s>Mid-month board chat</s>
  +
| <s>Hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer</s>
|-
 
| <s>Mikel ''(taken up 2021-08-27. Was: Guillaume with Mikel)''</s>
 
| <s>2020-10</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/OSMF_fundraising#Action_items|to work on plan]] on how the money will be collected.</s><br>
 
<s>''# 2020-11 In progress.''</s><br>
 
<s>''# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.''</s><br>
 
''# 2021-09 Guillaume to talk with Hanna Krüger after the 2021-09 board meeting about money from FOSSGIS. Item to be removed.''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/OSMF_fundraising|OSMF fundraising]]</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel <s>''(taken up 2021-08-27. Was: Guillaume/Allan)''</s>
 
| Mikel <s>''(taken up 2021-08-27. Was: Guillaume/Allan)''</s>
Line 300: Line 295:
 
| www.osm.org
 
| www.osm.org
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel
+
| <s>Mikel</s>
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Request_by_Operations_Working_Group_to_cost_share_QGIS_tile_usage|2021-08-13]] ''(board chat)''
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Request_by_Operations_Working_Group_to_cost_share_QGIS_tile_usage|2021-08-13]]</s> ''(board chat)''
  +
| To be removed ''(2021-10-29 decision)''
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Request_by_Operations_Working_Group_to_cost_share_QGIS_tile_usage|to draft]] an outline of what we would ask [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/QGIS QGIS] for, questions for the [https://operations.osmfoundation.org/ Operations Working Group] and suggest the approach that the board recommends.<br>
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Request_by_Operations_Working_Group_to_cost_share_QGIS_tile_usage|to draft]] an outline of what we would ask [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/QGIS QGIS] for, questions for the [https://operations.osmfoundation.org/ Operations Working Group] and suggest the approach that the board recommends.<</s>br>
 
''# 2021-08-27 no progress.''
 
''# 2021-08-27 no progress.''
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]</s>
| [[osm:Tile|Tile]] usage by QGIS
+
| <s>[[osm:Tile|Tile]] usage by QGIS</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
Line 315: Line 310:
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
|-
 
| Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| to revitalise the [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]].
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
Line 345: Line 333:
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
|-
| '''Tobias '''
+
| Tobias
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_corporate_members.27_uneasiness|2021-10-15]]''' ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Editing_without_an_OSM_account|2021-11-12]] ''(board chat)''
  +
|
| '''New'''
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Editing_without_an_OSM_account|to email]] the [[Data_Working_Group| Data Working Group]] (DWG) and get their opinion on what policy they would recommend regarding tools/services which allow editing without an individual OSM account.
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_corporate_members.27_uneasiness|to have a motion ready]] to be voted by the board during the [[Board/Minutes/2021-10|October board meeting]]. The motion will mention that the next board must write the text for a special resolution regarding membership requirements, to be voted by the membership at a General Meeting that will take place during next Spring (Northern hemisphere) / Autumn (Southern hemisphere). ''' <br> ''# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Scheduling_a_general_meeting_for_Spring_.28northern_hemisphere.29_.2F_Autumn_.28southern_hemisphere.29_2022|Scheduling a general meeting for Spring (northern hemisphere) / Autumn (southern hemisphere) 2022]].''
 
| '''Mid-month board chat'''
+
| board chat
  +
| Editing OSM without an account
| '''Membership prerequisites'''
 
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| Tobias ''(was: Guillaume's. Taken over on 2021-11-26)''
| <s>Tobias, Amanda and Eugene</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10|2021-09-10]]</s> ''(board chat)''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Hiring_an_iD_developer|2021-09]]
  +
|
| Superseded by new action item above
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Hiring_an_iD_developer|to contact]] the second [[osm:ID|iD]] candidate, who was not selected, regarding his application outcome.
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10#Preparation_for_Annual_General_Meeting_and_election|to help]] the [[Membership_Working_Group|Membership Working Group]] (MWG) to formulate the resolution regarding membership prerequisites.</s><br> ''<s># 2021-09-24 Tobias and Amanda joined the MWG chat - no progress yet. Tobias intends to send a proposal.</s>'' <br> ''
 
| <s>Board meeting</s>
+
| Board meeting
  +
| Hiring an iD developer
| <s>Membership prerequisites</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>Tobias</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08|2021-08-27]]</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08#Updating_the_ban_policy|to ask]] the [[Data_Working_Group|Data Working Group]] to update the [[Ban_Policy|ban policy]].</s>
 
| <s>Board meeting</s>
 
| <s>[[Ban_Policy|Ban policy]]</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>Tobias</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Consider_updates_to_Board_Rules_of_Order_regarding_circulars|2021-08-13]]</s> ''(board chat)''
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#Consider_updates_to_Board_Rules_of_Order_regarding_circulars|to draft]] proposed changes to [[Board_Rules_of_Order|board rules of order]] regarding [[Board_Rules_of_Order#7._Circular_Resolutions|circulars]].</s> # ''2021-09 The board [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Board_Rules_of_Order_update_regarding_circulars|approved]] the suggested changes.''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|Mid-month board chat]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Board_Rules_of_Order|Board rules of order]]</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>Tobias</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#FOSS_policy_special_committee|2021-08-13]]</s> ''(board chat)''
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#FOSS_policy_special_committee|to talk]] with the [[FOSS_Policy_Special_Committee|FOSS policy special committee]] and ask them what they want to happen in the future.</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|mid-month board chat]]</s> <br> # 2021-10 On the board meeting agenda: [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Future_of_the_FOSS_Policy_Special_Committee|Future of the FOSS Policy Special Committee]]
 
| <s>Future of special committee</s>
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 14:20, 15 December 2021

The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and updates Source Related to
Board Set on 2021-01 for 2022-01 future agenda item to evaluate the Software dispute resolution panel for iD and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms. Board Software dispute resolution panel
Board 2021-12-11 New to choose a new board member with legal responsibility and in charge of EU relations for the EU transparency register. Action item after 2021 board election EU transparency register
Board 2021-10-29 Done to ask the Microgrants committee to work on formulating a refined proposal for the next round based on community feedback. In the meantime the board will work on budgeting and fundraising. Meeting Microgrants
Board 2021-04 to make sure to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the Articles of Association, as instructed by the membership (2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4).
# 2021-07 The board appointed Andy Allan and Michael Collinson to the special committee on takeover protection.
Takeover protection
Board 2021-08-13 (board chat) Updated to email the documents requested by St John's Innovation centre to Dorothea.

2021-11-26 Guillaume called St. John's Innovation centre but couldn't get hold of them.

mid-month board chat OSMF's registered office
Board 2021-08-13 (board chat) Superceded. To be removed. to look at the spreadsheet with the overview of recent correspondence to board related to move to the EU and update it if they have replied to someone but have not copied the response to the Gitlab ticket.

# 2021-11 Jean-Marc is looking at the correspondence received.

mid-month board chat OSMF relocation
Board (was: Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan. Change of ownership on 2021-11-26). 2020-10 Updated and on-hold (on-hold set on 2021-10-29) to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee.
# 2021-11-26 Mikel asked for his name to be removed and the issue to go back to the whole board.
S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Amanda 2021-10-15 (board chat) to ask our pro-bono lawyer about any restrictions for minors becoming OSMF members.
#2021-10-29 Lawyer is sick.
Mid-month board chat Becoming an OSMF member
Amanda 2021-09-10 (board chat) to write up the investigation done so far. mid-month board chat
Amanda 2020-03 HOT trademark grant
HOT trademark grant
# 2021-08 In progress
Amanda 2021-03-26 to add "Interim update from the LCCWG subcommittee" to the public board meeting agenda every two months.

# 2021-07 On the agenda.
# 2021-09 On the agenda.
# 2021-11 On the agenda.

Board meeting Moderation subcommittee
Amanda 2021-03 to upgrade all Local Chapters to current Local Chapter agreement.

# 2021-05 In progress
# 2021-08-27 In progress. Projected timeline: if everything goes well, mid-September/early October.

Local Chapters
Guillaume and Mikel 2021-11-26 New to come up with an outline of a plan regarding the Fundraising and Budget committee. Board meeting
Guillaume 2021-11-12 (board chat) to sketch a bare-bones budget for 2022 before the November 2021 public meeting. board chat Finances
Guillaume 2021-11-12 (board chat) to give a full treasurer's report in November public meeting: money and projection for 2022. board chat Finances
Guillaume 2021-10-29 Done to respond to the questions sent by the Operations Working Group (OWG). Email Operations
Guillaume 2021-10-29 to suggest to the Microgrants committee to have microgrants throughout the year instead of doing rounds. Meeting Microgrants
Guillaume 2021-05 to ask our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions. Board meeting Take-over protection
Guillaume 2020-10 and 2021-03-26 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner/CWG

Gunner has been a facilitator for some of the board annual meetings.

2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with Amanda 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
screen-to-screen 2020-10 Articles of association
Guillaume (with Jean-Marc, added on 2021-11-12) 2020-08-27 and restated on 2021-11-12 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Will also ask if it is possible to transfer the Contributor terms. Board meeting and board chat OSMF relocation
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Board meeting OSMF relocation
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage".
#2020-07: no action reported.
#2021-10-29: OWG will pay Google for the time being.

email FOSS policy
Jean-Marc with Mikel 2021-11-12 (board chat) to draft a short reply to MapUganda. board chat Local Chapter application
Jean-Marc and Amanda 2021-10-15 (board chat) On-hold to draft a proposal for a second microgrants round, including parameters (amount of money, source of funds, and selected recommendations from the final report (.odt, 29 KB) by the microgrants committee) to be voted during the October board meeting. # Note: Previous microgrants framework

#2021-10-29 decision to put a second round of Microgrants on hold.

Mid-month board chat Microgrants
Jean-Marc 2021-10-15 (board chat) to provide during the October board meeting a list of countries that have responded to us with information which is worth examining, our realistic options and to start looking at whether the new board will want to move in 2022 out of the UK.
# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: Analysis of options for OSMF relocation.
# 2021-11-12 Discussed during November board chat.
Mid-month board chat OSMF relocation
Jean-Marc 2021-09 to seek feedback from the Local Chapters and Communities Working Group (LCCWG) regarding formalisation/clarification on commercial activities of Local Chapters (LCs) (what is tolerated/expected/not welcome) and board expectations. Some issues already discussed in the working group. Board meeting Local Chapters
Jean-Marc 2021-05-14 (board chat) to work on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting.

# 2021-08-27 update

Board meeting Hiring a Senior site reliability engineer
Jean-Marc (was: Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias) 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea.
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter.
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.
# 2021-08-27 no progress.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
# 2021-02-12 one part done.
Board meeting Membership
Mikel 2021-10-29 to reach out to major donors and find out their preferred cycles to request donations and communicate with Guillaume. Meeting Fundraising
Mikel with Guillaume 2021-10-15 (board chat) Done to set-up a meeting of Senior Site Reliability Engineer with TimelessTime, that Guillaume can join.

# 2021-11 Work with Guillaume. There is now a draft contract and employee handbook. Some questions remain (i.e. regarding holidays).

Mid-month board chat Hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Mikel (taken up 2021-08-27. Was: Guillaume/Allan) 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Mikel 2021-07-30 to put something specific in writing regarding the maintenance of the OSM website. board meeting www.osm.org
Mikel 2021-08-13 (board chat) To be removed (2021-10-29 decision) to draft an outline of what we would ask QGIS for, questions for the Operations Working Group and suggest the approach that the board recommends.<br>

# 2021-08-27 no progress.

mid-month board chat Tile usage by QGIS
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it.
# 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".

# 2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019
Tobias 2021-11-12 (board chat) to email the Data Working Group (DWG) and get their opinion on what policy they would recommend regarding tools/services which allow editing without an individual OSM account. board chat Editing OSM without an account
Tobias (was: Guillaume's. Taken over on 2021-11-26) 2021-09 to contact the second iD candidate, who was not selected, regarding his application outcome. Board meeting Hiring an iD developer