Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Created page with "The list is sortable, collapsible and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete. <br> Items in <font color="blue">blue</font> are either new or have up...")
 
(Action item updates)
 
(36 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The list is sortable, collapsible and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete. <br> Items in <font color="blue">blue</font> are either new or have updates.
+
The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.
   
{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible sortable"
 
  +
*Items in bold are new ''(arose during ~ past month).''
! Name
 
  +
*Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month ''(board meeting or board chat)'', other than "in progress".
! Date
 
  +
! Action item and status
 
  +
{| class="wikitable sortable"
! Source
 
  +
!Name
! Related to
 
  +
!Date
  +
!Status
  +
!Action item and status
  +
!Source
  +
!Related to
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue"><s>Allan</s></font>
 
  +
| Board
| <font color="blue"><s>2020-05-06</s></font>
 
  +
| Set on [[Board/Minutes/2021-01|2021-01]] for 2022-01
| <font color="blue"><s>to inform the membership about these mid-month meetings</s></font> <br> <font color="blue"> ''# [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-May/006855.html Done].''</font>
 
  +
| future agenda item
| <font color="blue"><s>Meeting</s></font>
 
  +
| to evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms
| <font color="blue"><s>Transparency</s></font>
 
  +
| Board
  +
| [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software_dispute_resolution_panel#Mandate OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel]
 
|-
 
|-
| Allan
+
| Board
| 2020-03
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Takeover_protection|2021-04]]
| to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance
+
|
| S2S 2020
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Takeover_protection|to make sure]] to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the [[Articles_of_Association|Articles of Association]], as [[Annual_General_Meetings/2020/Suggested_resolutions|instructed by the membership]] ''(2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4)''.
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
+
|
  +
| Takeover protection
 
|-
 
|-
| Guillaume
 
  +
| <s>Allan</s>
| 2020-03
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14|2021-05-14]]</s>
| to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses)
 
  +
| '''List done.'''
| S2S 2020
 
  +
| <s>to [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Investigate_moving_OSMF_out_of_the_UK.2C_and_into_the_EU|create a list of requirements]] for creating an OSMF subsidiary e.g. 1) contributor term contracts must survive the transition, 2) not necessary to have a director in that country.</s> <br> ''2021-06: Done. General issue of moving OSMF out of the UK: work in progress''
| "Attribution"
 
  +
| <s>Meeting</s>
  +
| <s>Moving OSMF out of the UK</s>
 
|-
 
|-
| Guillaume/Allan
 
  +
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
| 2020-03
 
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Microgrants_-_what.27s_next.3F|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure
 
  +
| '''New and done'''
| S2S 2020
 
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Microgrants_-_what.27s_next.3F|to send]] note to the [[Microgrants/Committee|Microgrants committee]] and ask them to get all reports this month, get them on the OSM wiki and submit a final report and recommendations for any changes to the microgrants program.</s>'''
| Finance
 
  +
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>Microgrants</s>'''
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Guillaume</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Opensnowmap_trademark_licence_application|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| <font color="blue">to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for</font>
 
  +
| '''New and [[Board/Minutes/2021-07#2021.2FRes24_Approve_the_OpenSnowMap_trademark_grandfathering_application_and_direct_secretary_to_sign_it|done]]'''
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Opensnowmap_trademark_licence_application|to create]] a [[Board_Rules_of_Order#7._Circular_Resolutions|circular]] on the Opensnowmap trademark licence application.</s>''
| <font color="blue">S2S 2020</font> <font color="blue">[[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>Trademarks</s>'''
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Guillaume</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16##Request_by_some_Local_Chapters_to_have_their_boards_cc.27ed_on_Advisory_Board_and_other_OSMF_communications|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| <font color="blue"> to send out a circular to approve 2019 end of year accounts</font>
 
  +
| '''New and done'''
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16##Request_by_some_Local_Chapters_to_have_their_boards_cc.27ed_on_Advisory_Board_and_other_OSMF_communications|to contact]] the [[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]] about the suggestion by some [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] to have their boards cc'ed on Advisory Board and other OSMF communications.</s>''
| <font color="blue">Finances</font>
 
  +
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>[[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]]</s>'''
 
|-
 
|-
| Guillaume
 
  +
| Amanda
| 2020-03
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
| to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency
 
  +
| '''Updated'''
| S2S 2020
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03#Presentation_from_Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_moderation_subcommittee|to add]] "Interim update from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|LCCWG subcommittee]]" to the public board meeting agenda every two months. <br> ''# 2021-07 On the agenda.''
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
  +
| Meeting
  +
| [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|Moderation subcommittee]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
 
  +
| Amanda
| 2019-07
+
| 2021-03
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF. <br> ''# Guillaume is looking into it (2020-02). An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive. ''
+
|
| email
+
| to upgrade all [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] to current [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement|Local Chapter agreement]]. <br>
| FOSS policy
+
''# 2021-05 In progress''
  +
|
  +
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Joost and Rory</font>
 
  +
| Amanda
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
  +
| 2020-03
| <font color="blue">to come up at next board meeting with recommendation for microgrants committee regarding how open their meetings should be.</font>
 
  +
|
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
  +
| HOT trademark grant<br>
| <font color="blue">[[Microgrants|Microgrants]]</font>
 
  +
''# 2021-05 In progress''
  +
|
  +
|
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Joost</font>
 
  +
| Guillaume
| <font color="blue">2020-05-11</font>
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|2021-05]]
| <font color="blue">to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States| OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application]], after finalisation of the updated LC agreement.</font>
 
  +
|
| <font color="blue">email</font>
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|to ask]] our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions.
| <font color="blue">Local Chapters</font>
 
|-
 
| Joost<s>/Heather</s>
 
| 2019-10-16
 
| to work on a running document regarding [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook| Facebook attribution]].
 
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
| Facebook
 
  +
| Take-over protection
 
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
 
  +
| Guillaume
| 2018-12-28
 
  +
| 2020-10 and [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda| OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application]].<br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|
| email
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to send]] an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing.
| Local Chapters
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
 
  +
| Guillaume
| 2019-07-23
 
  +
| 2020-10
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Slovakia| FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|
| email
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to ask]] [[Working Groups]] (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers.
| Local Chapters
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
 
  +
| Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner ''(screen-to-screen facilitator)''/[[Communication Working Group]] (CWG)
| 2019-08-23
 
  +
| 2020-10
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Oceania| OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|
| email
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to announce ahead of time]] that we're going to look at a budget.
| Local Chapters
 
  +
| S2S 2020
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
 
  +
| Guillaume with Michelle ''(OSMF accountant)''
| 2019-09-19
 
  +
| 2020-10
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo| OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
 
  +
|
| email
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to consider breaking up]] [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map State of the Map] [numbers] by year.
| Local Chapters
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
 
  +
| Guillaume with Amanda
| 2020-01-20
+
| 2020-10
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo| Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application]]. <br> ''# In progress''.
+
|
| email
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association#Action_items|to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership]] to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.<br>''# Lawyer is sick.''
| Local Chapters
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
 
  +
| Guillaume with Mikel
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-10
| to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach
+
|
| S2S 2020
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/OSMF_fundraising#Action_items|to work on plan]] on how the money will be collected.<br>
| LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"
+
''# 2020-11 In progress.''<br>
  +
''# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.''
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/OSMF_fundraising|OSMF fundraising]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost
 
  +
| Guillaume/Allan
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-03
| to follow up on hiring policy
+
|
  +
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.
  +
''#2020-05 In progress.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
| "Hiring"
 
  +
| Finance
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
  +
| Guillaume
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to have a call]] with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution.
  +
| Meeting
 
|
 
|
| to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain
 
|email
 
| LWG
 
 
|-
 
|-
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
  +
| Guillaume
| 2019-06
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
| <s>to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under [http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/ ODbL] if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL. <br> ''# Related [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082653.html talk@ discussion]'' </s><br>'' [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook| The decision seems to be]] (2019-10) to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.''
 
  +
|
| email
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to check]] on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms.
| LWG
 
  +
| Meeting
  +
|
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Heather</s>
+
| <s>Guillaume</s>
| 2018-12-20
+
| <s>2020-03</s>
| to draft email to start off discussion on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk] mailing list about [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Start_developing_guidance_for_our_involvement_in_politics.2Factivism|developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism]]. <br> ''# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.
+
| Done - Will ping again
| meeting
+
| <s>to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.</s>
| Activism
+
<s>''#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.'' </s>
  +
  +
<s>''#2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).''</s>
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]</s>
  +
| <s>"[[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Taking_stock_of_governance_and_identifying_areas_for_improvement|Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement]]. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"</s>
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
 
  +
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
| 2019-05-18
+
| 2019-07
| to write Administrative Assistant's job description. <br>''# Possibly completed.''
+
|
| F2F 2019
+
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.
| Admin. Assistant
+
''#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.''<br>
  +
''#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''<br>
  +
''#2020-06-25: See "[[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Reportage|reportage]]".''<br>
  +
''#2020-07: no action reported.''
  +
| email
  +
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
+
| '''<s>Jean-Marc</s>'''
| 2018-12-20
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| [[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Review_of_the_etiquette_guidance|to write]] to the [[Data_Working_Group|Data Working Group]] to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them
+
| '''Done'''
| meeting
+
| '''<s>to talk to the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]].</s>'''
| DWG
+
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>Attribution guidelines</s>''
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
+
| '''<s>Jean-Marc</s>'''
| 2018-02-15
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Professor_Mocnik.27s_request_to_analyze_IP_addresses|2021-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
| to follow up with Grant about the [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist| technical workaround]] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
+
| '''New and done'''
| meeting
+
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Professor_Mocnik.27s_request_to_analyze_IP_addresses|to talk]] to professor Mocnik and enquire about work load for board members if they do the analysis and data aggregation.</s>'''
| OWG
+
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>Privacy - request to analyse IP addresses</s>''
 
|-
 
|-
| <s>Kate</s>
+
| <s>Jean-Marc</s>
| 2018-01-18
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|2021-06-11]] (board chat)</s>
| [[Board/Minutes/2018-01-18#Taking_a_stand| to update]] the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] and add a reporting plan
+
| '''Done''
| meeting
+
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|to email]] MapUganda regarding their [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapter]] application.</s>
| Communication
+
| <s>'Meeting</s>
  +
| <s>Local Chapters</s>
 
|-
 
|-
| <font color="blue">Mikel</font>
 
  +
| Jean-Marc
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|2021-05-14]] ''(board chat)''
| <font color="blue">to set-up call of board members with Facebook people</font>
 
  +
|
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|to start recruitment]] for an [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD] developer.<br>
| <font color="blue">Attribution</font>
 
  +
| Meeting
  +
| [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD]
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel
 
  +
| Jean-Marc
| 2020-03
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|2021-05-14]] ''(board chat)''
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]] and ask for next steps and recommendations
 
  +
|
| S2S 2020
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|to work]] on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting.
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
 
  +
| Meeting
  +
| Hiring a Senior site reliability engineer.
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias
+
| Jean-Marc (was: <s>Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias</s>)
 
| 2020-03
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|
  +
|
 
* Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
 
* Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
 
* Personnel committee:
 
* Personnel committee:
** structured way of working with Dorothea
+
** structured way of working with Dorothea.
** Concern about confidentiality /HR issues
+
** Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
** Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation
+
** Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.<br>
  +
''<nowiki>#</nowiki> 2020-09 [[Personnel_Committee/Charter| Draft Personnel Committee charter.]]''<br>''<nowiki>#</nowiki> [[Board/Minutes/2020-09#Personnel_committee|2020-09 Personnel commitee]].''<br>''<nowiki>#</nowiki> 2020-10 on agenda.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Hiring"
 
| "Hiring"
  +
|-
  +
|<s>Joost</s>
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Promotion_of_the_Active_Contributor_Membership_and_further_reform_of_the_membership|to draft]] a proposal regarding further reform of the membership. <br>''# 2021-02-12 one part done.''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| Membership
  +
|-
  +
| '''<s>Mikel</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Engineering_Working_Group|2021-06]]</s>'''
  +
| '''New and done'''
  +
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Engineering_Working_Group|to communicate]] with the [[Engineering_Working_Group|Engineering Working Group]] (EWG) regarding making revisions to their charter.</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>[[Engineering_Working_Group|Engineering Working Group]] restart</s>'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-10
| to talk to Tom at Mapbox about Guillaume’s suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses).
+
|
  +
| to write draft about [[Operations Working Group]] (OWG) and work with Paul. <br>''#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.''
  +
''# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it. # 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
| "Attribution"|"Attribution"
 
  +
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel
+
| <s>Mikel</s>
| 2020-01-30
+
| <s>2020-10</s>
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-01#Appointment_of_Board_Committees|to draft]] proposed changes to [[Board_Rules_of_Order|board rules of order]] and go back to the board
+
| '''Done'''
| meeting
+
| <s>to extend "donate time" project to companies.</s><br> ''# 2021-06: People from Microsoft working as interim [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD] maintainers. To be removed.''
| Rules of order
+
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]</s>
  +
|-
  +
| Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan
  +
| 2020-10
  +
|
  +
| to revitalise the [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]].
  +
| S2S 2020
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
| 2019-05-18
| to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services these changes] (related [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ blogpost]).
 
  +
|
''# Mikel plans (2020-02) to circulate to people in Ruby community''
 
  +
| to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services these changes] (related [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ blogpost]).
  +
''#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.''
  +
  +
''#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.''
  +
  +
''#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.''
  +
  +
''#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
 
| GDPR
 
| GDPR
 
|-
 
|-
| Mikel/Joost
+
| Mikel<s>/Joost</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
| 2019-05-18
| to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order"
 
  +
|
''# [[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
  +
| to document [[Working_Groups|Working Group]] practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".
  +
''#[[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02:]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
| WGs
 
  +
|
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
 
  +
| <s>Tobias</s>
| 2020-03
 
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Approve_and_publish_the_Attribution_Guidelines|2021-06]]</s>
| to find cases where things in OWG get done manually
 
  +
| '''Done'''
| S2S 2020
 
  +
| <s>to ask the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) to publish the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 adopted attribution guidelines].</s> ''# 2021-06 Done.''
| "Dialogue with OSM System Administrators"
 
  +
| <s>Meeting</s>
  +
| <s>Attribution guidelines</s>
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
 
  +
| '''Tobias'''
| 2020-03
 
  +
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]''' ''(board chat)''
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org
 
  +
| '''New'''
| S2S 2020
 
  +
| '''to ping Dermot McNally about the publication of the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 adopted attribution guidelines] by the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]].'''
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
 
  +
| '''Meeting'''
  +
| '''Attribution guidelines'''
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
 
  +
| '''Tobias'''
| 2019-06-19
 
  +
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]''' ''(board chat)''
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2019-06-19#Next_steps_on_pre-SotM_survey| to switch]] limesurvey plan to annual & expert</s>, transfer (limesurvey) ownership to OWG, billing to OSMF <s>and give access to Mikel, Joost and Dorothea</s>. <br> # ''The plan won't be changed for the time being.''
 
  +
| '''New'''
| meeting
 
  +
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|to update]] the OSM wiki after the guidelines are formally published.'''
| Surveys
 
  +
| '''Meeting'''
  +
| '''Attribution guidelines'''
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
 
  +
| <s>Tobias</s>
| 2018-05
 
  +
| <s>2020-10</s>
| to take feedback from the pre-F2F 2019 survey to developers that is about software.<br> ''# Might have been completed.''
 
  +
| '''Email sent'''
| F2F 2019
 
  +
| <s>to email the [[Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.</s><br>
| Survey
 
  +
''<s># email sent in 2020-12, LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.</s>''<br>
|-
 
  +
''<s># issue raised again in 2021-06</s>''
| Paul
 
  +
| <s>S2S 2020
| 2018-04-19
 
  +
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]</s>
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#FOSS_Policy| document]] the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF
 
| Meeting
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| 2016-10-28
 
| to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted. <br> '' # Was Peter's''
 
| Meeting
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
| Rory
 
| 2020-03
 
| to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts).
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
|-
 
| <font color="blue">Paul and Guillaume</font>
 
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
| <font color="blue">to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language</font>
 
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
| <font color="blue">Attribution</font>
 
|-
 
| <font color="blue"><s>Tobias</s></font>
 
| <font color="blue"><s>2020-05-06</s></font>
 
| <font color="blue"><s>to send hiring policy related email for membership consultation</s></font> <br> <font color="blue"> # [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-May/006816.html Done].</font>
 
| <font color="blue"><s>Meeting</s></font>
 
| <font color="blue"><s>S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]</s></font>
 
|-
 
| <font color="blue">Tobias</font>
 
| <font color="blue">2020-05-06</font>
 
| <font color="blue">to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on</font>
 
| <font color="blue">Meeting</font>
 
| <font color="blue">S2S 2020</font> <font color="blue">[[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]</font>
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| 2020-03
 
| to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| 2020-03
 
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Forum moderators, Wiki Admins
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 13:58, 29 July 2021

The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board Set on 2021-01 for 2022-01 future agenda item to evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms Board OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel
Board 2021-04 to make sure to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the Articles of Association, as instructed by the membership (2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4). Takeover protection
Allan 2021-05-14 List done. to create a list of requirements for creating an OSMF subsidiary e.g. 1) contributor term contracts must survive the transition, 2) not necessary to have a director in that country.
2021-06: Done. General issue of moving OSMF out of the UK: work in progress
Meeting Moving OSMF out of the UK
Amanda 2020-07-16 (board chat) New and done to send note to the Microgrants committee and ask them to get all reports this month, get them on the OSM wiki and submit a final report and recommendations for any changes to the microgrants program. Meeting Microgrants
Amanda 2020-07-16 (board chat) New and done 'to create a circular on the Opensnowmap trademark licence application. Meeting Trademarks
Amanda 2020-07-16 (board chat) New and done 'to contact the Advisory Board about the suggestion by some Local Chapters to have their boards cc'ed on Advisory Board and other OSMF communications. Meeting Advisory Board
Amanda 2021-03-26 Updated to add "Interim update from the LCCWG subcommittee" to the public board meeting agenda every two months.
# 2021-07 On the agenda.
Meeting Moderation subcommittee
Amanda 2021-03 to upgrade all Local Chapters to current Local Chapter agreement.

# 2021-05 In progress

Local Chapters
Amanda 2020-03 HOT trademark grant

# 2021-05 In progress

Guillaume 2021-05 to ask our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions. Meeting Take-over protection
Guillaume 2020-10 and 2021-03-26 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner (screen-to-screen facilitator)/Communication Working Group (CWG) 2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with Amanda 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
screen-to-screen 2020-10 Articles of association
Guillaume with Mikel 2020-10 to work on plan on how the money will be collected.

# 2020-11 In progress.
# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.

screen-to-screen 2020-10 OSMF fundraising
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-03 Done - Will ping again to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.

#2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).

screen-to-screen 2020-10 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage".
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Jean-Marc 2021-07-16 (board chat) Done to talk to the Licensing Working Group. Meeting 'Attribution guidelines
Jean-Marc 2021-07-16 (board chat) New and done to talk to professor Mocnik and enquire about work load for board members if they do the analysis and data aggregation. Meeting 'Privacy - request to analyse IP addresses
Jean-Marc 2021-06-11 (board chat) 'Done to email MapUganda regarding their Local Chapter application. 'Meeting Local Chapters
Jean-Marc 2021-05-14 (board chat) to start recruitment for an iD developer.
Meeting iD
Jean-Marc 2021-05-14 (board chat) to work on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting. Meeting Hiring a Senior site reliability engineer.
Jean-Marc (was: Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias) 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea.
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter.
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
# 2021-02-12 one part done.
Meeting Membership
Mikel 2021-06 New and done to communicate with the Engineering Working Group (EWG) regarding making revisions to their charter. Meeting Engineering Working Group restart
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it. # 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel 2020-10 Done to extend "donate time" project to companies.
# 2021-06: People from Microsoft working as interim iD maintainers. To be removed.
S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan 2020-10 to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee. S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019
Tobias 2021-06 Done to ask the Licensing Working Group (LWG) to publish the adopted attribution guidelines. # 2021-06 Done. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2021-07-16 (board chat) New to ping Dermot McNally about the publication of the adopted attribution guidelines by the Licensing Working Group. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2021-07-16 (board chat) New to update the OSM wiki after the guidelines are formally published. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2020-10 Email sent to email the Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.

# email sent in 2020-12, LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.
# issue raised again in 2021-06

S2S 2020 Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement