Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Action item updates)
(Board action items experimentally moved to the OSM wiki.)
Tag: Replaced
 
(18 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
Board action items experimentally moved to [[osm:Foundation/Board_action_items|the OSM wiki]] (2022-05).
The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.
 
 
*Items in bold are new ''(arose during ~ past month).''
 
*Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month ''(board meeting or board chat)'', other than "in progress".
 
 
{| class="wikitable sortable"
 
!Name
 
!Date
 
!Status
 
!Action item and status
 
!Source
 
!Related to
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| Set on [[Board/Minutes/2021-01|2021-01]] for 2022-01
 
| future agenda item
 
| to evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms
 
| Board
 
| [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software_dispute_resolution_panel#Mandate OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel]
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Takeover_protection|2021-04]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Takeover_protection|to make sure]] to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the [[Articles_of_Association|Articles of Association]], as [[Annual_General_Meetings/2020/Suggested_resolutions|instructed by the membership]] ''(2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4)''.
 
|
 
| Takeover protection
 
|-
 
| <s>Allan</s>
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14|2021-05-14]]</s>
 
| '''List done.'''
 
| <s>to [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Investigate_moving_OSMF_out_of_the_UK.2C_and_into_the_EU|create a list of requirements]] for creating an OSMF subsidiary e.g. 1) contributor term contracts must survive the transition, 2) not necessary to have a director in that country.</s> <br> ''2021-06: Done. General issue of moving OSMF out of the UK: work in progress''
 
| <s>Meeting</s>
 
| <s>Moving OSMF out of the UK</s>
 
|-
 
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Microgrants_-_what.27s_next.3F|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New and done'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Microgrants_-_what.27s_next.3F|to send]] note to the [[Microgrants/Committee|Microgrants committee]] and ask them to get all reports this month, get them on the OSM wiki and submit a final report and recommendations for any changes to the microgrants program.</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Microgrants</s>'''
 
|-
 
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Opensnowmap_trademark_licence_application|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New and [[Board/Minutes/2021-07#2021.2FRes24_Approve_the_OpenSnowMap_trademark_grandfathering_application_and_direct_secretary_to_sign_it|done]]'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Opensnowmap_trademark_licence_application|to create]] a [[Board_Rules_of_Order#7._Circular_Resolutions|circular]] on the Opensnowmap trademark licence application.</s>''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Trademarks</s>'''
 
|-
 
| '''<s>Amanda</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16##Request_by_some_Local_Chapters_to_have_their_boards_cc.27ed_on_Advisory_Board_and_other_OSMF_communications|2020-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New and done'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16##Request_by_some_Local_Chapters_to_have_their_boards_cc.27ed_on_Advisory_Board_and_other_OSMF_communications|to contact]] the [[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]] about the suggestion by some [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] to have their boards cc'ed on Advisory Board and other OSMF communications.</s>''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]]</s>'''
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
 
| '''Updated'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-03#Presentation_from_Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group_moderation_subcommittee|to add]] "Interim update from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|LCCWG subcommittee]]" to the public board meeting agenda every two months. <br> ''# 2021-07 On the agenda.''
 
| Meeting
 
| [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|Moderation subcommittee]]
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| 2021-03
 
|
 
| to upgrade all [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] to current [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement|Local Chapter agreement]]. <br>
 
''# 2021-05 In progress''
 
|
 
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
| HOT trademark grant<br>
 
''# 2021-05 In progress''
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|2021-05]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|to ask]] our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions.
 
| Meeting
 
| Take-over protection
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| 2020-10 and [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to send]] an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to ask]] [[Working Groups]] (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner ''(screen-to-screen facilitator)''/[[Communication Working Group]] (CWG)
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to announce ahead of time]] that we're going to look at a budget.
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume with Michelle ''(OSMF accountant)''
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to consider breaking up]] [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map State of the Map] [numbers] by year.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume with Amanda
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association#Action_items|to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership]] to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.<br>''# Lawyer is sick.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume with Mikel
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/OSMF_fundraising#Action_items|to work on plan]] on how the money will be collected.<br>
 
''# 2020-11 In progress.''<br>
 
''# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/OSMF_fundraising|OSMF fundraising]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume/Allan
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.
 
''#2020-05 In progress.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| Finance
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to have a call]] with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution.
 
| Meeting
 
|
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to check]] on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms.
 
| Meeting
 
|
 
|-
 
| <s>Guillaume</s>
 
| <s>2020-03</s>
 
| Done - Will ping again
 
| <s>to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.</s>
 
<s>''#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.'' </s>
 
 
<s>''#2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).''</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]</s>
 
| <s>"[[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Taking_stock_of_governance_and_identifying_areas_for_improvement|Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement]]. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"</s>
 
|-
 
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
 
| 2019-07
 
|
 
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.
 
''#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.''<br>
 
''#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''<br>
 
''#2020-06-25: See "[[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Reportage|reportage]]".''<br>
 
''#2020-07: no action reported.''
 
| email
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
| '''<s>Jean-Marc</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
 
| '''Done'''
 
| '''<s>to talk to the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]].</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Attribution guidelines</s>''
 
|-
 
| '''<s>Jean-Marc</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Professor_Mocnik.27s_request_to_analyze_IP_addresses|2021-07-16]]</s>''' ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New and done'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Professor_Mocnik.27s_request_to_analyze_IP_addresses|to talk]] to professor Mocnik and enquire about work load for board members if they do the analysis and data aggregation.</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Privacy - request to analyse IP addresses</s>''
 
|-
 
| <s>Jean-Marc</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|2021-06-11]] (board chat)</s>
 
| '''Done''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#MapUganda_local_chapter_application_-_current_status|to email]] MapUganda regarding their [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapter]] application.</s>
 
| <s>'Meeting</s>
 
| <s>Local Chapters</s>
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|2021-05-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#iD_next_steps|to start recruitment]] for an [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD] developer.<br>
 
| Meeting
 
| [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD]
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|2021-05-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05-14#Hiring_a_senior_site_reliability_engineer_-_status_update|to work]] on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting.
 
| Meeting
 
| Hiring a Senior site reliability engineer.
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc (was: <s>Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias</s>)
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|
 
* Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
 
* Personnel committee:
 
** structured way of working with Dorothea.
 
** Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
 
** Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.<br>
 
''<nowiki>#</nowiki> 2020-09 [[Personnel_Committee/Charter| Draft Personnel Committee charter.]]''<br>''<nowiki>#</nowiki> [[Board/Minutes/2020-09#Personnel_committee|2020-09 Personnel commitee]].''<br>''<nowiki>#</nowiki> 2020-10 on agenda.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Hiring"
 
|-
 
|<s>Joost</s>
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Promotion_of_the_Active_Contributor_Membership_and_further_reform_of_the_membership|to draft]] a proposal regarding further reform of the membership. <br>''# 2021-02-12 one part done.''
 
| Meeting
 
| Membership
 
|-
 
| '''<s>Mikel</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Engineering_Working_Group|2021-06]]</s>'''
 
| '''New and done'''
 
| '''<s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Engineering_Working_Group|to communicate]] with the [[Engineering_Working_Group|Engineering Working Group]] (EWG) regarding making revisions to their charter.</s>'''
 
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
 
| '''<s>[[Engineering_Working_Group|Engineering Working Group]] restart</s>'''
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| to write draft about [[Operations Working Group]] (OWG) and work with Paul. <br>''#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.''
 
''# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it. # 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
|-
 
| <s>Mikel</s>
 
| <s>2020-10</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>to extend "donate time" project to companies.</s><br> ''# 2021-06: People from Microsoft working as interim [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID iD] maintainers. To be removed.''
 
| <s>S2S 2020</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]</s>
 
|-
 
| Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| to revitalise the [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]].
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
 
|-
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
|
 
| to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services these changes] (related [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ blogpost]).
 
''#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.''
 
 
''#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.''
 
 
''#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.''
 
 
''#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| GDPR
 
|-
 
| Mikel<s>/Joost</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
|
 
| to document [[Working_Groups|Working Group]] practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".
 
''#[[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02:]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
| F2F 2019
 
|
 
|-
 
| <s>Tobias</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2021-06#Approve_and_publish_the_Attribution_Guidelines|2021-06]]</s>
 
| '''Done'''
 
| <s>to ask the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) to publish the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 adopted attribution guidelines].</s> ''# 2021-06 Done.''
 
| <s>Meeting</s>
 
| <s>Attribution guidelines</s>
 
|-
 
| '''Tobias'''
 
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]''' ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| '''to ping Dermot McNally about the publication of the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 adopted attribution guidelines] by the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]].'''
 
| '''Meeting'''
 
| '''Attribution guidelines'''
 
|-
 
| '''Tobias'''
 
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|2021-07-16]]''' ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| '''[[Board/Minutes/2021-07-16#Attribution_Guidelines_-_what.27s_next.3F|to update]] the OSM wiki after the guidelines are formally published.'''
 
| '''Meeting'''
 
| '''Attribution guidelines'''
 
|-
 
| <s>Tobias</s>
 
| <s>2020-10</s>
 
| '''Email sent'''
 
| <s>to email the [[Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.</s><br>
 
''<s># email sent in 2020-12, LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.</s>''<br>
 
''<s># issue raised again in 2021-06</s>''
 
| <s>S2S 2020
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]]</s>
 
|-
 
|}
 

Latest revision as of 19:11, 2 May 2022

Board action items experimentally moved to the OSM wiki (2022-05).