Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Removed action items that were completed (but not new) or marked for removal)
(new action items from 2020-07-16 board chat, updates and separation of items from past board members)
Line 6: Line 6:
 
! Name
 
! Name
 
! Date
 
! Date
!Status
+
! Status
 
! Action item and status
 
! Action item and status
 
! Source
 
! Source
 
! Related to
 
! Related to
 
|-
 
|-
|'''Board'''
+
| <s>'''Board'''</s>
|'''2020-05-21'''
+
| <s>'''2020-07-16 chat'''</s>
  +
|'''Done'''
|
 
  +
| <s>'''to ask Sarah to send amount for her proposal regarding Nominatim and ask Johan to send proposal regarding osm2pgsql [Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)]'''</s>
|'''to consult Working Groups on whether there should be a Conflict of Interest policy for WGs and committees and what changes have to be made to the board CoI policy to make it applicable to these groups.'''
 
|'''Meeting'''
+
| <s>'''Board chat'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''Funding of projects used in core infrastructure '''</s>
|'''Conflict of Interest'''
 
 
|-
 
|-
|'''Board'''
+
| <s>'''Board'''</s>
|'''2020-06-11 chat'''
+
| <s>'''2020-06-11 chat'''</s>
  +
| '''Done'''
|
 
|'''to look into a particular Microgrant application, after question from one of the Directors regarding the amount requested.'''
+
| <s>'''to look into a particular Microgrant application, after question from one of the Directors regarding the amount requested.
  +
''#2020-06-25 To be discussed during the meeting.'''''</s>
|'''Board chat'''
 
|'''[[Microgrants]]'''
+
| <s>'''Board chat'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''[[Microgrants]]'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
|'''Board'''
+
| <s>'''Board'''</s>
|'''2020-06-11 chat'''
+
| <s>'''2020-06-11 chat'''</s>
|'''Updated'''
+
| '''Done'''
|'''to send an email to the company acknowledging receipt of the Corporate Membership application and say we are looking into it.'''
+
| <s>'''to send an email to the company acknowledging receipt of the Corporate Membership application and say we are looking into it.'''</s>
'''''#2020-06: We sent an email acknowledging receipt. The Board also received an email from LWG afterwards.'''''
+
<s>'''''#2020-06: We sent an email acknowledging receipt. The Board also received an email from LWG afterwards.'''''</s>
|'''Board chat'''
+
| <s>'''Board chat'''</s>
|'''[[Board/Minutes/2020-06-11#Recent_corporate_member_application_.5Brequested_by_Tobias.5D|Recent Corporate Member application]]'''
+
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-06-11#Recent_corporate_member_application_.5Brequested_by_Tobias.5D|<s>'''Recent Corporate Member application'''</s>]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Allan
 
| Allan
 
| 2020-03
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|
| to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance
+
| to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.
''#2020-05: In progress''
+
''#2020-May & Jun: In progress''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
 
|-
 
|-
|Allan
+
| Allan
|2020-05
+
| 2020-05
  +
| Updated
|
 
|to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members.
+
| to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members.
  +
''#2020-06-25 In progress.''
|Meeting
 
  +
|Action items
 
  +
''#2020-07 Items from past board members moved to separate table.''
  +
| Meeting
  +
| Action items
  +
|-
  +
| '''<s>Guillaume</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>2020-05-21</s>'''
  +
| '''Done'''
  +
| '''<s>to relay the feedback we received from our pro-bono lawyer about the draft LC agreement to OSM US.</s>'''
  +
| '''<s>Meeting</s>'''
  +
|[[Local_Chapters|'''<s>Local Chapters</s>''']]
  +
|-
  +
| <s>'''Guillaume'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''2020-05-06'''</s>
  +
|'''[https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-July/006973.html Done]'''
  +
| <s>'''to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for.'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]'''</s>
  +
|-
  +
| <s>'''Guillaume'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''2020-03'''</s>
  +
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s>'''to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses).'''</s>
  +
''#2020-06: [[Advisory_Board/Minutes/2020-06-22|online meeting]] with four of the six Corporate Members of the Advisory Board about attribution.'''''</s>
  +
| <s>'''S2S 2020'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''"Attribution"'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| Guillaume
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-07-16 chat
 
|
 
|
  +
| to prepare a document explaining funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD) and ask for community feedback. ''[Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)]''
| to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses)
 
 
''#2020-05: In progress''
 
''#2020-05: In progress''
  +
| Meeting
| S2S 2020
 
  +
| Funding of projects used in core infrastructure
| "Attribution"
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume/Allan
 
| Guillaume/Allan
 
| 2020-03
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure
+
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.
 
''#2020-05: In progress''
 
''#2020-05: In progress''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| Finance
 
| Finance
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| 2020-05-06
 
|
 
| to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for
 
| Meeting
 
| S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| Guillaume
 
| 2020-03
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|
| to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency
+
| to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.
 
''#2020-06: In progress''
 
''#2020-06: In progress''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
Line 81: Line 100:
 
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
 
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
 
| 2019-07
 
| 2019-07
|Updated
+
| Updated
 
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.
 
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.
 
''#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.''
 
''#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.''
   
 
''#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''
 
''#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''
  +
  +
''#2020-06-25: See "[[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Reportage|reportage]]"''
 
| email
 
| email
 
| FOSS policy
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
|-
|'''Guillaume'''
+
| <s>'''Joost'''</s>
|'''2020-05-21'''
+
| <s>'''2020-03'''</s>
  +
| '''On LCCWG'''
|
 
  +
| <s>'''to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach.'''</s>
|'''to relay the feedback we received from our pro-bono lawyer about the draft LC agreement to OSM US'''
 
  +
<s>''#2020-05: Most of data collected. They will send the summaries to board soon and will also prepare anonymised versions of answers, to be sent to the board as well. Blogposts might be published on topics that consistently came up.'' </s>
|'''Meeting'''
 
  +
|[[Local_Chapters|'''Local Chapters''']]
 
  +
''#2020-06-25: In Clifford's action item list. Joost to send a reminder.''
  +
| <s>'''S2S 2020'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
|<s>'''Guillaume'''</s>
+
| <s>'''Joost (Taken up 2020-02)'''</s>
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
+
| <s>'''2019-07'''</s>
|'''Done'''
+
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s>'''to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain.'''</s>
|'''<s>[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Microgrants_update to contact] the CWG and enquire whether they are ok with OSMF opening a DeepL account, and give access to weeklyOSM, to CWG and to any other Working Group who asks.''''
 
  +
''#2020-05: They will give us the new name before announcing and they are doing some brainstorming.''
'''''#2020-06: [[Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes30_Approve_official_accounts_for_2019|Done]]'''''
 
  +
''#2020-06: The initial plan was to let us know the new name before SotM.
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
|<s>'''[[Microgrants]]'''</s>
+
| <s>''' email'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''LWG'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
|'''Joost'''
+
| Joost
|'''2020-06-11 chat'''
+
| 2020-06-25
  +
|
|'''Done'''
 
  +
| to consolidate feedback regarding the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Argentina| Argentina Local Chapter application]], have chat with Asociación Civil Geolibres (Argentina) and then come back to the
|'''to post on osmf-talk about one of the Microgrant observers report.'''
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-06|Meeting]]
'''''#2020-06: [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-June/006903.html Done]'''''
 
  +
| [[Local Chapters]]
|'''Board chat'''
 
|'''[[Microgrants]]'''
 
 
|-
 
|-
|<s>Joost and Rory</s>
+
| Joost
|<s>2020-05-06</s>
+
| 2020-05-11
  +
| Un-paused
|Updated
 
  +
| to process the[[Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States| OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application]], <s>after finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07 Done)</s>
|<s>to come up at next board meeting with recommendation for microgrants committee regarding how open their meetings should be.</s>
 
  +
<s>''#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement.</s> (2020-07: [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement |Update of LC Agreement]] finalised)''
''#2020-05: Joost emailed the board that he would open a call for observers unless someone objected. No one did. This item will be removed as no longer relevant.''
 
  +
| email
|<s>Meeting</s>
 
  +
| [[Local Chapters]]
|<s>[[Microgrants]]</s>
 
|-
 
|Joost
 
|2020-05-11
 
|
 
|to process the[[Local_Chapters/Applications/United_States| OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application]], after finalisation of the updated LC agreement.
 
''#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement.''
 
|email
 
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost<s>/Heather</s>
 
| Joost<s>/Heather</s>
 
| 2019-10-16
 
| 2019-10-16
  +
| On hold
|
 
 
| to work on a running document regarding [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|Facebook attribution]].
 
| to work on a running document regarding [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|Facebook attribution]].
 
''#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines''
 
''#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines''
Line 140: Line 156:
 
| 2018-12-28
 
| 2018-12-28
 
|
 
|
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda|OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application]]
+
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Uganda|OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application]].
''#2020-05: No news.''
+
''#2020-May & Jun: No news.''
 
| email
 
| email
 
|[[Local Chapters]]
 
|[[Local Chapters]]
Line 147: Line 163:
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
 
| 2019-07-23
 
| 2019-07-23
  +
|
|Updated
 
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Slovakia|FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application]].
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Slovakia|FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application]].
 
''#2020-05: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership''
 
''#2020-05: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership''
 
| email
 
| email
|[[Local Chapters]]
+
| [[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
 
| 2019-08-23
 
| 2019-08-23
  +
|
|Updated
 
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Oceania|OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application]].
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Oceania|OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application]].
 
''#2020-05: Rory done an extended local consultation. Will probably move to board and local community/membership consultation soon.''
 
''#2020-05: Rory done an extended local consultation. Will probably move to board and local community/membership consultation soon.''
  +
''#2020-06-25: Rory, Mikel and Dorothea offered to help.''
 
| email
 
| email
|[[Local Chapters]]
+
| [[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
 
| 2019-09-19
 
| 2019-09-19
  +
| On hold
|Updated
 
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo| OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application]].
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo| OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application]].
 
''#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.''
 
''#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.''
 
| email
 
| email
|[[Local Chapters]]
+
| [[Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost
 
| Joost
 
| 2020-01-20
 
| 2020-01-20
|Updated
+
| Updated
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo|Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application]].
 
| to process the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo|Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application]].
 
''#2020-05: New process, [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo draft application available on the OSM wiki for community feedback].''
 
''#2020-05: New process, [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Applications/Kosovo draft application available on the OSM wiki for community feedback].''
  +
  +
''#2020-06-25: Mikel to help.''
  +
''#2020-07: Dorothea emailed about 2019 financial report.''
 
| email
 
| email
|[[Local Chapters]]
+
| [[Local Chapters]]
|-
 
| Joost
 
| 2020-03
 
|Updated
 
| to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach
 
''#2020-05: Most of data collected. They will send the summaries to board soon and will also prepare anonymised versions of answers, to be sent to the board as well. Blogposts might be published on topics that consistently came up.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"
 
|-
 
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
|2019-07
 
|Updated
 
| to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain
 
''#2020-05: They will give us the new name before announcing and they are doing some brainstorming.''
 
|email
 
| LWG
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
| Joost (Taken up 2020-02)
 
| 2019-06
 
| 2019-06
 
|
 
|
|<s>to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under [http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/ ODbL] if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL.
+
| <s>to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under [http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/ ODbL] if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL.
 
''# Related [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082653.html talk@ discussion]'' </s>
 
''# Related [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082653.html talk@ discussion]'' </s>
 
''[[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|#2019-10: The decision seems to be]] to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.''
 
''[[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook|#2019-10: The decision seems to be]] to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.''
Line 202: Line 206:
 
| LWG
 
| LWG
 
|-
 
|-
  +
| Mikel
|<s>'''Joost'''</s>
 
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
+
| 2020-07-16 chat
|'''Done'''
 
|<s>'''[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Small_change_to_the_process_of_the_active_contributor_membership_program to create] a circular about approval of the active contributor membership program.'''</s>
 
'''''<nowiki>#</nowiki>2020-06: [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes26_Accept_the_Active_Contributor_Program_as_outlined_by_MWG Done].'''''
 
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
|<s>'''MWG'''</s>
 
|-
 
|<s>Heather</s>
 
| 2018-12-20
 
 
|
 
|
  +
| to write a companion document regarding funding iD and run it by the board and Quincy Morgan (iD dev).
| to draft email to start off discussion on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk] mailing list about [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Start_developing_guidance_for_our_involvement_in_politics.2Factivism|developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism]].
 
  +
| Meeting
''# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.''
 
| meeting
+
| iD
| Activism
 
|-
 
|<s>Kate</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
|
 
| to write Administrative Assistant's job description.
 
''# Possibly completed.''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| Admin. Assistant
 
|-
 
|<s>Kate</s>
 
| 2018-12-20
 
|
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Review_of_the_etiquette_guidance|to write]] to the [[Data Working Group]] to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them
 
| meeting
 
| DWG
 
|-
 
|<s>Kate</s>
 
| 2018-02-15
 
|
 
| to follow up with Grant about the [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist| technical workaround]] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
 
| meeting
 
| OWG
 
|-
 
|<s>Kate</s>
 
| 2018-01-18
 
|
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2018-01-18#Taking_a_stand|to update]] the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] and add a reporting plan
 
| meeting
 
| Communication
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| Mikel
 
| 2020-05-06
 
| 2020-05-06
  +
|
|Updated
 
| to set-up call of board members with Facebook people
+
| to set-up call of board members with Facebook people.
 
''#2020-05: Suggesting a call not just on attribution but on all sort of topics that came up with Facebook.''
 
''#2020-05: Suggesting a call not just on attribution but on all sort of topics that came up with Facebook.''
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
Line 258: Line 224:
 
| 2020-03
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from [[Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]] and ask for next steps and recommendations
+
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from [[Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]] and ask for next steps and recommendations.
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
Line 277: Line 243:
 
| 2020-01-30
 
| 2020-01-30
 
|
 
|
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-01#Appointment_of_Board_Committees|to draft]] proposed changes to [[Board_Rules_of_Order|board rules of order]] and go back to the board
+
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-01#Appointment_of_Board_Committees|to draft]] proposed changes to [[Board_Rules_of_Order|board rules of order]] and go back to the board.
 
''#2020-05: In progress.''
 
''#2020-05: In progress.''
 
| meeting
 
| meeting
Line 284: Line 250:
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) <s>(was: Frederik/Heather)</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
| 2019-05-18
  +
|
|Updated
 
 
| to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services these changes] (related [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ blogpost]).
 
| to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GDPR/Affected_Services these changes] (related [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2018/11/03/rfq-changes_to_rails_api_and_cgimap/ blogpost]).
''#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.''
+
''#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.''<br>
  +
''#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.''<br>
 
  +
''#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.''<br>
''#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.''
 
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
 
| GDPR
 
| GDPR
Line 295: Line 261:
 
| 2019-05-18
 
| 2019-05-18
 
|
 
|
| to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order"
+
| to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order".
 
''#[[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02:]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
''#[[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02:]] [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
| F2F 2019
 
| F2F 2019
 
| WGs
 
| WGs
 
|-
 
|-
| Paul
+
| Paul, Tobias and Guillaume
| 2020-03
+
| 2020-06-25
  +
|
|Updated
 
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Funding_for_OSM-related_projects|to draft a proposal]] for rebirth of [[Engineering_Working_Group|Engineering Working Group]] (EWG), to be looked at the next meeting.
| to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org
 
  +
| Meeting
  +
| EWG
  +
|-
  +
| <s>'''Paul'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''2020-03'''</s>
  +
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s>'''to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org.'''</s>
 
''#2020-05: Completed - Paul to double check as first email might have not been sent correctly.''
 
''#2020-05: Completed - Paul to double check as first email might have not been sent correctly.''
| S2S 2020
+
| <s>'''S2S 2020'''</s>
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
+
| <s>'''"Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| Paul
 
| 2018-04-19
 
| 2018-04-19
  +
|
|Updated
 
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#FOSS_Policy| document]] the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF
+
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#FOSS_Policy| document]] the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF.
''#2020-05: Help on this welcome.''
+
''#2020-05: Help on this is welcome.''
 
| Meeting
 
| Meeting
 
| FOSS policy
 
| FOSS policy
  +
|-
  +
| <s>'''Paul and Guillaume'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''2020-05-06'''</s>
  +
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s>'''to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language.'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
  +
| <s>'''Attribution'''</s>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Rory
 
| Rory
Line 323: Line 303:
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
|-
 
|-
|<s>'''Rory'''</s>
+
| <s>'''Tobias'''</s>
|<s>'''2020-06-11 board chat'''</s>
+
| <s>'''2020-05-06'''</s>
  +
| '''[[Hiring_Framework|Done]]''' ''([https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Hiring_Framework&oldid=7393 link to version])''
|'''Done'''
 
  +
| <s>'''to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on.'''</s>
|<s>'''Rory to draft a reply to [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-June/006864.html Michael's email] about "Cesium OSM Buildings" and circulate it to the board.'''</s>
 
  +
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
'''<nowiki>#</nowiki>2020-06: [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-June/006914.html Done].'''
 
  +
| <s>'''S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]'''</s>
|<s>'''Board chat'''</s>
 
|[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes29_Grant_Cesium_permission_to_use_our_trademark_in_their_product_.E2.80.9CCesium_OSM_Buildings.E2.80.9C 2020/Res 29] "Grant Cesium permission to use our trademark in their product “Cesium OSM Buildings“"
 
 
|-
 
|-
|<s>'''Rory & Tobias'''</s>
+
| <s>'''Tobias'''</s>
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
+
| <s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
|'''Done'''
+
| '''Done'''
  +
| <s>'''to consult Working Groups on whether there should be a Conflict of Interest policy for WGs and committees and what changes have to be made to the board CoI policy to make it applicable to these groups.'''</s>
|<s>'''[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Investigation_of_fee_waivers_for_full_membership to check] with our Corporate Counsel whether the fee can be waived for normal memberships.'''</s>
 
'''<nowiki>#</nowiki>2020-06: Done.'''
+
''#2020-06-25: Taken up by Tobias.''
  +
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
  +
''#2020-07: Feedback is being collected.''
|<s>'''MWG'''</s>
 
  +
| <s>'''Meeting'''</s>
|-
 
  +
| <s>'''Conflict of Interest'''</s>
| Paul and Guillaume
 
| 2020-05-06
 
|
 
| to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language.
 
''#2020-05: In progress. Aiming to have the updated text ready at/before the next board meeting. Input used from all consultations (including SotM2019 and SotM-US 2019), not just mailing lists.''
 
| Meeting
 
| Attribution
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| Tobias
| 2020-05-06
+
| 2020-03
 
|
 
|
  +
| to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving.
| to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on
 
''#2020-05: In progress.''
 
| Meeting
 
| S2S 2020 [[Board/Minutes/2020-03-F2F#Hiring_.28Joost.2C_Paul.2C_Rory.2C_Tobias.29|"Hiring"]]
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| 2020-03
 
|Updated
 
| to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving
 
 
''#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda.''
 
''#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| S2S 2020
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
| "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
 
|-
 
|-
  +
|}
|<s>'''Tobias'''</s>
 
  +
|<s>'''2020-05-21'''</s>
 
  +
=== Action items from past board members ===
|'''Done'''
 
  +
|'''<s>[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-05#Licence_for_standard_style_tiles to create] a circular resolution on licensing the osm.org "standard" style tiles on ODbL 1.0 "Produced Work" terms</s>'''
 
  +
{| class="wikitable sortable"
'''''#2020-06: [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2020-06#2020.2FRes27_Adopt_LWG_recommendation_for_standard_style_tile_license Done].'''''
 
  +
! Name of past board member
|<s>'''Meeting'''</s>
 
  +
! Date
|<s>'''LWG'''</s>
 
  +
!Status
  +
! Action item and status
  +
! Source
  +
! Related to
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Heather</s>
  +
| 2018-12-20
  +
|
  +
| to draft email to start off discussion on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk] mailing list about [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Start_developing_guidance_for_our_involvement_in_politics.2Factivism|developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism]].
  +
''# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.''
  +
| meeting
  +
| Activism
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Kate</s>
  +
| 2019-05-18
  +
|
  +
| to write Administrative Assistant's job description.
  +
''# Possibly completed.''
  +
| F2F 2019
  +
| Admin. Assistant
  +
|-
  +
|<s>Kate</s>
  +
| 2018-12-20
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Review_of_the_etiquette_guidance|to write]] to the [[Data Working Group]] to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them.
  +
| meeting
  +
| DWG
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Kate</s>
  +
| 2018-02-15
  +
|
  +
| to follow up with Grant about the [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist| technical workaround]] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
  +
| meeting
  +
| OWG
  +
|-
  +
| <s>Kate</s>
  +
| 2018-01-18
  +
|
  +
| [[Board/Minutes/2018-01-18#Taking_a_stand|to update]] the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] and add a reporting plan.
  +
| meeting
  +
| Communication
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 14:02, 30 July 2020

The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board 2020-07-16 chat Done to ask Sarah to send amount for her proposal regarding Nominatim and ask Johan to send proposal regarding osm2pgsql [Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)] Board chat Funding of projects used in core infrastructure
Board 2020-06-11 chat Done to look into a particular Microgrant application, after question from one of the Directors regarding the amount requested.

#2020-06-25 To be discussed during the meeting.

Board chat Microgrants
Board 2020-06-11 chat Done to send an email to the company acknowledging receipt of the Corporate Membership application and say we are looking into it.

#2020-06: We sent an email acknowledging receipt. The Board also received an email from LWG afterwards.

Board chat Recent Corporate Member application
Allan 2020-03 to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.

#2020-May & Jun: In progress

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Allan 2020-05 Updated to work with Dorothea and clean the Action Item list, particularly items belonging to past board members.

#2020-06-25 In progress.

#2020-07 Items from past board members moved to separate table.

Meeting Action items
Guillaume 2020-05-21 Done to relay the feedback we received from our pro-bono lawyer about the draft LC agreement to OSM US. Meeting Local Chapters
Guillaume 2020-05-06 Done to send out proposal for sysadmin one week after the email on hiring framework goes out for membership consultation, highlighting that it is something the sysadmins have asked for. Meeting S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Guillaume 2020-03 Done to ask opinions from AB members on his suggested attribution solution (attribution always on and collapses).

#2020-06: online meeting with four of the six Corporate Members of the Advisory Board about attribution.

S2S 2020 "Attribution"
Guillaume 2020-07-16 chat to prepare a document explaining funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD) and ask for community feedback. [Topic: Funding of projects used in core infrastructure (Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch, iD)]

#2020-05: In progress

Meeting Funding of projects used in core infrastructure
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05: In progress

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020-06: In progress

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 Updated to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.

#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.

#2020-06-25: See "reportage"

email FOSS policy
Joost 2020-03 On LCCWG to ask LCC WG for timeline on their outreach.

#2020-05: Most of data collected. They will send the summaries to board soon and will also prepare anonymised versions of answers, to be sent to the board as well. Blogposts might be published on topics that consistently came up.

#2020-06-25: In Clifford's action item list. Joost to send a reminder.

S2S 2020 LCCWG - "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Better understanding and community disposition on board"
Joost (Taken up 2020-02) 2019-07 Done to follow up on the OpenStreetCam domain.

#2020-05: They will give us the new name before announcing and they are doing some brainstorming. #2020-06: The initial plan was to let us know the new name before SotM.

email LWG
Joost 2020-06-25 to consolidate feedback regarding the Argentina Local Chapter application, have chat with Asociación Civil Geolibres (Argentina) and then come back to the Meeting Local Chapters
Joost 2020-05-11 Un-paused to process the OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application, after finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07 Done)

#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07: Update of LC Agreement finalised)

email Local Chapters
Joost/Heather 2019-10-16 On hold to work on a running document regarding Facebook attribution.

#2020-05: On hold till the update of the attribution guidelines

Meeting Facebook
Joost 2018-12-28 to process the OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application.

#2020-May & Jun: No news.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-07-23 to process the FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-08-23 to process the OSGeo Oceania Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: Rory done an extended local consultation. Will probably move to board and local community/membership consultation soon. #2020-06-25: Rory, Mikel and Dorothea offered to help.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-09-19 On hold to process the OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2020-01-20 Updated to process the Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: New process, draft application available on the OSM wiki for community feedback.

#2020-06-25: Mikel to help. #2020-07: Dorothea emailed about 2019 financial report.

email Local Chapters
Joost (Taken up 2020-02) 2019-06 to decide on next steps regarding the request from a contributor to notify Facebook and remove their rights under ODbL if the violation is not fixed after 30 days of notice, as written on ODbL.

# Related talk@ discussion #2019-10: The decision seems to be to work on a running document (questions/opportunities/decisions to be made) and contact Facebook afterwards with a list of questions.

email LWG
Mikel 2020-07-16 chat to write a companion document regarding funding iD and run it by the board and Quincy Morgan (iD dev). Meeting iD
Mikel 2020-05-06 to set-up call of board members with Facebook people.

#2020-05: Suggesting a call not just on attribution but on all sort of topics that came up with Facebook.

Meeting Attribution
Mikel 2020-03 to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee and ask for next steps and recommendations. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation
S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Mikel 2020-01-30 to draft proposed changes to board rules of order and go back to the board.

#2020-05: In progress.

meeting Rules of order
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.
#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.
#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 WGs
Paul, Tobias and Guillaume 2020-06-25 to draft a proposal for rebirth of Engineering Working Group (EWG), to be looked at the next meeting. Meeting EWG
Paul 2020-03 Done to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from DWG, mailing list moderators, help.osm.org.

#2020-05: Completed - Paul to double check as first email might have not been sent correctly.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community"
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF.

#2020-05: Help on this is welcome.

Meeting FOSS policy
Paul and Guillaume 2020-05-06 Done to schedule a board session to go through the community's objections on the LWG proposed attribution guidelines and come up with new language. Meeting Attribution
Rory 2020-03 to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts). S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Tobias 2020-05-06 Done (link to version) to create first draft on hiring policy that the board will comment on. Meeting S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Tobias 2020-05-21 Done to consult Working Groups on whether there should be a Conflict of Interest policy for WGs and committees and what changes have to be made to the board CoI policy to make it applicable to these groups.

#2020-06-25: Taken up by Tobias.

#2020-07: Feedback is being collected.

Meeting Conflict of Interest
Tobias 2020-03 to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving.

#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"

Action items from past board members

Name of past board member Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Heather 2018-12-20 to draft email to start off discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism.

# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.

meeting Activism
Kate 2019-05-18 to write Administrative Assistant's job description.

# Possibly completed.

F2F 2019 Admin. Assistant
Kate 2018-12-20 to write to the Data Working Group to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them. meeting DWG
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website. meeting OWG
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan. meeting Communication