Difference between revisions of "Board/Action Items"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(+ 2022-04-14 action items and updates)
(Board action items experimentally moved to the OSM wiki.)
Tag: Replaced
 
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
Board action items experimentally moved to [[osm:Foundation/Board_action_items|the OSM wiki]] (2022-05).
The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.
 
 
* '''New''': Action item arose during ~ past month.
 
* '''Updated''': Action item had an update during past month ''(mentioned during a board meeting or board chat)'', other than "in progress".
 
 
{| class="wikitable sortable"
 
!Name
 
!Date
 
!Status
 
!Action item and updates
 
!Source
 
!Related to
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| Set on [[Board/Minutes/2022-03|2022-03-24]] for 2022-10. ''(Initially set on [[Board/Minutes/2021-01|2021-01]] for 2022-01)''
 
|
 
| to evaluate the [[osm:Software_dispute_resolution_panel|Software dispute resolution panel]] for [[osm:ID|iD]] and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms.</s> <br>
 
''# 2022-01 On the [[Board/Minutes/2022-01#Software_dispute_resolution_panel_for_iD|agenda]].''<br>
 
''# 2022-02 On the [[Board/Minutes/2022-02#Software_dispute_resolution_panel_for_iD|agenda]].''<br>
 
''# 2022-03 On the [[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Software_dispute_resolution_panel_for_iD|agenda]]. Decision to keep the current composition of the committee and discuss again on 2022-10.''
 
| Board
 
| [[osm:Software dispute resolution panel|Software dispute resolution panel]]
 
|-
 
| Board ''<s>(was: "Amanda")</s>''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to ask the [[StateoftheMap_Organizing_Committee|State of the Map organising committee]] what they think about the idea of restricting State of the Map presentations for big attribution violators. ''[Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy]''
 
 
''# 2022-03-30 Ownership changed, as Amanda self-reported that she has a [[Conflict_of_Interest_Policy|conflict of interest]].''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| Attribution
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
| '''Updated'''
 
| to turn the "must" goals of the [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Goal_list|goal list]] into action items at the [[Board/Minutes/2022-03|March board meeting]].
 
 
''# [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Screen-to-screen_follow-up_tasks:_Turn_the_identified_goals_into_action_items|2022-04-14]] Board members to look at the list individually and suggest action items asynchronously. ''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
|
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to rework [[Join_as_a_corporate_member#Membership_levels|Corporate Membership tiers]] ''[Session: Fundraising]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| [[Corporate_Members|Corporate Members]]
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to make up a table with ''(date, board member, local chapter/other interest group/communication channel)'' where we keep track whether the people on the respective channel have heard of us or not. ''[Session: Board communication]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| Board communication
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| 2021-12-11
 
|
 
| to choose a new board member with legal responsibility and in charge of EU relations for the [[EU_Transparency_Register|EU transparency register]].
 
| Action item after 2021 board election
 
| [[EU_Transparency_Register|EU transparency register]]
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Takeover_protection|2021-04]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#Takeover_protection|to make sure]] to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the [[Articles_of_Association|Articles of Association]], as [[Annual_General_Meetings/2020/Suggested_resolutions|instructed by the membership]] ''(2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4)''. <br>
 
''# 2021-07 The board [[Board/Minutes/2021-07# 2021.2FRes23_To_appoint_Andy_Allan_and_Michael_Collinson_to_special_committee_on_takeover_protection|appointed]] Andy Allan and Michael Collinson to the [[Special_Committee_on_Takeover_Protection|special committee on takeover protection]].''
 
|
 
| Takeover protection
 
|-
 
| Board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#St_John.27s_Innovation_centre_request_for_documents|2021-08-13]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13#St_John.27s_Innovation_centre_request_for_documents|to email]] the documents requested by St John's Innovation centre to Dorothea.<br>
 
''# 2021-11-26 Guillaume called St. John's Innovation centre but couldn't get hold of them.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-08-13|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| OSMF's registered office
 
|-
 
| Board ''(was: Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan. Change of ownership on 2021-11-26).''
 
| 2020-10
 
| On-hold
 
| to revitalise the [[Diversity_and_Inclusion_Special_Committee|Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee]].<br>
 
 
''# 2021-10-29 decision to put this item on hold''.<br>''# 2021-11-26 Mikel asked for his name to be removed and the issue to go back to the whole board.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Wrap-up_session|Wrap-up session]]
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Suggested_moderation_team_members|2022-03-24]]
 
| '''Updated'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Suggested_moderation_team_members|to contact]] the suggested members of the moderation team and schedule a meeting of the board with them in order to get to know them. Will also ask them to write a paragraph about themselves.
 
 
''# [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Moderation_team_candidates|2022-04-24]] The proposed members of the moderation team has been contacted, and the board has received [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#On_responses_of_the_moderation_team_candidates|some replies]].
 
| Board meeting
 
| Moderation team for [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/ talk] and [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/ osmf-talk] mailing lists
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to remind [[Advisory_Board| Advisory Board]] (AB) members about the attribution guidelines during the next Advisory Board meeting. ''[Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| Attribution
 
|-
 
| <s>Amanda</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]</s>
 
| '''Completed'''
 
| <s>to start the process on a [[Board_Rules_of_Order#7._Circular_Resolutions|circular resolution]] to disallow board members with conflicts of interest from starting a [[Board_Rules_of_Order#7._Circular_Resolutions|circular resolution]]/motion on a topic. ''[Session: Conflicts of Interest]''</s>
 
 
''# [[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Updates_to_Board_Conflict_of_Interest_Policy|2022-03-24]] The board [[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Vote|voted]] on changes to the [[Conflict_of_Interest_Policy|board Conflict of Interest policy]] during the 2022-03-24 board meeting.
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Conflict_of_Interest_Policy|board Conflict of Interest policy]]</s>
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to write about early mistakes in OSM to demonstrate that OSM Board members are flawed humans. ''[Session: Board member candidates mentoring]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
|
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| might work on requiring board members to stand early for board elections. ''[Session: Board member candidates mentoring]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
|
 
|-
 
| <s>Amanda</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-02-10#Contributions_without_individual_OSM_accounts|2022-02-10]] ''(board chat)''</s>
 
|'''Completed'''.
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-02-10#Contributions_without_individual_OSM_accounts|to schedule]] the next Advisory Board meeting.</s>
 
 
''[[Advisory_Board| Advisory Board]] meeting on [https://osmcal.org/event/1315/ Tuesday 26 April 2022, at 13:00 UTC], open to OSMF members.
 
| <s>Mid-month board chat</s>
 
| <s>[[Advisory_Board| Advisory Board]]</s>
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Any_restrictions_for_minors_becoming_OSMF_members.3F|2021-10-15]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Any_restrictions_for_minors_becoming_OSMF_members.3F|to ask our pro-bono lawyer]] about any restrictions for minors becoming OSMF members.
 
 
''# 2021-10-29 Lawyer is sick.''
 
| Mid-month board chat
 
| Becoming an OSMF member
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10|2021-09-10]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10#Preparation_for_Annual_General_Meeting_and_election|to write up]] the investigation done so far.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09-10|mid-month board chat]]
 
|
 
|-
 
| Amanda
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
| HOT trademark agreement<br>
 
 
''# 2021-08 In progress''<br> ''# 2022-03 Guillaume to meet Tyler Radford (end of March) and report back to the board.''
 
|
 
| HOT trademark agreement
 
|-
 
| Eugene
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Action_item_5|to contact]] local mappers regarding the [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Windsor-Essex_Ontario_Canada|Windsor Hackforge Local Chapter application]] and update the board Gitlab ticket.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Windsor_Hackforge_Local_Chapter_application|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Windsor-Essex_Ontario_Canada|Windsor Hackforge Local Chapter application]]
 
|-
 
| Eugene
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-10#Windsor_Hackforge|2022-02-10]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-10#Windsor_Hackforge|to talk]] to the Windsor-Essex Hackerspace regarding their [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Windsor-Essex_Ontario_Canada|local chapter application]].
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-10#|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Windsor-Essex_Ontario_Canada|Windsor Hackforge Local Chapter application]]
 
|-
 
| Eugene with help by Amanda ''(was: "Amanda". Change of ownership on [[Board/Minutes/2022-03|2022-03-24]])''
 
| 2021-03
 
|
 
| to upgrade all [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] to current [[Local_Chapters/Template_agreement|Local Chapter agreement]]. <br>
 
''# 2021-05 In progress''<br>
 
''# 2021-08-27 In progress. Projected timeline: if everything goes well, mid-September/early October.''<br>
 
''# [[Board/Minutes/2022-03|2022-03-24]] Change of ownership from Amanda to Eugene.''
 
|
 
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Action_item|to set up]] online meetings with Roland about accounts' access.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Bank_account_access_details_and_financial_updates|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| Finances
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Triodos_bank|to inform]] Triodos bank about the new Treasurer.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Bank_account_access_details_and_financial_updates|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| Finances
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Action_items|to talk]] with Maggie Cawley ''([[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group/Moderation_Subcommittee|LCCWG moderation subcommittee]])'' and ask her to share the full list of people who have applied to be moderators.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Moderation_team_candidates|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| Moderation team for [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/ talk] and [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/ osmf-talk] mailing lists
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Action_items|to talk]] with Allan Mustard and ask for advice regarding the suggested moderation team.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Moderation_team_candidates|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| Moderation team for [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/ talk] and [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/ osmf-talk] mailing lists
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''
 
| '''New'''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Action_item_4|to send]] the draft email about the [[Board/Minutes/2022-04#2022/Res11_Cancel_plans_for_a_general_meeting_in_April|cancellation of the General Meeting on 30 April 2022]] and membership prerequisites to the membership.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Membership_prerequisites_–_send_email_to_membership|Mid-month board chat]]
 
| [[Annual_General_Meetings/2020/Suggested_resolutions#Vote_3:_Work_on_membership_prerequisites|Membership prerequisites]]
 
|-
 
| <s>Guillaume</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-03#HOT_draft_trademark_agreement|2022-03-24]]</s>
 
| '''New and completed'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-03#HOT_draft_trademark_agreement| to update]] the board after his meeting with Tyler Radford ''([[osm:Humanitarian_OSM_Team|Humanitarian OSM Team]])'' on 2022-03-30.</s>
 
| <s>Board meeting</s>
 
| <s>HOT trademark</s>
 
|-
 
| <s>Guillaume</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Senior_Site_Reliability_Engineer|2022-03-24]]</s>
 
| '''New and completed'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Senior_Site_Reliability_Engineer|to ask]] the future Senior Site Reliability Engineer ''(SSRE)'' to write a short introduction for the [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/ OSM blog].</s>
 
| <s>Board meeting</s>
 
| <s>SSRE</s>
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to bring the attribution topic up at the introductory meeting with Angelina Calderon, new Facebook [[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]] representative [next week]. ''[Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| Attribution
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to arrange a meeting with Robert Kaye of MusicBrainz and the board about their experience with copyright enforcement. ''[Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy]''
 
 
''# 2022-03-24 Guillaume had a short chat but a date for a longer discussion has not been set yet.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| Attribution
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to upload the contract of SSRE ''(senior site reliability engineer)'' on the board wiki and notify the board
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| SSRE
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to check with the [[Licensing_Working_Group| Licensing Working Group]] on updating the copyright page. ''[Session: De-bottlenecking the board]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| [https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright Copyright page]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume, Mikel and Roland
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to attend AspirationTech seminar on fundraising.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| Fundraising
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Engineering_Working_Group_budget_and_administrative_assistance|2021-11-12]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Engineering_Working_Group_budget_and_administrative_assistance|to sketch]] a bare-bones budget for 2022 before the November 2021 public meeting.
 
| board chat
 
| Finances<
 
|-
 
| Guillaume and Mikel
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11#Treasurer.27s_report|2021-11-26]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-11#Treasurer.27s_report|to come up]] with an outline of a plan regarding the Fundraising and Budget committee.
 
| Board meeting
 
|
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|2021-10-29]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|to suggest]] to the [[Microgrants/Committee|Microgrants committee]] to have microgrants throughout the year instead of doing rounds.
 
| Meeting
 
| [[Microgrants|Microgrants]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|2021-05]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update|to ask]] our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions.
 
| Board meeting
 
| Take-over protection
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| 2020-10 and [[Board/Minutes/2021-03|2021-03-26]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to send]] an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to ask]] [[Working Groups]] (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume with Michelle ''(OSMF accountant)''
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget#Action_items|to consider breaking up]] [[osm:State_of_the_Map|State of the Map]] [numbers] by year.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/2021_budget| 2021 budget]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume with Amanda
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association#Action_items|to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership]] to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.<br>''# Lawyer is sick.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen 2020-10]]
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Articles_of_Association| Articles of association]]
 
|-
 
| Guillaume (with Jean-Marc, added on 2021-11-12)
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]] and restated on [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Options_for_OSMF_relocation_.2F_subsidiary|2021-11-12]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to have a call]] with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Will also ask if it is possible to transfer the Contributor terms.
 
| Board meeting and board chat
 
| OSMF relocation
 
|-
 
| Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Brexit_planning_and_action|to check]] on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms.
 
| Board meeting
 
| OSMF relocation
 
|-
 
| Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)
 
| 2019-07
 
|
 
| to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.
 
''# 2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.''<br>
 
''# 2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.''<br>
 
''# 2020-06-25: See "[[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Reportage|reportage]]".''<br>
 
''# 2020-07: no action reported.''<br>
 
''# 2021-10-29: OWG will pay Google for the time being.''
 
| email
 
| FOSS policy
 
|-
 
| <s>Jean-Marc</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''</s>
 
| '''New and completed'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Action_item_3|to split]] the draft "OpenStreetMap Foundation [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapter]] acceptability guidelines" to create a proposal for a formal policy.
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#On_draft_"OpenStreetMap_Foundation_Local_Chapter_acceptability_guidelines"|Mid-month board chat]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]</s>
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to write up a proposal for the [[Local_Chapters/FAQ#What_are_the_minimum_requirements_for_a_Chapter?|minimum local chapter criteria]] before the [[Board/Minutes/2022-03|March 24 board meeting]]. Will be supported by Eugene. ''[Session: Local Chapter minimum criteria (including formalisation/clarification on commercial activities)]''
 
 
''# 2022-03-24 Jean-Marc has written a draft. Suggestion to incorporate information from the draft local chapter handbook in the process of approving local chapters and the work related to minimum local chapter criteria.''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| [[Local_Chapters| Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to report to the board on 3rd of March 2022, on the outcome of discussion with Guillaume about moving OSMF out of UK.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| OSMF relocation
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc and Amanda
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_technical_work_and_community_work|2021-10-15]] ''(board chat)''
 
| On-hold
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#On_technical_work_and_community_work|to draft a proposal for a second microgrants round]], including parameters (amount of money, source of funds, and selected recommendations from the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/File:OSMF_Microgrants_report_2020-21.odt final report] (.odt, 29 KB) by the [[Microgrants/Committee|microgrants committee]]) to be voted during the October board meeting.
 
 
''# Note: [[Microgrants/Policy_Framework|Previous microgrants framework]]''<br>
 
''# 2021-10-29 [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Microgrants_-_next_round|decision to put a second round of Microgrants on hold]].''
 
| Mid-month board chat
 
| [[Microgrants]]
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|2021-10-15]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10-15#Analysis_of_options_for_OSMF_relocation|to provide]] during the [[Board/Minutes/2021-10|October board meeting]] a list of countries that have responded to us with information which is worth examining, our realistic options and to start looking at whether the new board will want to move in 2022 out of the UK.
 
 
''# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Analysis_of_options_for_OSMF_relocation|Analysis of options for OSMF relocation]].''<br>
 
''# 2021-11-12 [[Board/Minutes/2021-11-12#Options_for_OSMF_relocation_.2F_subsidiary|Discussed during November board chat]].''<br>
 
''# 2022-03-24 Jean-Marc has created a list of European countries with reasons for exclusion.''
 
| Mid-month board chat
 
| OSMF relocation
 
|-
 
| Jean-Marc
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|2021-09]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#MapUganda_Local_Chapter_application|to seek feedback]] from the [[Local_Chapters_and_Communities_Working_Group|Local Chapters and Communities Working Group]] (LCCWG) regarding formalisation/clarification on commercial activities of [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]] (LCs) (what is tolerated/expected/not welcome) and board expectations. Some issues already discussed in the working group.
 
| Board meeting
 
| [[Local_Chapters|Local Chapters]]
 
|-
 
|<s>Joost</s>
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08|2020-08-27]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2020-08#Promotion_of_the_Active_Contributor_Membership_and_further_reform_of_the_membership|to draft]] a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
 
 
''# 2021-02-12 one part done.''
 
| Board meeting
 
| Membership
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Questions_related_to_Operations_Working_Group_2022_plan|2021-10-29]]
 
|
 
| to [[Board/Minutes/2021-10#Questions_related_to_Operations_Working_Group_2022_plan|reach out]] to major donors and find out their preferred cycles to request donations and communicate with Guillaume.
 
| Meeting
 
| Fundraising
 
|-
 
| Mikel <s>''(taken up 2021-08-27. Was: Guillaume/Allan)''</s>
 
| 2020-03
 
|
 
| to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.
 
''# 2020-05 In progress.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
| Finance
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| 2020-10
 
|
 
| to write draft about [[Operations Working Group]] (OWG) and work with Paul. <br>''# 2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to [[Communication_Working_Group|CWG]].''
 
''# 2020-11 Asked to join [[Communication_Working_Group|CWG]] to work on it.''<br> ''# 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.''
 
| S2S 2020
 
|[[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Improving_member_and_volunteer_recruiting| Improving member and volunteer recruiting]]
 
|-
 
| Mikel<s>/Joost</s>
 
| 2019-05-18
 
|
 
| to document [[Working_Groups|Working Group]] practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".
 
''# [[Board/Minutes/2020-02|2020-02]]: [[Board/Minutes/2020-02#Working Groups Survey .26 .22rules of order.22: next steps.3F|Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.]]''
 
| F2F 2019
 
|
 
|-
 
| Roland
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to clean the [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Goal_list|goal list]] from the 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting and share it at the next board meeting.
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
|
 
|-
 
| Roland
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to get the budget committee up and running. ''[Session: Budget]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| Budget
 
|-
 
| Roland
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to make inventory of the existing accounts and survey the sysadmins who have access. ''[Session: Mitigating bus factors]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
|
 
|-
 
| <s>Tobias</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14|2022-04-14]] ''(board chat)''</s>
 
| '''New and completed'''
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#Action_item_2|to contact]] [https://www.openstreetmap.at/ OpenStreetMap Austria] and: </s>
 
* <s>invite them to the [[Board/Minutes/2022-04#OSM_Austria_Local_Chapter_application|April board meeting]], where there will be a vote on their [[Local_Chapters/Applications/Austria|Local Chapter application]].</s>
 
* <s>ask them to do a community presentation during the May board meeting.</s>
 
* <s>ask them whether they prefer the signing of the local chapter agreement, if the application is approved, to take place during an event in Austria or during [[osm:SotM_2022|State of the Map 2022]].</s>
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-04-14#OSM_Austria_Local_Chapter_application|Mid-month board chat]]</s>
 
| <s>[[Local_Chapters/Applications/Austria|OSM Austria Local Chapter application]]</s>
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Contributions_without_individual_OSM_accounts|2022-03-24]]
 
|
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-03#Contributions_without_individual_OSM_accounts|to ask]] Microsoft to share their new MapBuilder implementation proposal with the whole board.
 
| Board meeting
 
|-
 
| Tobias with Guillaume
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to decide on the wording of the email to the membership about the membership prerequisites by the 3rd of March. ''[Session: Membership prerequisites]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
| [[Annual_General_Meetings/2020/Suggested_resolutions#Vote_3:_Work_on_membership_prerequisites|Membership prerequisites]]
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S|2022-02-26 and 27]]
 
|
 
| to check with the [[Membership_Working_Group|Membership Working Group]] about opt-in to pseudonymous membership lists during OSMF signup. ''See: [[Board/Minutes/2020-11#On_publishing_pseudonymous_membership_lists|On publishing pseudonymous membership lists]] [Session: De-bottlenecking the board]''
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting]]
 
|
 
|-
 
| Tobias
 
| [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-10#Software_dispute_resolution_panel_for_iD_editor|2022-02-10]] ''(board chat)''
 
|
 
| <s>[[Board/Minutes/2022-02-10#Decision_and_action_item|to start]] the public consultation of</s> to update the membership about the status of the [[osm:Software_dispute_resolution_panel|software dispute resolution panel]].
 
| Mid-month board chat
 
| Software dispute resolution panel
 
|-
 
|}
 

Latest revision as of 19:11, 2 May 2022

Board action items experimentally moved to the OSM wiki (2022-05).