Board/Action Items

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board
Revision as of 16:34, 22 April 2022 by Dorothea (talk | contribs) (+ 2022-04-14 action items and updates)

The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • New: Action item arose during ~ past month.
  • Updated: Action item had an update during past month (mentioned during a board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and updates Source Related to
Board Set on 2022-03-24 for 2022-10. (Initially set on 2021-01 for 2022-01) to evaluate the Software dispute resolution panel for iD and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms.

# 2022-01 On the agenda.
# 2022-02 On the agenda.
# 2022-03 On the agenda. Decision to keep the current composition of the committee and discuss again on 2022-10.

Board Software dispute resolution panel
Board (was: "Amanda") 2022-02-26 and 27 to ask the State of the Map organising committee what they think about the idea of restricting State of the Map presentations for big attribution violators. [Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy]

# 2022-03-30 Ownership changed, as Amanda self-reported that she has a conflict of interest.

2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Attribution
Board 2022-02-26 and 27 Updated to turn the "must" goals of the goal list into action items at the March board meeting.

# 2022-04-14 Board members to look at the list individually and suggest action items asynchronously.

2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting
Board 2022-02-26 and 27 to rework Corporate Membership tiers [Session: Fundraising] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Corporate Members
Board 2022-02-26 and 27 to make up a table with (date, board member, local chapter/other interest group/communication channel) where we keep track whether the people on the respective channel have heard of us or not. [Session: Board communication] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Board communication
Board 2021-12-11 to choose a new board member with legal responsibility and in charge of EU relations for the EU transparency register. Action item after 2021 board election EU transparency register
Board 2021-04 to make sure to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the Articles of Association, as instructed by the membership (2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4).

# 2021-07 The board appointed Andy Allan and Michael Collinson to the special committee on takeover protection.

Takeover protection
Board 2021-08-13 (board chat) to email the documents requested by St John's Innovation centre to Dorothea.

# 2021-11-26 Guillaume called St. John's Innovation centre but couldn't get hold of them.

Mid-month board chat OSMF's registered office
Board (was: Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan. Change of ownership on 2021-11-26). 2020-10 On-hold to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee.

# 2021-10-29 decision to put this item on hold.
# 2021-11-26 Mikel asked for his name to be removed and the issue to go back to the whole board.

S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Amanda 2022-03-24 Updated to contact the suggested members of the moderation team and schedule a meeting of the board with them in order to get to know them. Will also ask them to write a paragraph about themselves.

# 2022-04-24 The proposed members of the moderation team has been contacted, and the board has received some replies.

Board meeting Moderation team for talk and osmf-talk mailing lists
Amanda 2022-02-26 and 27 to remind Advisory Board (AB) members about the attribution guidelines during the next Advisory Board meeting. [Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Attribution
Amanda 2022-02-26 and 27 Completed to start the process on a circular resolution to disallow board members with conflicts of interest from starting a circular resolution/motion on a topic. [Session: Conflicts of Interest]

# 2022-03-24 The board voted on changes to the board Conflict of Interest policy during the 2022-03-24 board meeting.

2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting board Conflict of Interest policy
Amanda 2022-02-26 and 27 to write about early mistakes in OSM to demonstrate that OSM Board members are flawed humans. [Session: Board member candidates mentoring] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting
Amanda 2022-02-26 and 27 might work on requiring board members to stand early for board elections. [Session: Board member candidates mentoring] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting
Amanda 2022-02-10 (board chat) Completed. to schedule the next Advisory Board meeting.

Advisory Board meeting on Tuesday 26 April 2022, at 13:00 UTC, open to OSMF members.

Mid-month board chat Advisory Board
Amanda 2021-10-15 (board chat) to ask our pro-bono lawyer about any restrictions for minors becoming OSMF members.

# 2021-10-29 Lawyer is sick.

Mid-month board chat Becoming an OSMF member
Amanda 2021-09-10 (board chat) to write up the investigation done so far. mid-month board chat
Amanda 2020-03 HOT trademark agreement

# 2021-08 In progress
# 2022-03 Guillaume to meet Tyler Radford (end of March) and report back to the board.

HOT trademark agreement
Eugene 2022-04-14 (board chat) New to contact local mappers regarding the Windsor Hackforge Local Chapter application and update the board Gitlab ticket. Mid-month board chat Windsor Hackforge Local Chapter application
Eugene 2022-02-10 (board chat) to talk to the Windsor-Essex Hackerspace regarding their local chapter application. Mid-month board chat Windsor Hackforge Local Chapter application
Eugene with help by Amanda (was: "Amanda". Change of ownership on 2022-03-24) 2021-03 to upgrade all Local Chapters to current Local Chapter agreement.

# 2021-05 In progress
# 2021-08-27 In progress. Projected timeline: if everything goes well, mid-September/early October.
# 2022-03-24 Change of ownership from Amanda to Eugene.

Local Chapters
Guillaume 2022-04-14 (board chat) New to set up online meetings with Roland about accounts' access. Mid-month board chat Finances
Guillaume 2022-04-14 (board chat) New to inform Triodos bank about the new Treasurer. Mid-month board chat Finances
Guillaume 2022-04-14 (board chat) New to talk with Maggie Cawley (LCCWG moderation subcommittee) and ask her to share the full list of people who have applied to be moderators. Mid-month board chat Moderation team for talk and osmf-talk mailing lists
Guillaume 2022-04-14 (board chat) New to talk with Allan Mustard and ask for advice regarding the suggested moderation team. Mid-month board chat Moderation team for talk and osmf-talk mailing lists
Guillaume 2022-04-14 (board chat) New to send the draft email about the cancellation of the General Meeting on 30 April 2022 and membership prerequisites to the membership. Mid-month board chat Membership prerequisites
Guillaume 2022-03-24 New and completed to update the board after his meeting with Tyler Radford (Humanitarian OSM Team) on 2022-03-30. Board meeting HOT trademark
Guillaume 2022-03-24 New and completed to ask the future Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SSRE) to write a short introduction for the OSM blog. Board meeting SSRE
Guillaume 2022-02-26 and 27 to bring the attribution topic up at the introductory meeting with Angelina Calderon, new Facebook Advisory Board representative [next week]. [Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Attribution
Guillaume 2022-02-26 and 27 to arrange a meeting with Robert Kaye of MusicBrainz and the board about their experience with copyright enforcement. [Session: Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy]

# 2022-03-24 Guillaume had a short chat but a date for a longer discussion has not been set yet.

2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Attribution
Guillaume 2022-02-26 and 27 to upload the contract of SSRE (senior site reliability engineer) on the board wiki and notify the board 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting SSRE
Guillaume 2022-02-26 and 27 to check with the Licensing Working Group on updating the copyright page. [Session: De-bottlenecking the board] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Copyright page
Guillaume, Mikel and Roland 2022-02-26 and 27 to attend AspirationTech seminar on fundraising. 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Fundraising
Guillaume 2021-11-12 (board chat) to sketch a bare-bones budget for 2022 before the November 2021 public meeting. board chat Finances<
Guillaume and Mikel 2021-11-26 to come up with an outline of a plan regarding the Fundraising and Budget committee. Board meeting
Guillaume 2021-10-29 to suggest to the Microgrants committee to have microgrants throughout the year instead of doing rounds. Meeting Microgrants
Guillaume 2021-05 to ask our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions. Board meeting Take-over protection
Guillaume 2020-10 and 2021-03-26 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with Amanda 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
screen-to-screen 2020-10 Articles of association
Guillaume (with Jean-Marc, added on 2021-11-12) 2020-08-27 and restated on 2021-11-12 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Will also ask if it is possible to transfer the Contributor terms. Board meeting and board chat OSMF relocation
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Board meeting OSMF relocation
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

# 2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
# 2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
# 2020-06-25: See "reportage".
# 2020-07: no action reported.
# 2021-10-29: OWG will pay Google for the time being.

email FOSS policy
Jean-Marc 2022-04-14 (board chat) New and completed to split the draft "OpenStreetMap Foundation Local Chapter acceptability guidelines" to create a proposal for a formal policy. Mid-month board chat Local Chapters
Jean-Marc 2022-02-26 and 27 to write up a proposal for the minimum local chapter criteria before the March 24 board meeting. Will be supported by Eugene. [Session: Local Chapter minimum criteria (including formalisation/clarification on commercial activities)]

# 2022-03-24 Jean-Marc has written a draft. Suggestion to incorporate information from the draft local chapter handbook in the process of approving local chapters and the work related to minimum local chapter criteria.

2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Local Chapters
Jean-Marc 2022-02-26 and 27 to report to the board on 3rd of March 2022, on the outcome of discussion with Guillaume about moving OSMF out of UK. 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting OSMF relocation
Jean-Marc and Amanda 2021-10-15 (board chat) On-hold to draft a proposal for a second microgrants round, including parameters (amount of money, source of funds, and selected recommendations from the final report (.odt, 29 KB) by the microgrants committee) to be voted during the October board meeting.

# Note: Previous microgrants framework
# 2021-10-29 decision to put a second round of Microgrants on hold.

Mid-month board chat Microgrants
Jean-Marc 2021-10-15 (board chat) to provide during the October board meeting a list of countries that have responded to us with information which is worth examining, our realistic options and to start looking at whether the new board will want to move in 2022 out of the UK.

# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: Analysis of options for OSMF relocation.
# 2021-11-12 Discussed during November board chat.
# 2022-03-24 Jean-Marc has created a list of European countries with reasons for exclusion.

Mid-month board chat OSMF relocation
Jean-Marc 2021-09 to seek feedback from the Local Chapters and Communities Working Group (LCCWG) regarding formalisation/clarification on commercial activities of Local Chapters (LCs) (what is tolerated/expected/not welcome) and board expectations. Some issues already discussed in the working group. Board meeting Local Chapters
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.

# 2021-02-12 one part done.

Board meeting Membership
Mikel 2021-10-29 to reach out to major donors and find out their preferred cycles to request donations and communicate with Guillaume. Meeting Fundraising
Mikel (taken up 2021-08-27. Was: Guillaume/Allan) 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

# 2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
# 2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it.
# 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".

# 2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019
Roland 2022-02-26 and 27 to clean the goal list from the 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting and share it at the next board meeting. 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting
Roland 2022-02-26 and 27 to get the budget committee up and running. [Session: Budget] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Budget
Roland 2022-02-26 and 27 to make inventory of the existing accounts and survey the sysadmins who have access. [Session: Mitigating bus factors] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting
Tobias 2022-04-14 (board chat) New and completed to contact OpenStreetMap Austria and:
  • invite them to the April board meeting, where there will be a vote on their Local Chapter application.
  • ask them to do a community presentation during the May board meeting.
  • ask them whether they prefer the signing of the local chapter agreement, if the application is approved, to take place during an event in Austria or during State of the Map 2022.
Mid-month board chat OSM Austria Local Chapter application
Tobias 2022-03-24 to ask Microsoft to share their new MapBuilder implementation proposal with the whole board. Board meeting
Tobias with Guillaume 2022-02-26 and 27 to decide on the wording of the email to the membership about the membership prerequisites by the 3rd of March. [Session: Membership prerequisites] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting Membership prerequisites
Tobias 2022-02-26 and 27 to check with the Membership Working Group about opt-in to pseudonymous membership lists during OSMF signup. See: On publishing pseudonymous membership lists [Session: De-bottlenecking the board] 2022-02 screen-to-screen meeting
Tobias 2022-02-10 (board chat) to start the public consultation of to update the membership about the status of the software dispute resolution panel. Mid-month board chat Software dispute resolution panel