Board/Action Items

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board
Revision as of 14:59, 24 September 2020 by Dorothea (talk | contribs) (Removed action item)

The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Allan 2020-03 Updated to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.

#2020-May,Jun,Jul: In progress. One good conversation.
#2020-Aug: In contact with Gunner.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05: In progress

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress. #2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage"
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Joost 2020-08-27 Done to communicate result of infrastructure circular. Meeting
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership. Meeting Membership
Joost 2020-05-11 Updated to process the OpenStreetMap United States Local Chapter application, after finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07 Done)#2020-05: On hold till finalisation of the updated LC agreement. (2020-07: Update of LC Agreement finalised). Application sent for membership and local consultation. #2020-09 Voting during September meeting. email Local Chapters
Joost 2018-12-28 to process the OpenStreetMap Uganda Local Chapter application.

#2020-May & Jun: No news.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-07-23 to process the FreeMap Slovakia Local Chapter application.

#2020 May & Jul: Almost ready for final review by board and local community/membership

email Local Chapters
Joost 2019-09-19 On hold to process the OpenStreetMap RDC Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: They need to do some things first. It's in their backlog.

email Local Chapters
Joost 2020-01-20 Updated to process the Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova Local Chapter application.

#2020-05: New process, draft application available on the OSM wiki for community feedback.
#2020-06-25: Mikel to help. #2020-07: Dorothea emailed about 2019 financial report.
#2020-09 voting during September meeting.

email Local Chapters
Mikel 2020-03 to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee and ask for next steps and recommendations. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."

#2020-07: No action to report.

Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias 2020-03 Updated
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community. #2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM. #2020-06-25: Will start fresh. #2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document working group practices, draft WG “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 WGs
Paul 2018-04-19 Updated to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF.

#2020-05: Help on this is welcome. #2020-08: To be sent to FOSS committee.

Meeting FOSS policy
Rory 2020-03 Updated to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts). #2020-08: Reached to DWG. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Tobias 2020-03 Updated to keep the takeover/AoA change topic moving.

#2020-05: 3 related topics added to the 2020-05 agenda. 2020-07: Suggestion for the board to take the initiative on the membership pre-requisites. MWG probably had a first draft, help is welcome. #2020-08 and 2020-09 Topic on the agenda.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"