Board/Action Items

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board
Revision as of 17:42, 26 August 2021 by Amanda (talk | contribs) (+2 action items from me)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and updates Source Related to
Board Set on 2021-01 for 2022-01 future agenda item to evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms Board OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel
Board 2021-04 Updated to make sure to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the Articles of Association, as instructed by the membership (2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4).
# 2021-07 The board appointed Andy Allan and Michael Collinson to special committee on takeover protection.
Takeover protection
Board 2021-08-13 (board chat) New to email the documents requested by St John's Innovation centre to Dorothea. mid-month board chat OSMF's registered office
Board 2021-08-13 (board chat) New to look at the spreadsheet with the overview of recent correspondence to board related to move to the EU and update it if they have replied to someone but have not copied the response to the Gitlab ticket. mid-month board chat OSMF relocation
Allan 2021-08-13 (board chat) New to look at the information collected so far and come up in the next weeks with suggestions for board on next steps. mid-month board chat OSMF relocation
Amanda 2021-08-13 (board chat) Done to contact the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) board and say that the OSMF has not forgotten about the HOT trademark grant. mid-month board chat Trademark policy
Amanda 2020-03 HOT trademark grant

# 2021-08 In progress

Amanda 2021-08-13 (board chat) Done to email the Licensing Working Group (LWG) if they need the board to decide something regarding the OSM website Terms of Use. mid-month board chat OSM website Terms of Use
Amanda 2021-03-26 to add "Interim update from the LCCWG subcommittee" to the public board meeting agenda every two months.
# 2021-07 On the agenda.
Meeting Moderation subcommittee
Amanda 2021-03 to upgrade all Local Chapters to current Local Chapter agreement.

# 2021-05 In progress

Local Chapters
Guillaume 2021-05 to ask our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions. Meeting Take-over protection
Guillaume 2020-10 and 2021-03-26 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner/CWG

Gunner has been a facilitator for some of the board annual meetings.

2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. screen-to-screen 2020-10 2021 budget
Guillaume with Amanda 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
screen-to-screen 2020-10 Articles of association
Guillaume with Mikel 2020-10 to work on plan on how the money will be collected.

# 2020-11 In progress.
# 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.

screen-to-screen 2020-10 OSMF fundraising
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage".
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Jean-Marc 2021-05-14 (board chat) to start recruitment for an iD developer.
Meeting iD
Jean-Marc 2021-05-14 (board chat) to work on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting. Meeting Hiring a Senior site reliability engineer.
Jean-Marc (was: Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias) 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea.
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter.
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
# 2021-02-12 one part done.
Meeting Membership
Mikel 2021-07-30 New to put something specific in writing regarding the maintenance of the OSM website. board meeting www.osm.org
Mikel 2021-08-13 (board chat) New to draft an outline of what we would ask QGIS for, questions for the Operations Working Group and suggest the approach that the board recommends. mid-month board chat 'Tile usage by QGIS
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it. # 2021-06: Timing a bit strange due to recent Fastly outage. They did a good work on recovery and transparency about the issue.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan 2020-10 to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee. S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019
Tobias 2021-08-13 (board chat) New to draft proposed changes to board rules of order regarding circulars. mid-month board chat Board rules of order]]
Tobias 2021-08-13 (board chat) New to remind the Membership Working Group about the pending proposal regarding membership prerequisites and set a deadline. mid-month board chat OSMF membership
Tobias 2021-08-13 (board chat) New to talk with the FOSS policy special committee and ask them what they want to happen in the future. mid-month board chat Future of special committee
Tobias 2021-07-16 (board chat) Done to ping Dermot McNally about the publication of the adopted attribution guidelines by the Licensing Working Group. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2021-07-16 (board chat) to update the OSM wiki after the attribution guidelines are formally published. Meeting Attribution guidelines
Tobias 2020-10 Email sent to email the Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.

# email sent in 2020-12, LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.
# issue raised again in 2021-06

S2S 2020 Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement
Amanda 2021-08 In Progress Move Mastodon server to OSMF support 2021-08 mid month chat Comms., FLOSS Policy
Amanda 2021-08 In Progress OSMF Policy for SotM TM & LGBTQ safe places 2021-08 mid month chat OSMF Diversity Policy