The list is sortable and might contain items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.
- Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
- Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
|Name||Date||Status||Action item and updates||Source||Related to|
|Board||Set on 2021-01 for 2022-01||future agenda item||to evaluate the Software dispute resolution panel for iD and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms.||Board||Software dispute resolution panel|
|Board||2021-12-11||New||to choose a new board member with legal responsibility and in charge of EU relations for the EU transparency register.||Action item after 2021 board election||EU transparency register|
|Board||2021-04||to make sure to investigate the issue of requiring voters to be "free to vote", and to consider if there should be a change to the Articles of Association, as instructed by the membership (2020 General Meeting resolution - vote 4).
# 2021-07 The board appointed Andy Allan and Michael Collinson to the special committee on takeover protection.
|Board||2021-08-13 (board chat)||Updated||to email the documents requested by St John's Innovation centre to Dorothea.
2021-11-26 Guillaume called St. John's Innovation centre but couldn't get hold of them.
|mid-month board chat||OSMF's registered office|
|2021-08-13 (board chat)||Superceded. To be removed.||
# 2021-11 Jean-Marc is looking at the correspondence received.
|Board (was: Mikel with help of Amanda and Allan. Change of ownership on 2021-11-26).||2020-10||Updated and on-hold (on-hold set on 2021-10-29)||to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee.
# 2021-11-26 Mikel asked for his name to be removed and the issue to go back to the whole board.
|S2S 2020||Wrap-up session|
|Amanda||2021-10-15 (board chat)||to ask our pro-bono lawyer about any restrictions for minors becoming OSMF members.
#2021-10-29 Lawyer is sick.
|Mid-month board chat||Becoming an OSMF member|
|Amanda||2021-09-10 (board chat)||to write up the investigation done so far.||mid-month board chat|
|Amanda||2020-03||HOT trademark grant
||HOT trademark grant|
# 2021-08 In progress
|Amanda||2021-03-26||to add "Interim update from the LCCWG subcommittee" to the public board meeting agenda every two months.
||Board meeting||Moderation subcommittee|
|Amanda||2021-03||to upgrade all Local Chapters to current Local Chapter agreement.
# 2021-05 In progress
|Guillaume and Mikel||2021-11-26||New||to come up with an outline of a plan regarding the Fundraising and Budget committee.||Board meeting|
|Guillaume||2021-11-12 (board chat)||to sketch a bare-bones budget for 2022 before the November 2021 public meeting.||board chat||Finances|
|Guillaume||2021-11-12 (board chat)||to give a full treasurer's report in November public meeting: money and projection for 2022.||board chat||Finances|
|Guillaume||2021-10-29||to suggest to the Microgrants committee to have microgrants throughout the year instead of doing rounds.||Meeting||Microgrants|
|Guillaume||2021-05||to ask our pro-bono lawyer for recommendations of people specialising in mergers and acquisitions.||Board meeting||Take-over protection|
|Guillaume||2020-10 and 2021-03-26||to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing.||screen-to-screen 2020-10||2021 budget|
|Guillaume||2020-10||to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers.||screen-to-screen 2020-10||2021 budget|
|Guillaume with help of
Gunner has been a facilitator for some of the board annual meetings.
|2020-10||to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget.||S2S 2020||2021 budget|
|Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant)||2020-10||to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year.||screen-to-screen 2020-10||2021 budget|
|Guillaume with Amanda||2020-10||to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
|screen-to-screen 2020-10||Articles of association|
|Guillaume (with Jean-Marc, added on 2021-11-12)||2020-08-27 and restated on 2021-11-12||to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Will also ask if it is possible to transfer the Contributor terms.||Board meeting and board chat||OSMF relocation|
|Guillaume||2020-08-27||to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms.||Board meeting||OSMF relocation|
|Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board)||2019-07||to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.
#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
|Jean-Marc with Mikel||2021-11-12 (board chat)||to draft a short reply to MapUganda.||board chat||Local Chapter application|
|Jean-Marc and Amanda||2021-10-15 (board chat)||On-hold||to draft a proposal for a second microgrants round, including parameters (amount of money, source of funds, and selected recommendations from the final report (.odt, 29 KB) by the microgrants committee) to be voted during the October board meeting. # Note: Previous microgrants framework
||Mid-month board chat||Microgrants|
|Jean-Marc||2021-10-15 (board chat)||to provide during the October board meeting a list of countries that have responded to us with information which is worth examining, our realistic options and to start looking at whether the new board will want to move in 2022 out of the UK.
# 2021-10-29 on the board meeting agenda: Analysis of options for OSMF relocation.
# 2021-11-12 Discussed during November board chat.
|Mid-month board chat||OSMF relocation|
|Jean-Marc||2021-09||to seek feedback from the Local Chapters and Communities Working Group (LCCWG) regarding formalisation/clarification on commercial activities of Local Chapters (LCs) (what is tolerated/expected/not welcome) and board expectations. Some issues already discussed in the working group.||Board meeting||Local Chapters|
|Jean-Marc||2021-05-14 (board chat)||to work on a formal job description for the senior site reliability engineer position during the next 2 weeks, so that it gets voted at the next board meeting.
# 2021-08-27 update
|Board meeting||Hiring a Senior site reliability engineer|
|2020-08-27||to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
# 2021-02-12 one part done.
|Mikel||2021-10-29||to reach out to major donors and find out their preferred cycles to request donations and communicate with Guillaume.||Meeting||Fundraising|
# 2021-11 Work with Guillaume. There is now a draft contract and employee handbook. Some questions remain (i.e. regarding holidays).
||2020-03||to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.
#2020-05 In progress.
|Mikel||2021-07-30||to put something specific in writing regarding the maintenance of the OSM website.||board meeting||www.osm.org|
|To be removed (2021-10-29 decision)||
# 2021-08-27 no progress.
|Mikel||2020-10||to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.
# 2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it.
|S2S 2020||Improving member and volunteer recruiting|
|Mikel (Taken up 2020-02)
||2019-05-18||to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).
#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.
#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.
#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.
#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.
||2019-05-18||to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".||F2F 2019|
|Tobias||2021-11-12 (board chat)||to email the Data Working Group (DWG) and get their opinion on what policy they would recommend regarding tools/services which allow editing without an individual OSM account.||board chat||Editing OSM without an account|
|Tobias (was: Guillaume's. Taken over on 2021-11-26)||2021-09||to contact the second iD candidate, who was not selected, regarding his application outcome.||Board meeting||Hiring an iD developer|