Board/Action Items

From OpenStreetMap Foundation

The list is sortable and contains items that did not arise from board meetings. Incomplete.

  • Items in bold are new (arose during ~ past month).
  • Status column - "updated": Item had an update during past month (board meeting or board chat), other than "in progress".
Name Date Status Action item and status Source Related to
Board 2022-01 future agenda item evaluate Software Dispute Resolution Panel and appoint or reappoint members with expiring terms Board Board Minutes 29 January 2021,
OSM wiki: Software dispute resolution panel
Allan 2020-02-12 New to create circular for paying external counsel for advice related to attribution guidelines. Meeting Attribution Guidelines
Allan 2020-10 to circulate outline to rest of board members regarding strategic plan and drive forward the topic (which would then serve fundraising asks in 2021)

# 2020-Dec: Draft circulated.

S2S 2020 OSMF fundraising and Wrap-up session
Allan 2020-03 to reach out to FOSS community for expertise/experience in software governance.

#2020-May,Jun,Jul: In progress. One good conversation.
#2020-Aug: In contact with Gunner.

# 2020-Dec: Continues.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement"
Guillaume with Rory 2020-10 to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers. S2S 2020 Brexit
Guillaume 2020-10 to send an updated version of the budget spreadsheet/specific tabs to Dorothea for publishing. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume 2020-10 to ask Working Groups (WGs) if they want to update their [budget] numbers. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with help of Allan/Gunner (screen-to-screen facilitator)/Communication Working Group (CWG) 2020-10 to announce ahead of time that we're going to look at a budget. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Michelle (OSMF accountant) 2020-10 to consider breaking up State of the Map [numbers] by year. S2S 2020 2021 budget
Guillaume with Rory 2020-10 to work on writing the goals of a "supporting" membership to send to OSMF pro-bono lawyer for feedback.
# Lawyer is sick.
S2S 2020 Articles of association
Guillaume with Mikel 2020-10 to work on plan on how the money will be collected.
# 2020-11 In progress. # 2020-12 Done but decision to keep open for administration.
S2S 2020 OSMF fundraising
Guillaume/Allan 2020-03 to move forward on proposal / scope out fundraising structure.

#2020-05 In progress.

S2S 2020 Finance
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to have a call with a relocation lawyer and come back to the board with a proposal / circular resolution. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-08-27 to check on what a move to the EU would mean for contributor terms. Meeting
Guillaume 2020-03 to ping MWG/self-ping about status on membership prerequisites and transparency.

#2020 Jun, Jul: In progress.

#2020-Aug: In touch with John Goldberg (CiviCRM consultant).

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Guillaume (Taken up 2020-02. Previously: Board) 2019-07 to decide on next steps regarding an email service for OSMF.

#2020-02: An added difficulty is the documents hosted by Working Groups on Google drive.
#2020-05: Received access to Google console. Using Email, Drive, Calendar. Asked Google for complete export.
#2020-06-25: See "reportage".
#2020-07: no action reported.

email FOSS policy
Jean-Marc (was: Mikel with help of Allan, Joost, Tobias) 2020-03
  • Scope out possible scenarios for possible paid staff, including risks
  • Personnel committee:
    • structured way of working with Dorothea.
    • Concern about confidentiality /HR issues.
    • Scoping out boundaries on committee, safety measures, how to mitigate effects on volunteers, e.g. de-motivation.

# 2020-09 Draft Personnel Committee charter.
# 2020-09 Personnel commitee.
# 2020-10 on agenda.

S2S 2020 "Hiring"
Joost 2020-08-27 to draft a proposal regarding further reform of the membership.
# 2021-02-12 one part done.
Meeting Membership
Mikel 2020-10 to write draft about Operations Working Group (OWG) and work with Paul.
#2020-10 Drafted questions, Ian Dees is helping with Fastly (commercial content delivery network that OSMF has recently started to use). Will draft blogpost, share with Paul and then talk to CWG.

#2020-11 Asked to join CWG to work on it.

S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel 2020-10 to extend "donate time" project to companies. S2S 2020 Improving member and volunteer recruiting
Mikel with help of Rory and Allan 2020-10 to revitalise the Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee. S2S 2020 Wrap-up session
Mikel 2020-03 to share key points of discussion on trust and safety for community and get feedback from Diversity and Inclusion Special Committee and ask for next steps and recommendations. '#2020-07: No action to report. #2021-01-29. Superseded by events. To be removed. S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Trust and safety for community."
Mikel (Taken up 2020-02) (was: Frederik/Heather) 2019-05-18 to complete and share job description for someone to prepare a pull request for acceptance against the current “openstreetmap-website” code that will implement these changes (related blogpost).

#2020-02: Mikel plans to circulate to people in Ruby community.

#2020-05: Talked with one recommended developer with Rail experience, not familiar with OSM.

#2020-06-25: Will start fresh.

#2020-07-30: Guillaume spoke with someone who was vaguely interested.

F2F 2019 GDPR
Mikel/Joost 2019-05-18 to document Working Group practices, draft Working Group “rules of order".

#2020-02: Mikel has some suggestions for draft board Rules of Order changes that he will circulate when ready.

F2F 2019 Working Groups
Rory with Guillaume 2020-10 to spend a maximum of three hours talking to lawyers. S2S 2020 Legal team and Brexit implications - resolve how to respond
Tobias (was: Paul) 2020-10 Updated to email the Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement.

# LWG said it is blocked by the attribution guidelines.

S2S 2020 Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement
Rory 2021-01 Done to schedule Advisory Board (AB) meeting in February to see if they have any advice for the board. Meeting Advisory Board
Rory 2020-10 to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer if we can waive fee for membership without needing an Articles of Association (AoA) change.

# 2020-10 lawyer sick.
# 2020-11 Not done but see AGM resolution.

S2S 2020 Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates
Rory 2020-10 to ask OSMF pro-bono lawyer for wording for some of these changes.
# 2020-10 lawyer sick.
S2S 2020 Articles of association: Evaluate membership pre-requisites, identify any needed changes/updates
Rory 2020-03 to announce and then do gentle, friendly, first warnings, formal reminders noting exceptions and suggesting alternative actions (Ideally include “escalation path” guidelines and learn from Guillaume’s efforts).

#2020-08: Reached to Data Working Group.

S2S 2020 "Taking stock of governance and identifying areas for improvement. Section: Enforcement of policies etc"
Tobias with Paul 2020-10 to collaborate on emailing Licensing Working Group (LWG) regarding the tile licence attribution and rewrite specific part of copyright statement

# 2020-12 Draft to be shared with the board before the board election.

S2S 2020 Attribution guidelines