Board/Minutes/2014-12-08

From OpenStreetMap Foundation


Agenda for the

OSMF Board Meeting

Location: Mumble Conference, 8 December 2014 21:00 UTC

Participants

Board members

  • Kate Chapman (chair)
  • Kathleen Danielson
  • Henk Hoff
  • Dermot McNally
  • Paul Norman (minutes)
  • Frederik Ramm

Guests

  • Michael Collinson

Not Present

  • Oliver Kühn

Administrative

Previous minutes

Board/Minutes/2014-11-20

Discussion on accuracy of

Henk suggests committing to members that the board would present a resolution at the next GM which has had more time for thought and add would term limits, after consulting with associate members.

Passed 4 in favour, 2 abstentions

Circular Resolutions

Circular Resolution 2014/09: Reactivation of Simon's OSMF Google account

Accepted on 18 November with ultimately 5 votes in favour.

To facilitate the handover of ongoing business, the board permits Simon Poole to reactivate his OSMF Google account until the handover is complete.

Circular Resolution 2014/10: GM notice

Accepted on 22 November with ultimately 4 votes in favour

The attached notice be sent, subject to final confirmation on time from Andy Robinson.

Note: Attached notice was https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-announce/attachments/20141122/c920b601/attachment-0001.pdf

Circular Resolution 2014/11: Trademark policy

Proposed 2014-11-28, accepted 2014-11-30 with ultimately # votes in favour

The OSMF board requests that the License Working Group and Communications Working Group draft a trademark policy for the board to consider, consulting with the community as necessary, and making use of previous work as they see fit.

Previous action items

2014-11-20: Henk to draw up timeframe for devolving membership management to a working group
2014-11-20: Kate to talk to lawyer about upcoming meeting.
2014-11-20: Frederik to talk to Andy Robinson about meeting Done 2014-11-21
2014-11-20: Paul to create meeting agenda Done 2014-11-21

Discussion about mechanics of circular resolutions.

Devolving membership management (5 min)

Action item: Henk to make public announcement calling for help by next board meeting.

Kate contacting lawyer (1 min)

Kate contacted, but no response and rendered moot by using Andy's house.

Action item: Kate to get Simon to introduce her to Francis.

Planning arising out of special GM

F2F planning

Management Team and OSMF operations structure

preference to do it on mailing list.

Chairman Emeritus role

postpone - perhaps next meeting if required

Any Other Business

Meeting End

Next meeting

to be discussed on list/Doodle.