Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2015-06-15"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board‎ | Minutes
Line 55: Line 55:
   
 
This would not be expected to increase secretary workload.
 
This would not be expected to increase secretary workload.
 
==AGM 2015==
 
 
We need to decide when and how to hold our next AGM.
 
 
At the next election there shall be at least two retirees, one of whom is Henk and the other is one of Oliver, Dermot, or Kate. (AoA 33-34)
 
 
Suggestion of an online-based AGM in Autumn.
 
   
 
==Hiring paid admin help==
 
==Hiring paid admin help==
Line 73: Line 65:
 
Set a job description and remuneration now and declare the whole thing a "6 month pilot scheme" after which we'll review whether it has helped or not. The temporary nature will help to defuse criticism. Then agree (within board) on the process we will use to select a candidate and whom they will be reporting to. Then start spreading the offer in OSM and look for a suitable person.
 
Set a job description and remuneration now and declare the whole thing a "6 month pilot scheme" after which we'll review whether it has helped or not. The temporary nature will help to defuse criticism. Then agree (within board) on the process we will use to select a candidate and whom they will be reporting to. Then start spreading the offer in OSM and look for a suitable person.
 
</blockquote>
 
</blockquote>
  +
 
==AGM 2015==
  +
 
We need to decide when and how to hold our next AGM.
  +
 
At the next election there shall be at least two retirees, one of whom is Henk and the other is one of Oliver, Dermot, or Kate. (AoA 33-34)
  +
 
Suggestion of an online-based AGM in Autumn.
  +
  +
===Corporate fee schedule changes===
   
 
==AOB==
 
==AOB==

Revision as of 01:10, 15 June 2015

DRAFT AGENDA for the

OSMF Board Meeting

Location: Mumble, Monday 15 June 2015, 7:00 PM UTC

Participants

Board members

Guests

Not Present

Administrative

Previous minutes

http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2015-05-09

Circular Resolutions

None passed since last meeting.

Previous action items

2015-02-16: Kathleen to let the SOTM-WG know we're defining the vision of SOTM for the OSMF
2015-02-16: Kathleen to report back our SOTM discussion in a way that captures the nuance of what was covered and allows for continued conversation
2015-02-16: Henk to find board members to peruse each 2015 goal
2015-04-03: Kate to follow up on non-public matter.
2015-04-03: Kathleen to draft advisory board proposal
2015-05-09: Henk to have plan by next meeting for moving forwards and any costs for customizing CiviCRM
2015-05-09:Kate to set up Loomio (Done)

Gifts

Board rules of order require that gifts or reimbursement of expenses appear in the minutes and are listed in quarterly financials.

OSMF Board members attended a private event at State of the Map US with US conference sponsors, and some of the US board and HOT board.

Publicly recording board member votes

Many members are requesting that board votes have how members voted recorded for publicly minuted items.

Survey of other open data/geospatial organization practices

Changing this would mean changing the rules of order.

Proposed change: Change "If votes are taken, the minutes will contain a tally of votes." to "If votes are taken, the minutes will contain the board member votes."

Board observers

This item is deferred from previous meetings, and requested by members.

People would like to either observe public portions of our meetings or listen later.

There are no technical barriers to either option.

This would not be expected to increase secretary workload.

Hiring paid admin help

What are the next steps? F2F consensus was to start small, look for someone working between 8 and 16 hours a week from home, taking on small tasks at first. Gunner had recommended strong involvement of osmf-talk.

Suggestion from Frederik:

Set a job description and remuneration now and declare the whole thing a "6 month pilot scheme" after which we'll review whether it has helped or not. The temporary nature will help to defuse criticism. Then agree (within board) on the process we will use to select a candidate and whom they will be reporting to. Then start spreading the offer in OSM and look for a suitable person.

AGM 2015

We need to decide when and how to hold our next AGM.

At the next election there shall be at least two retirees, one of whom is Henk and the other is one of Oliver, Dermot, or Kate. (AoA 33-34)

Suggestion of an online-based AGM in Autumn.

Corporate fee schedule changes

AOB

Next meeting

Meeting End