Board/Minutes/2016-07-15

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
Revision as of 22:19, 11 December 2016 by Dorothea (talk | contribs) (Removal of "Draft" status)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Location: Mumble, 2016-07-11, 1800 London time

Participants

Board members

  • Peter Barth
  • Martijn van Exel
  • Paul Norman
  • Frederik Ramm
  • Ilya Zverev
  • Kate Chapman

Guests

Open to all members

Not Present

  • Mikel Maron

Administrative

Previous minutes

Board/Minutes/2016-06-17 Accepted

Circular Resolutions

2016/8: "Open Street Maps" LWG action

To approve the LWG consulting with legal council and sending a cease and desist letter over the "Open Street Maps" application

Accepted 2016-06-24 with ultimately 7 votes in favour.

2016/9: Adopt the FOSS policy

To adopt the FOSS policy as proposed at http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=FOSS_Policy&oldid=3782

Accepted 2016-06-28 with ultimately 6 votes in favour.

Previous action items

2016-04-27: Paul to resend public vote research he had done last year
2016-05-28: Paul to review notes for unclaimed action items
2016-05-28: Paul to put out call for EWG volunteers
2016-05-28: Paul talk to Kate about thematic LCs
2016-05-28: Martijn to investigate best practices for Advisory Boards & make a proposal
2016-05-28: Martijn to find someone to work with to distill action items and next steps for diversity objectives
2016-05-28: Mikel to support revitilization of CWG
2016-05-28: Mikel to share notes on LC discussion
2016-05-28: Mikel to assist recruitment & hiring admin assistant (Done)
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to do second round interviews for admin position (Done)
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to draft diversity policy
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to revise reframe/finalize corporate membership policy
2016-05-28: Kate to lead hiring process
2016-05-28: Kate to post job ad elsewhere (Done)
2016-05-28: Ilya to compile a draft of an OSMF monthly newsletter from WG & board minutes
2016-05-28: Ilya to present an Engineering Committee draft to the Board
2016-05-28: Ilya to ask LWG for up-to-date list of trademarks
2016-05-28: Ilya to present proposal to open the membership register
2016-05-28: Ilya to elaborate on and possibly find local OSMF ambassadors
2016-05-28: Frederik/Paul to prepare rules of order change + transparency doc from transparency session
2016-06-17: Martijn to create tickets to track work for funding drive

Kate to lead hiring process

Second round interviews done.

Donation Drive

Prepare draft budget saying where we want to spend money, say this is what we want to spend money on and run funding drive to meet that goal.

Aim to start drive at SOTM Martijn to coordinate with rob to launch at SOTM

FOSS policy

Question on osmf-talk if we will have a list of SW we use

Peter to organize a list of software used by board + WGs that is not open source or is hosted.

Auditor

Mark Obrembalski is volunteering to do the audit for 2015.


No objections or other volunteers, so go with Mark.

SOTM F2F meeting

Paul to do Doodle of days including Thursday



Closed portion of meeting

Admin help

Frederik to send email asking all board members to express their opinion on each candidate. Check if Mikel wants to talk to the candidates. Stick to email so we can give the admin help Loomio access easily.

Geospatial Data in Africa RFP

An organization is seeking consent from the OSMF to list us as an "interested party". This would not be a formal letter of support, but saying we are interested in being involved if their proposal moves forward. The decision to be involved or not would be later, not now.

Organizations are going to submit proposals to other organizations with or without our involvement, and this would allow us to shape them to benefit the wider OSM community.

If someone else were to contact us it would be unfair to turn them down because we have already agreed to one proposal. We would have to give all of them the same answer that we are interested.

What happens if we decide to be involved?

Potentially the OSMF could receive money as a subgrantee.

One concern around the large NGOs getting involved in OSM is that millions of dollars get raised and it doesn't filter back to the core infrastructure or community.

Decisions

Kate to follow up with email saying in principle we are interested.

Next meeting

Meetings are now recurring, 3rd Friday of each month, 1800 London time

2016-08-19

Meeting End