Location: Mumble, 2016-10-28, 1800 London time
- 1 Participants
- 2 Administrative
- 3 Previous action items
- 4 AGM date and announcement
- 5 Corporate membership
- 6 Donation drive
- 7 Dorothea's role with WGs
- 8 Closed portion of meeting
- 9 Next meeting
- 10 Meeting End
- Peter Barth
- Kate Chapman
- Martijn van Exel
- Paul Norman
- Frederik Ramm
Open to all members
- Mikel Maron
- Ilya Zverev
2016/11: Approve 2015 financials
Accepted 2016-09-23 with ultimately 6 votes in favour.
Previous action items
2016-05-28: Paul to put out call for EWG volunteers
2016-05-28: Martijn to find someone to work with to distill action items and next steps for diversity objectives
2016-05-28: Mikel to support revitilization of CWG
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to draft diversity policy
Martijn/Kate to revise reframe/finalize corporate membership policy (Done)
2016-05-28: Ilya to compile a draft of an OSMF monthly newsletter from WG & board minutes
Ilya to elaborate on and possibly find local OSMF ambassadors (removal of item by Ilya's request)
Frederik/Paul to prepare rules of order change + transparency doc from transparency session (Done)
2016-08-19: Mikel to review his notes for an agenda/list of topics for the last F2F
2016-08-19: Mikel to put LC discussion notes on the board wiki.
2016-05-28: Frederik/Paul to prepare transparency doc from transparency session
Martijn to incorporate most recent corporate membership comments, post to board@ and osmf-talk@, then start circular (Done)
Paul and Martijn to clone last donation drive site (Done)
2016-08-19: Mikel to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal
2016-08-19: Ilya to look at implementing means for members to view the membership register
Martijn to change wording of Corporate membership text, addressing earmark concerns (Done)
Ilya to check with Frederik whether we can take cash during SotM (Done)
Martijn to announce Donation drive at SotM opening (Done)
Mikel to check with SOTM team what content of closing session will be, in order to see if we can miss it (Done)
Paul to put together the agenda on OSMF wiki (Done)
Dorothea to create stand banner & stickers for SotM (Done)
2016-09-16: AOB: Announce Dorothea
Martijn to write blog post about new corporate membership scheme (Done)
Frederik & Dorothea to create the content & design the OSM leaflet for events, aimed at both individuals & companies (Done)
2016-09-25: Martijn to talk to Grant about doing recurrent donations during membership sign-up and/or renewal
Peter to make list on wiki of companies that use OSM data & create proto-mail (Done)
2016-09-25: Martijn to notify board when US has done policy on smaller grants
2016-09-25: Mikel to find diversity text
2016-09-25: Dorothea to notify existing corporate members using CiviCRM regarding the new corporate membership scheme
(2016-10 via mail): Martijn to answer by e-mail questions about the donation drive, to be published in the OpenCage blog
2016-10-28: Peter to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and aren't open-source
AGM date and announcement
Discussion on proposal "to schedule the Annual General Meeting for December 10th (Saturday), with voting starting on December 3rd and deadline for nominations on November 26th".
Acceptance by all of the proposed AGM date & of the announcement plan, no special resolutions are needed. Regarding the installation of the advisory board, no special resolution is necessary, as it has no formal power.
The AGM will take place on IRC, as in the previous year, and the announcement will be made via CiviCRM.
Current corporate members will have the benefits of the Corporate Membership Bronze tier, till the expiration of their current membership. Then they will be approached by Dorothea regarding selection of one of the new Corporate Membership tiers.
- An announcement will be made regarding matching donations by Mapbox.
- There was discussion on whether the cash donations worked out during SotM and SotM Asia. Around 49 GBP were raised at SotM Asia, but that amount included 2 new memberships. SotM was better with around 285 GBP raised.
- There was a discussion on whether to ask HOT and Missing Maps about adding a donation drive banner to their sites. Missing Maps probably doesn't have a legal identity, so HOT will be asked (and more specifically, Tyler).
- Additionally, Grant has a script to check referrals for donation site, so referrals can be checked later.
Dorothea's role with WGs
Closed portion of meeting
The OSMF board had a closed session portion of the meeting.
Meetings are now recurring, 3rd Friday of each month, 18:00 London time, unless rescheduled.