Location: Mumble, Tuesday 2017-04-18, 20:00 London time
- Peter Barth
- Kate Chapman
- Martijn van Exel
- Paul Norman
- Frederik Ramm
Open to all members
2017/3: LWG remit / activities
|2017/3: LWG remit / activities
|As discussed in the 2017/03 board meeting, please indicate your (dis)approval of the new LWG remit / activities docs.
| Accepted 2017-04-13 with 6 votes in favour
Previous action items
2016-05-28: Martijn to find someone to work with to distill action items and next steps for diversity objectives
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to draft diversity policy
2016-05-28: Ilya to compile a draft of an OSMF monthly newsletter from Working Group (WG) & board minutes
2016-08-19: Mikel to review his notes for an agenda/list of topics for the last Face-2-Face (F2F)
2016-08-19: Mikel to put Local Chapters' (LC) discussion notes on the board wiki
2016-05-28: Frederik/Paul to prepare transparency doc from transparency session
2016-08-19: Mikel to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal
2016-08-19: Ilya to look at implementing means for members to view the membership register
Martijn to talk to Grant about doing recurrent donations during membership sign-up and/or renewal (done)
2016-09-25: Martijn to notify board when US has done policy on smaller grants
2016-09-25: Mikel to find diversity text
2016-10-28: Peter to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and aren't open-source
Frederik to incorporate discussion points about Advisory Board and continue the discussion on the board mailing list (done)
2017-02-21: Paul to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions
2017-03-21: Paul and Mikel to join next call of Martijn with the F2F host
Martijn to arrange event during F2F with the local community at Amsterdam (done)
2017-03-21: Paul to reach to LCs about sending representatives to the Advisory Board
Martijn and Paul to draft and finalise message to eligible organisations and LCs about AB representatives (done)
Martijn and Dorothea to send messages about AB representatives to Gold Corporate Members (done)
Mikel to send link of hackpad about WG transparency to the board (done)
2017-03-21: Mikel to find process for WG formation from Management team minutes
Martijn to create a circular about LWG remit and activities documents (done)
Kate to reply to Rob's e-mail about SotM Sponsorship challenges (done)
2017-03-21: Mikel to get list of SotM potential sponsors in order, together with Rob
|Discussion about moving email hosting back to OSMF/OWG. This was proposed by Peter to the board mailing list, for reasons such as privacy, avoiding "lock-in" and practical issues, as in cases where emails from external persons get rejected by Google.
Admin. Assistant's contract
|This section was proposed by Peter to the board mailing list and concerns transparency to the community.
Face-to-Face Meeting (Update)
|Arrangements for the upcoming F2F board meeting (May 20-21, Amsterdam). Notes from previous discussions: Mar 2017, Jan 2017.
Advisory Board (Update)
|The Advisory Board is an entity separate from the OSMF board of directors, composed of individuals - either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. Notes from previous discussions: Mar 2017, Feb 2017, Jan 2017 and Dec 2016.
Term limits for board members
|Discussion about defining term limits and total term lengths for board members. This was proposed by Frederik to the board mailing list, as currently, when members elect someone, it is not clear for how long the person is elected (our rules say that each election, the two longest-serving members must step down).
Any other business
Closed portion of meeting
Corporate map editing
|The OSMF board will have a closed session portion of the meeting about corporate map editing.
Normally, it would be on Tuesday, 2017-05-16 at 20:00 London time, but it might be rescheduled for the week before. There will be an announcement on osmf-talk if that happens.
Meetings are recurring on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, at 20:00 London time, unless rescheduled.