Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2017-05-09"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
m (Addition of board members' presence & marking past minutes' acceptance)
Line 2: Line 2:
 
Location: Mumble, '''Tuesday''' 2017-05-09, 20:00 London time
 
Location: Mumble, '''Tuesday''' 2017-05-09, 20:00 London time
   
<font color="red">The HOT Mumble server seems to be having some problems.
 
So, if you can't connect to it around 20:00 London Time,
 
you will find us at this Mumble server: '''podcast.openstreetmap.de'''</font>
 
 
Please note that the first time you connect to the podcast.openstreetmap.de mumble server you might receive a '''warning''' about the secure connection certificate. The server uses a self-signed SSL certificate that was auto-generated and does not have the host and domain name entered (This also happens the first time you connect to the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble HOT server]).
 
 
This is just for today's meeting.
 
 
 
==Participants==
 
==Participants==
 
===Board members===
 
===Board members===
  +
* Kate Chapman
  +
* Martijn van Exel
  +
* Mikel Maron
  +
* Paul Norman
  +
* Frederik Ramm
   
 
===Guests===
 
===Guests===
Line 17: Line 14:
 
 
 
===Not Present===
 
===Not Present===
  +
* Peter Barth
  +
* Ilya Zverev
   
 
==Administrative==
 
==Administrative==
   
 
===Previous minutes===
 
===Previous minutes===
* [[Board/Minutes/2017-04-18]]
+
* [[Board/Minutes/2017-04-18]] Accepted
 
=== Circular Resolutions ===
 
=== Circular Resolutions ===
   

Revision as of 19:36, 9 May 2017

Draft Agenda
Location: Mumble, Tuesday 2017-05-09, 20:00 London time

Participants

Board members

  • Kate Chapman
  • Martijn van Exel
  • Mikel Maron
  • Paul Norman
  • Frederik Ramm

Guests

Open to all members

Not Present

  • Peter Barth
  • Ilya Zverev

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Previous action items

2016-05-28: Martijn to find someone to work with to distill action items and next steps for diversity objectives
2016-05-28: Martijn/Kate to draft diversity policy
2016-05-28: Ilya to compile a draft of an OSMF monthly newsletter from Working Group (WG) & board minutes
2016-08-19: Mikel to review his notes for an agenda/list of topics for the last Face-2-Face (F2F)
2016-08-19: Mikel to put Local Chapters' (LC) discussion notes on the board wiki
2016-05-28: Frederik/Paul to prepare transparency doc from transparency session
2016-08-19: Mikel to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal
2016-08-19: Ilya to look at implementing means for members to view the membership register
2016-09-25: Martijn to notify board when US has done policy on smaller grants
2016-10-28: Peter to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and aren't open-source
2017-02-21: Paul to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions
2017-03-21: Paul and Mikel to join next call of Martijn with the F2F host
2017-03-21: Paul to reach to LCs about sending representatives to the Advisory Board
2017-03-21: Mikel to get list of SotM potential sponsors in order, together with Rob
2017-04-18: Peter to make a list of requirements for self-hosting and discuss them with the OWG
2017-04-18: Martijn to follow-up with Paul regarding joining call with F2F host
2017-04-18: Paul to send the text for Advisory Board LC representatives to osmf-talk
2017-04-18: Frederik to send e-mail to osmf-talk@ and ask opinions on board term limits (done)
2017-04-18: Peter to create page on OSM wiki regarding board meeting - which can be linked from the calendar

F2F Agenda

Discussion about the agenda of the upcoming Face-to-Face board meeting (May 20-21, Amsterdam).
Lead: Martijn

F2F Logistics (update)

Last arrangements for the upcoming F2F board meeting (May 20-21, Amsterdam). Notes from previous discussions: Apr 2017, Mar 2017, Jan 2017.
Lead: Martijn

UK Local Chapter application

OpenStreetMap United Kingdom (OSM UK) has applied to become the OSMF local chapter for the United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man and Channel Islands). Please note that for consultation and as part of due diligence, the OSMF community has already been asked (on osmf-talk and at local mailing lists) for comments on the application.

Feedback specific to Ireland was that there would be an application for a local chapter covering the island of Ireland from OSMIE, so potentially Northern Ireland would have both OSM UK and OSMIE covering it.

No feedback was received from the Scottish community.

General feedback and from the UK was sent privately and was negative.

Points of concern raised were that

- The group morphed from GB to UK

- The group largely ignores existing channels of communication with the GB/UK community

- The group is focused on the West Midlands and doesn't represent the wider GB community

- One group cannot be considered representative of the whole UK community

- Suggested change of having the "Chapter support and campaign for the interests of the local community" instead of "represent the interests of the local community" with a caveat that the OSMF believes that it is not appropriate for a single organisation to be recognised as the representative of this community

- The proposed OSMUK is representative of a some UK OSMers (mainly from West Mids) but not much else as far as I can tell.

Lead: Paul

LWG request for some of Dorothea's time

The LWG has sent an email to the board, requesting administrative support for minute taking during the LWG monthly meeting and for preparation of the minutes post meeting. "This would allow us to use the scarce time available for the whole group to discuss and work on topics more efficiently and make it easier for the current minute taker to engage in the discussions." The current request is for 1.5 hours/month.
Lead: Martijn

Any other business

Next meeting

Tuesday, 20th of June, 2017 at 20:00 London time.

Meetings are normally recurring on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, at 20:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end