Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2018-03-15"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(+Agenda topics & action item updates)
m (Previous action items: 2018-02-08 -> 2018-02-15)
Line 43: Line 43:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| All
 
| All
| 2018-02-08
+
| 2018-02-15
 
| SotM draft policy document [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy clean-up]
 
| SotM draft policy document [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy clean-up]
 
|-
 
|-
Line 55: Line 55:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Frederik
 
| Frederik
| 2018-02-08
+
| 2018-02-15
 
| <s>to contact [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#Accepting_Liberapay_Donations Liberapay] mentioning that we appreciate their support and tell them that we would like them to stop soliciting money in our name.</s> ''# Done - we have [https://liberapay.com/on/github/openstreetmap/ opted-out]''
 
| <s>to contact [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#Accepting_Liberapay_Donations Liberapay] mentioning that we appreciate their support and tell them that we would like them to stop soliciting money in our name.</s> ''# Done - we have [https://liberapay.com/on/github/openstreetmap/ opted-out]''
 
|-
 
|-
Line 63: Line 63:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Heather/Mikel
 
| Heather/Mikel
| 2018-02-08
+
| 2018-02-15
 
| to contact local communities and regional [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map State of the Map] organisers about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy SotM policy] and then provide feedback to the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/StateoftheMap_Organizing_Committee SotM-WG] and the board.
 
| to contact local communities and regional [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map State of the Map] organisers about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy SotM policy] and then provide feedback to the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/StateoftheMap_Organizing_Committee SotM-WG] and the board.
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Heather
 
| Heather
| 2018-02-08
+
| 2018-02-15
 
| to follow up with [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_Working_Group LWG], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Operations_Working_Group OWG] and [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Communication_Working_Group CWG] about [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#General_Data_Protection_Regulation GDPR]
 
| to follow up with [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_Working_Group LWG], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Operations_Working_Group OWG] and [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Communication_Working_Group CWG] about [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#General_Data_Protection_Regulation GDPR]
 
|-
 
|-
Line 79: Line 79:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Kate
 
| Kate
| 2018-02-08
+
| 2018-02-15
 
| to notify the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Operations_Working_Group OWG] that the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#OSMF_Data_Center new Data Center RFP] has been accepted ''(Done)''
 
| to notify the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Operations_Working_Group OWG] that the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#OSMF_Data_Center new Data Center RFP] has been accepted ''(Done)''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Kate
 
| Kate
| 2018-02-08
+
| 2018-02-15
 
| to follow up with Grant about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist technical workaround] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website
 
| to follow up with Grant about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist technical workaround] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website
 
|-
 
|-
Line 135: Line 135:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mikel/Heather
 
| Mikel/Heather
| 2018-02-08
+
| 2018-02-15
 
| to contact local communities and regional [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map State of the Map] organisers about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy SotM policy] and then provide feedback to the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/StateoftheMap_Organizing_Committee SotM-WG] and the board.
 
| to contact local communities and regional [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map State of the Map] organisers about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy SotM policy] and then provide feedback to the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/StateoftheMap_Organizing_Committee SotM-WG] and the board.
 
|-
 
|-

Revision as of 16:12, 14 March 2018

Draft Agenda
Location: Mumble, Thursday 2018-03-15 at 21:00 London time

North Americans: Please note that this Board Meeting will take place one hour later than usual for you, as Europe is not on Daylight Savings Time yet. The April meeting will be at the usual time for you, unless rescheduled.

Participants

Board members

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

2018/Res5 Approve Dorothea's new contract

2018/Res5 Approve Dorothea's new contract
Voting for signing a new 1 year contract with Dorothea, starting March 1 2018, ending Feb 28, 2019. Terms otherwise unchanged.
Unanimously accepted 2018-03-07

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible and items that were assigned to two persons appear twice.

Name Date Action item and status
All 2018-02-15 SotM draft policy document clean-up
All 2018-01-25 Update board member biographies on the OSMF wiki
All 2017-11-16 In 2018 send an email to members, months in advance of the Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
Frederik 2018-02-15 to contact Liberapay mentioning that we appreciate their support and tell them that we would like them to stop soliciting money in our name. # Done - we have opted-out
Frederik/Paul 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session
Heather/Mikel 2018-02-15 to contact local communities and regional State of the Map organisers about the SotM policy and then provide feedback to the SotM-WG and the board.
Heather 2018-02-15 to follow up with LWG, OWG and CWG about GDPR
Heather 2018-01-25 to talk to Paul and get more details about the board representative on the trademark license subcommittee and then contact the Licensing Working Group, if required.
Ilya 2016-08-19 to look at implementing means for members to view the membership register
# Got key from Tom for accessing the server. Administrative work done, programming not yet.
Kate 2018-02-15 to notify the OWG that the new Data Center RFP has been accepted (Done)
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website
Kate 2018-01-18 to initiate discussion about 2018 priorities over email.
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan
Kate 2018-01-18 to email F. Davey about Conflict of Interest advice and cc Paul
Kate 2017-08-24 to write to the Advisory Board list about microgrants
Kate 2017-08-24 to contact Michael about closing inactive mailing lists that she is an admin of
Kate/Martijn 2016-05-28 to draft diversity policy
# No progress to report. Low priority.
Martijn 2018-01-25 to review the submitted documents of the OSM Belgium Local Chapter application. # Done
Martijn 2018-01-25 to initiate the local community and membership consultations regarding the OSM Belgium Local Chapter application.
Martijn 2017-11-16 to create the draft of the microgrants policy, separating it from the attempted combined draft with the updated travel policy
Martijn 2017-10-26 to raise the question to the Advisory Board about whether they would like to have an archive of the AB mailing list.
# Martijn will prepare a brief orientation document for the AB and will ask then.
Martijn 2017-07-18 to look at the process of regular reporting by the Local Chapters to the board and vice versa.
Martijn/Kate 2016-05-28 to draft diversity policy
# No progress to report. Low priority.
Mikel/Heather 2018-02-15 to contact local communities and regional State of the Map organisers about the SotM policy and then provide feedback to the SotM-WG and the board.
Mikel 2018-01-25 Mikel to work on potential updates on the circulars' procedure to vote on.
Mikel 2018-01-18 to make sure the osmf-announce read-only mailing list is restarted - with help from Martijn, Paul & the MWG.
Mikel 2017-08-24 to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the Welcome Mat
Mikel 2016-08-19 to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal
Paul 2017-02-21 to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted
# Was Peter's
Paul/Frederik 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session
Peter 2017-04-18 to make a list of requirements for email self-hosting and discuss them with the Operations Working Group

Action item updates

OSMF-owned engine for social surveys

SotMs as an opportunity to increase membership

Diversity in OSM

Board reminder/communications about Etiquette guidelines

GDPR preparation update

Translations of OSMF website pages

Next meeting

Meetings now take place on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

The next monthly board meeting will be on the 19th of April, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end