Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2018-05-17"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
m (+ (Belgium LC application, GDPR), modified link)
m (Board meeting has been rescheduled)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<font color="red">Draft Page</font>
+
<font color="red">The board meeting has been rescheduled.</font>
<br/>
 
Location: [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble], '''Thursday''' [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+May+2018&iso=20180517T21&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 2018-05-17 at 21:00 London time]
 
   
== Participants ==
 
  +
It will now take place on the [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+May+2018&iso=20180524T21&p1=136&ah=1 24th of May 2018, at 21:00 London time].
=== Board members ===
 
   
=== Guests ===
 
  +
Please see: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-05-24
 
Open to all OSMF members.
 
 
''Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble] chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.''
 
 
=== Not Present ===
 
 
== Administrative ==
 
 
===Previous minutes===
 
* [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19]]
 
 
=== Circular Resolutions ===
 
 
=== Previous action items ===
 
 
''The list is sortable and collapsible.''
 
 
{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible sortable"
 
! Name
 
! Date
 
! Action item and status
 
|-
 
| All
 
| 2018-03-15
 
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Board_reminder.2Fcommunications_about_etiquette_guidelines to send] a reminder about [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] guidelines on [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk], [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk talk] & facebook page
 
|-
 
| All
 
| 2018-02-15
 
| to [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy clean-up] the SotM draft policy document
 
|-
 
| All
 
| 2017-11-16
 
| to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meetings Annual General Meeting], encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
 
|-
 
| Frederik
 
| 2018-04-19
 
| to do a short writeup regarding the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#CiviCRM_contract_to_fix_bugs recent CiviCRM issues], which will be sent to experts who might be able to help.
 
|-
 
| Frederik/Mikel
 
| 2018-03-15
 
| to look at providing [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#SotMs_as_an_opportunity_to_increase_membership CiviCRM discount codes] for [https://2018.stateofthemap.org/ State of the Map 2018]. Will also look at how many people have already signed up and offer partial refund or suggest donation. <br>'' # 2018-04-20 Update: CiviDiscount has been fixed by Tom.''
 
|-
 
| Frederik/Paul
 
| 2016-05-28
 
| to prepare transparency document from [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2016-05_F2F#Committing_to_Greater_Transparency transparency session]
 
|-
 
| Kate
 
| 2018-02-15
 
| to follow up with Grant about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist technical workaround] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website
 
|-
 
| Kate
 
| 2018-01-18
 
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Board/Minutes/2018-01-25&action=submit#Prioritising_2018 to initiate] discussion about 2018 priorities over email.
 
|-
 
| Kate
 
| 2018-01-18
 
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Board/Minutes/2018-01-18&action=submit#Taking_a_stand to update] the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] and add a reporting plan
 
|-
 
| Kate
 
| 2018-01-18
 
| to email F. Davey about Conflict of Interest advice and cc Paul
 
|-
 
| Kate
 
| 2017-08-24
 
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-08-24#Question_about_any_decision_on_microgrants to write] to the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board Advisory Board] list about microgrants
 
|-
 
| Kate/Martijn
 
| 2016-05-28
 
| to draft [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2016-05_F2F#Diversity_.2F_Change_of_Whatever diversity] policy <br> ''# No progress to report. Low priority.''
 
|-
 
| Martijn
 
| 2017-11-16
 
| to create the draft of the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-07-18#Microgrant_Fundraising microgrants] policy, separating it from the attempted combined draft with the updated [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-11-16#Travel_policy_update travel] policy
 
|-
 
| Martijn
 
| 2017-10-26
 
| to [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-10-26#Advisory_Board_on-boarding raise] the question to the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board Advisory Board] about whether they would like to have an archive of the AB mailing list<br> ''# Martijn will prepare a brief orientation document for the AB and will ask then.''
 
|-
 
| Martijn
 
| 2017-07-18
 
| to look at the process of [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-07-18#Local_Chapter_reporting regular reporting] by the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters Local Chapters] to the board and vice versa. <br> ''
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| 2018-04-19
 
| to handle emailing and getting quotes from CiviCRM experts, in relation to our [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#CiviCRM_contract_to_fix_bugs recent CiviCRM issues]
 
|-
 
| Mikel/Paul
 
| 2018-03-15
 
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Board_reminder.2Fcommunications_about_etiquette_guidelines to look] at the ten most active [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo mailing lists] and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| 2018-01-25
 
| Mikel to work on potential updates on the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-01-25#Circular_resolutions_-_procedure circulars' procedure] to vote on.
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| 2017-08-24
 
| to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-08-24#Welcome_Mat_progress_-_next_steps Welcome Mat]
 
|-
 
| Mikel
 
| 2016-08-19
 
| to send [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2016-08-19#Next_steps_for_a_Diversity_Policy round bullet points] on diversity policy proposal
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| 2018-04-19
 
| to [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#FOSS_Policy document] the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| 2017-02-21
 
| to separate the State of the Map (SotM) [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-02-21#SotM_net_profit net profit] discussion items and start the follow-up discussions
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| 2016-10-28
 
| to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted <br> # ''Was Peter's''
 
|-
 
| Peter
 
| 2017-04-18
 
| to make a list of requirements for [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-04-18#Email_hosting email self-hosting] and discuss them with the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Operations_Working_Group Operations Working Group]
 
|-
 
|}
 
 
== Action item updates ==
 
 
== Belgium Local Chapter application ==
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|''[http://www.osm.be/ OpenStreetMap Belgium] has [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/Applications/Belgium applied] to become the OSMF [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters Local Chapter] for Belgium. All necessary documents and translations have been received. The local and membership consultation period has ended. Local consultation: [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-be/2018-March/010430.html OSM-talk-be], [https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=61833 forum.osm.org - users: Belgium], OSM-BE on Matrix: [https://matrix.to/#/!SqvNXrBsvdGHYRyota:matrix.org/$15223272341323573opEQh:matrix.org 1] and [https://matrix.to/#/!SqvNXrBsvdGHYRyota:matrix.org/$1523390473378828FEeEf:matrix.org 2]. [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2018-April/005121.html Membership consultation].'' <br>
 
''Related discussion: [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-09-21#Local_Chapter_applications Sep 2017]''
 
|-
 
| ''Lead: Martijn''
 
|}
 
 
== GDPR preparation update ==
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|
 
''The [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation General Data Protection Regulation] will come into effect May 25, 2018. The [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_Working_Group Licensing Working Group] (LWG) [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2018-April/005123.html has asked for feedback] on a [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EjccQNm3awl7eQlk1jGYyoGJVavJG_bEfX8iCMEuC9U/ document] with a set of recommendations.'' ''The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have also been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April).''
 
 
''Related LWG discussions: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZFVNl9kcYIatz2I5Ya_O6mBJhqBBPOJKtbE_GdXifwA/ Apr 2018], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O_LUtdSNmpyIk4jG0iE831_p1qHatCH_cnZ3L5C2dmU/ Mar 2018], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LoPP65QymwX2hmD8iQh5XTFMyOK9pDA60zDo5z0Eq_c/ Feb 2018], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LLL-XVCvdqY7QjAElNyakE0i2DqRYC66vsqAn6KyqmA/ Nov 2017], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rnNgRe_-cTc4WIcChdcYoc0Ksa_dAqOoDIa9NURnGvI/ Sep 2017], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k7vuGOyb2vhEDu-j1821phzXPPtcqIppfYHvjQeG8hY/ July 2017]''<br>
 
'' Related Board discussions: [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#GDPR_preparation_update_from_the_LWG Apr 2018], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#GDPR_preparation_update Mar 2018], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#General_Data_Protection_Regulation Feb 2018]''<br>
 
|-
 
|}
 
 
== Advisory Board - monthly update ==
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|''The'' ''[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board Advisory Board]'' ''(AB) is an entity separate from the OSMF board of directors, composed of individuals - either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-01-17#Transparency will publicly minute], in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. ''<br>
 
 
''AB related Board discussions: <br> 2018 [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update Mar], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update Feb], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-01-25#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update Jan] <br> 2017 [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-10-26#Advisory_Board_on-boarding Oct], [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/06/27/summary-of-boards-face-to-face-meeting/ May] (F2F), [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-04-18#Advisory_Board_.28Update.29 Apr], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-03-21#Advisory_Board Mar], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-02-21#Advisory_Board_-_Update Feb], [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-01-17#Setting_up_the_Advisory_Board Jan]''
 
|-
 
| ''Lead: Martijn''
 
|}
 
 
== Any other business ==
 
 
== Guest comments or questions ==
 
 
== Next meeting ==
 
 
Meetings take place on the '''3rd Thursday''' of the month, at '''21:00 London time''', unless rescheduled.
 
 
The next monthly board meeting will be on the '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+June+2018&iso=20180621T21&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 21st of June, at 21:00 London time]''', unless rescheduled.
 
 
'''Meeting end'''
 

Latest revision as of 19:29, 15 May 2018

The board meeting has been rescheduled.

It will now take place on the 24th of May 2018, at 21:00 London time.

Please see: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-05-24