Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2018-05-24"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
m (Removed draft status as minutes have been accepted)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<font color="red">Draft Minutes</font>
 
  +
<br/>
 
 
Location: [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble], '''Thursday''' [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+May+2018&iso=20180524T21&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 2018-05-24 at 21:00 London time]
 
Location: [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble], '''Thursday''' [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+May+2018&iso=20180524T21&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 2018-05-24 at 21:00 London time]
   

Latest revision as of 21:32, 21 June 2018

Location: Mumble, Thursday 2018-05-24 at 21:00 London time

Participants

Board members

  • Kate Chapman (Chairperson)
  • Peter Barth
  • Martijn van Exel
  • Mikel Maron
  • Paul Norman
  • Heather Leson
  • Frederik Ramm

Guests

  • 8 guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible. Updates are in blue.

Name Date Action item and status
All 2018-05-24 to create a circular to vote on the stripped down version of the Privacy Policy
All 2018-05-24 to provide feedback on the draft with the modifications to the Board rules of Order, ideally before the 7th of June
All 2018-03-15 to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page
All 2018-02-15 to clean-up the SotM draft policy document
All 2017-11-16 to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions
Frederik 2018-04-19 to do a short writeup regarding the recent CiviCRM issues, which will be sent to experts who might be able to help
Frederik/Mikel 2018-03-15 to look at providing CiviCRM discount codes for State of the Map 2018. Will also look at how many people have already signed up and offer partial refund or suggest donation.
# 2018-04-20 Update: CiviDiscount has been fixed by Tom.
Frederik/Paul 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website
Kate 2018-01-18 to initiate discussion about 2018 priorities over email
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan
Kate 2018-01-18 to email F. Davey about Conflict of Interest advice and cc Paul
# Done
Kate 2017-08-24 to write to the Advisory Board list about microgrants
Kate/Martijn 2016-05-28 to draft diversity policy
# No progress to report. Low priority.
Martijn 2018-05-24 Martijn to notify the OSM-BE board about their new status as an official OSMF Local Chapter
# Done
Martijn 2017-11-16 to create the draft of the microgrants policy, separating it from the attempted combined draft with the updated travel policy
Martijn 2017-10-26 to raise the question to the Advisory Board about whether they would like to have an archive of the AB mailing list
# Martijn will prepare a brief orientation document for the AB and will ask then.
Martijn 2017-07-18 to look at the process of regular reporting by the Local Chapters to the board and vice versa
Mikel 2018-04-19 to handle emailing and getting quotes from CiviCRM experts, in relation to our recent CiviCRM issues
Mikel/Paul 2018-03-15 to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications
Mikel 2018-01-25 to work on potential updates on the circulars' procedure to vote on
# This is now linked to the 2018-05-24 Action Item about modifications to the Board Rules of Order
Mikel 2017-08-24 to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the Welcome Mat
Mikel 2016-08-19 to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy
Paul 2017-02-21 to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted
# Was Peter's
Peter 2017-04-18 to make a list of requirements for email self-hosting and discuss them with the Operations Working Group
Topics: Belgium LC app. | GDPR upd. | F2F upd. | AB upd. | AOB: Welcome Mat | Board rules mods. | Finances auditor | Guests: Welcome Mat | LC WG

Belgium Local Chapter application

OpenStreetMap Belgium has applied to become the OSMF Local Chapter for Belgium. All necessary documents and translations have been received. The local and membership consultation period has ended. Local consultation: OSM-talk-be, forum.osm.org - users: Belgium, OSM-BE on Matrix: 1 and 2. Membership consultation.

Related discussion: Sep 2017

Lead: Martijn
  • Feedback encouraging
  • Some pending translations (post meeting addition: these had been submitted ), but they don't have any fundamental impact

Voting

Accept Belgian LC application
OpenStreetMap Belgium has applied to become the OSMF Local Chapter for Belgium.
Unanimously accepted

Action item: Martijn to notify the OSM-BE board about their new status as an official OSMF Local Chapter and follow up

Topics: Belgium LC app. | GDPR upd. | F2F upd. | AB upd. | AOB: Welcome Mat | Board rules mods. | Finances auditor | Guests: Welcome Mat | LC WG

GDPR preparation update

The General Data Protection Regulation will come into effect May 25, 2018. The Licensing Working Group (LWG) has asked for feedback on a document with a set of recommendations. The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have also been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April).

Related LWG discussions: Apr 2018, Mar 2018, Feb 2018, Nov 2017, Sep 2017, July 2017
Related Board discussions: Apr 2018, Mar 2018, Feb 2018

  • Matt and Andy Allan hinted they aren't available as contractors, but might be available on their spare time
  • Tickets have been opened
  • Broad consensus on making the changes as suggested by the LWG
  • Some detailed implementation questions remain

Suggestion

  • Ask the Operations Working Group (OWG) to make filedumps without and with metadata available, without access restrictions at the moment

Privacy policy

LWG drafted replacement of current privacy policy (similar to old one). Two versions (1, 2).
Stripped down version doesn't have information on:

  • retention times that the OWG will decide on
  • wiki, forum/mailing lists admin and what to do when someone wants their account deleted

Decision
Board will vote via circular on the stripped-down version of Privacy Policy. This will be amended in the future.

Terms of Use

Draft Terms of Use for website and API available - final version in a couple of weeks.

Topics: Belgium LC app. | GDPR upd. | F2F upd. | AB upd. | AOB: Welcome Mat | Board rules mods. | Finances auditor | Guests: Welcome Mat | LC WG

F2F blogpost, sharing actions

The Board had a face to face meeting in Karlsruhe.

Related: osmf-talk message

  • Peter has drafted a blogpost about Face-to-Face meeting (Post-meeting addition: published)
  • Mikel and Peter will discuss a suggested modification
  • Notes from the F2F will be complete during the next week
Topics: Belgium LC app. | GDPR upd. | F2F upd. | AB upd. | AOB: Welcome Mat | Board rules mods. | Finances auditor | Guests: Welcome Mat | LC WG

Advisory Board - monthly update

The Advisory Board (AB) is an entity separate from the OSMF board of directors, composed of individuals - either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose.

AB related Board discussions:
2018 Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan
2017 Oct, May (F2F), Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan

Lead: Martijn
  • Advisory Board members were consulted on the content of the Welcome Mat draft
  • Swiss OSM has a new AB representative
  • The new Belgian Local Chapter will be asked to select their AB representative
Topics: Belgium LC app. | GDPR upd. | F2F upd. | AB upd. | AOB: Welcome Mat | Board rules mods. | Finances auditor | Guests: Welcome Mat | LC WG

Any other business

Welcome Mat

  • Advisory Board members were consulted on the content of the Welcome Mat draft
  • The AB is considered to have an internal interface only. This will be reflected on the Welcome Mat text.

Next steps

  • Where to link to the Welcome Mat from
  • Dissemination plan

Modifications of Board Rules of Order

Board Rules of Order

  • Mikel created draft with updates mentioned during the recent F2F meeting

Pending issues:

  • how close sessions happen and if they have to be decided before the meeting
  • what happens with circulars if people fail to respond

Decision: All board members to provide feedback on the draft - aim for 2 weeks (7th of June). Then update the draft and do a circular.

Volunteer auditor for 2017 finances

Thomas Barris, who has asked financial related questions on osmf-talk, has agreed to attempt a volunteer audit of the 2017 finances and possibly provide a report to the membership.

Topics: Belgium LC app. | GDPR upd. | F2F upd. | AB upd. | AOB: Welcome Mat | Board rules mods. | Finances auditor | Guests: Welcome Mat | LC WG

Guest comments or questions

Welcome Mat comment

Suggestion by Imagico (guest), that since the Welcome Mat is on a public repository, to think of ways to involve the membership before it's finalised.

> The text probably needs some updates before wider dissemination.

Local Chapters' Working Group question

Question by Douglas (guest), who asked for an update about the Local Chapters' Working Group, as there are some interested OSM communities in Africa.

> The Local Chapter Working Group is currently inactive. Communities that want to become a Local Chapter can read the wiki and contact secretary@osmfoundation.org

Topics: Belgium LC app. | GDPR upd. | F2F upd. | AB upd. | AOB: Welcome Mat | Board rules mods. | Finances auditor | Guests: Welcome Mat | LC WG

Next meeting

Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

The next monthly board meeting will be on the 21st of June, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end