- 1 Participants
- 2 Administrative
- 3 Belgium Local Chapter application
- 4 GDPR preparation update
- 5 F2F blogpost, sharing actions
- 6 Advisory Board - monthly update
- 7 Any other business
- 8 Guest comments or questions
- 9 Next meeting
- Kate Chapman (Chairperson)
- Peter Barth
- Martijn van Exel
- Mikel Maron
- Paul Norman
- Heather Leson
- Frederik Ramm
- 8 guests
Open to all OSMF members.
Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.
- Board/Minutes/2018-04-19 Accepted
Previous action items
The list is sortable and collapsible. Updates are in blue.
|Name||Date||Action item and status|
|All||2018-05-24||to provide feedback on the draft with the modifications to the Board rules of Order, ideally before the 7th of June|
|All||2018-03-15||to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page|
|All||2018-02-15||to clean-up the SotM draft policy document|
|All||2017-11-16||to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions|
|Frederik||2018-04-19||to do a short writeup regarding the recent CiviCRM issues, which will be sent to experts who might be able to help|
# 2018-04-20 Update: CiviDiscount has been fixed by Tom.
|Frederik/Paul||2016-05-28||to prepare transparency document from transparency session|
|Kate||2018-02-15||to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website|
|Kate||2018-01-18||to initiate discussion about 2018 priorities over email|
|Kate||2018-01-18||to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan|
|Kate||2017-08-24||to write to the Advisory Board list about microgrants|
|Kate/Martijn||2016-05-28|| to draft diversity policy |
# No progress to report. Low priority.
|Martijn||2017-11-16||to create the draft of the microgrants policy, separating it from the attempted combined draft with the updated travel policy|
|Martijn||2017-10-26|| to raise the question to the Advisory Board about whether they would like to have an archive of the AB mailing list|
# Martijn will prepare a brief orientation document for the AB and will ask then.
|Martijn||2017-07-18|| to look at the process of regular reporting by the Local Chapters to the board and vice versa |
|Mikel||2018-04-19||to handle emailing and getting quotes from CiviCRM experts, in relation to our recent CiviCRM issues|
|Mikel/Paul||2018-03-15|| to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists. |
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications
|Mikel||2018-01-25|| to work on potential updates on the circulars' procedure to vote on |
# This is now linked to the 2018-05-24 Action Item about modifications to the Board Rules of Order
|Mikel||2017-08-24||to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the Welcome Mat|
|Mikel||2016-08-19||to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal|
|Paul||2018-04-19||to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy|
|Paul||2017-02-21||to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions|
|Paul||2016-10-28|| to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted |
# Was Peter's
|Peter||2017-04-18||to make a list of requirements for email self-hosting and discuss them with the Operations Working Group|
Belgium Local Chapter application
|OpenStreetMap Belgium has applied to become the OSMF Local Chapter for Belgium. All necessary documents and translations have been received. The local and membership consultation period has ended. Local consultation: OSM-talk-be, forum.osm.org - users: Belgium, OSM-BE on Matrix: 1 and 2. Membership consultation. |
Related discussion: Sep 2017
- Feedback encouraging
- Some pending translations (post meeting addition: these had been submitted ), but they don't have any fundamental impact
|Accept Belgian LC application|
|OpenStreetMap Belgium has applied to become the OSMF Local Chapter for Belgium.|
Action item: Martijn to notify the OSM-BE board about their new status as an official OSMF Local Chapter and follow up
GDPR preparation update
The General Data Protection Regulation will come into effect May 25, 2018. The Licensing Working Group (LWG) has asked for feedback on a document with a set of recommendations. The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have also been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April).
- Matt and Andy Allan hinted they aren't available as contractors, but might be available on their spare time
- Tickets have been opened
- Broad consensus on making the changes as suggested by the LWG
- Some detailed implementation questions remain
- Ask the Operations Working Group (OWG) to make filedumps without and with metadata available, without access restrictions at the moment
- retention times that the OWG will decide on
- wiki, forum/mailing lists admin and what to do when someone wants their account deleted
F2F blogpost, sharing actions
|The Board had a face to face meeting in Karlsruhe.|
Related: osmf-talk message
- Peter has drafted a blogpost about Face-to-Face meeting (Post-meeting addition: published)
- Mikel and Peter will discuss a suggested modification
- Notes from the F2F will be complete during the next week
Advisory Board - monthly update
|The Advisory Board (AB) is an entity separate from the OSMF board of directors, composed of individuals - either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. |
- Advisory Board members were consulted on the content of the Welcome Mat draft
- Swiss OSM has a new AB representative
- The new Belgian Local Chapter will be asked to select their AB representative
Any other business
- Advisory Board members were consulted on the content of the Welcome Mat draft
- The AB is considered to have an internal interface only. This will be reflected on the Welcome Mat text.
- Where to link to the Welcome Mat from
- Dissemination plan
Modifications of Board Rules of Order
- Mikel created draft with updates mentioned during the recent F2F meeting
- how close sessions happen and if they have to be decided before the meeting
- what happens with circulars if people fail to respond
Decision: All board members to provide feedback on the draft - aim for 2 weeks (7th of June). Then update the draft and do a circular.
Volunteer auditor for 2017 finances
Thomas Barris, who has asked financial related questions on osmf-talk, has agreed to attempt a volunteer audit of the 2017 finances and possibly provide a report to the membership.
Guest comments or questions
Welcome Mat comment
Suggestion by Imagico (guest), that since the Welcome Mat is on a public repository, to think of ways to involve the membership before it's finalised.
> The text probably needs some updates before wider dissemination.
Local Chapters' Working Group question
Question by Douglas (guest), who asked for an update about the Local Chapters' Working Group, as there are some interested OSM communities in Africa.
> The Local Chapter Working Group is currently inactive. Communities that want to become a Local Chapter can read the wiki and contact email@example.com
Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.
The next monthly board meeting will be on the 21st of June, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.