- 1 Participants
- 2 Administrative
- 3 Action Item updates
- 4 Current Local Chapter Applications
- 5 FOSS policy compliance
- 6 Advisory Board - monthly update
- 7 Any other business
- 8 Guest comments or questions
- 9 Next meeting
Open to all OSMF members.
Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.
- Kate Chapman (Apologies)
2018/Res8 Authorize LWG to publish privacy statement
|2018/Res8 Authorize LWG to publish privacy statement|
|The GDPR requires that we explain to users how, and on what legal grounds, we process their data. This means we’ll have to have a “privacy statement” on our public-facing pages. The Licensing Working Group has prepared a preliminary version which is still missing some concrete details about log file retention but is good to publish. Suggestion to authorize LWG to publish this version, and also future updates unless they make significant changes in which case they would be expected to show them to us first.|
| Unanimously accepted 2018-06-10|
2018/Res9 Fund Dorothea's travel to SotM
|2018/Res9 Fund Dorothea's travel to SotM|
|Proposal to fund Dorothea's travel to State of the Map 2018.|
| Accepted 2018-06-16 with ultimately 5 votes in favour: Frederik Ramm, Heather Leson, Kate Chapman, Martijn van Exel, Mikel Maron |
Disagreed 2: Peter Barth, Paul Norman
Previous action items
The list is sortable and collapsible. Updates are in blue.
|Name||Date||Action item and status|
|All||2018-05-24||to provide feedback on the draft with the modifications to the Board rules of Order, ideally before the 7th of June|
|All||2018-03-15||to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page|
|All||2018-02-15||to clean-up the SotM draft policy document|
|All||2017-11-16||to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions|
|Frederik||2018-04-19||to do a short writeup regarding the recent CiviCRM issues, which will be sent to experts who might be able to help|
# 2018-04-20 Update: CiviDiscount has been fixed by Tom.
|Frederik/Paul||2016-05-28||to prepare transparency document from transparency session|
|Kate||2018-02-15||to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website|
|Kate||2018-01-18||to initiate discussion about 2018 priorities over email|
|Kate||2018-01-18||to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan|
|Kate||2017-08-24||to write to the Advisory Board list about microgrants|
|Kate/Martijn||2016-05-28||to draft diversity policy |
# No progress to report. Low priority.
|Martijn||2017-11-16||to create the draft of the microgrants policy, separating it from the attempted combined draft with the updated travel policy|
|Martijn||2017-10-26||to raise the question to the Advisory Board about whether they would like to have an archive of the AB mailing list|
# Martijn will prepare a brief orientation document for the AB and will ask then.
|Martijn||2017-07-18||to look at the process of regular reporting by the Local Chapters to the board and vice versa |
|Mikel||2018-04-19||to handle emailing and getting quotes from CiviCRM experts, in relation to our recent CiviCRM issues|
|Mikel/Paul||2018-03-15||to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists. |
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications
|Mikel||2018-01-25||to work on potential updates on the circulars' procedure to vote on |
# This is now linked to the 2018-05-24 Action Item about modifications to the Board Rules of Order
|Mikel||2017-08-24||to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the Welcome Mat|
|Mikel||2016-08-19||to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal|
|Paul||2018-04-19||to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy|
|Paul||2017-02-21||to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions|
|Paul||2016-10-28||to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted |
# Was Peter's
|Peter||2017-04-18||to make a list of requirements for email self-hosting and discuss them with the Operations Working Group|
Action Item updates
Current Local Chapter Applications
|Current applications are listed here.|
We have received an email from The Gambia YMCA Computer Training Center & Digital Studio expressing interest to become a Local Chapter for the Gambia. They submitted some initial documents. The board has discussed the application and followed up with questions, since there can be only one official Local Chapter for The Gambia, and we want to make sure that there is an established track record of activities building and supporting the OSM community. A reply has been received mentioning future mapping related plans (engaging the Social Security and Housing Corporation, talks with the National Water and Electricity Company on mapping of water points and the first mapping event that will take place at the end of June/first week of July). Discussion about next steps.
FOSS policy compliance
| The OSMF Free and Open Source Software Policy requires us to re-evaluate the use of hosted or closed-source software every two years with a view to changing to a FOSS solution if practical. The policy was devised to guide, but not mandate, software choices for work within the OpenStreetMap Foundation Board, Working Groups, and other OSMF bodies. Here are some examples of software choices made by the Board:
Related discussion: Sep 2017
Advisory Board - monthly update
|The Advisory Board (AB) is an entity separate from the OSMF board of directors, composed of individuals - either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. |
Any other business
Guest comments or questions
Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.
The next monthly board meeting will be on the 19th of July, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.