Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2018-09-20"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
m (+ AB update (addition of OSM-BE LC representative))
(+ previous action items)
Line 24: Line 24:
   
 
=== Previous action items ===
 
=== Previous action items ===
  +
  +
  +
''The list is sortable and collapsible. New items or updates are in blue.''
  +
  +
{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible sortable"
  +
! Name
  +
! Date
  +
! Action item and status
  +
|-
  +
| All
  +
| 2018-03-15
  +
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Board_reminder.2Fcommunications_about_etiquette_guidelines to send] a reminder about [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] guidelines on [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk], [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk talk] & facebook page.
  +
|-
  +
| All
  +
| 2018-02-15
  +
| to [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#State_of_the_Map_Policy clean-up] the SotM draft policy document.
  +
|-
  +
| All
  +
| 2017-11-16
  +
| to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meetings Annual General Meeting], encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
  +
|-
  +
| <font color="blue">Frederik</font>
  +
| <font color="blue">2018-08-16</font>
  +
| <font color="blue"> to draft [[Board/Minutes/2018-08-16#Request_for_proposals_related_to_API_changes |a call for proposals related to API suggested changes]], which will be sent to board except Paul.</font>
  +
|-
  +
| Frederik/Paul
  +
| 2016-05-28
  +
| to prepare transparency document from [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2016-05_F2F#Committing_to_Greater_Transparency transparency session].
  +
|-
  +
| Kate
  +
| 2018-02-15
  +
| to follow up with Grant about the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#openstreetmap.org_added_to_Easylist technical workaround] of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
  +
|-
  +
| Kate
  +
| 2018-01-18
  +
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Board/Minutes/2018-01-18&action=submit#Taking_a_stand to update] the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette etiquette] and add a reporting plan.
  +
|-
  +
| Kate
  +
| 2017-08-24
  +
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-08-24#Question_about_any_decision_on_microgrants to write] to the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board Advisory Board] list about microgrants.
  +
|-
  +
| <font color="blue">Martijn/Kate</font>
  +
| <font color="blue">2018-08-16</font>
  +
| <font color="blue">to coordinate and contact our pro-bono lawyer about potentially offering [[Board/Minutes/2018-08-16#Extended_OSMF_membership|lifelong OSMF memberships]].</font>
  +
|-
  +
| Martijn
  +
| 2018-06-21
  +
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-06-21#Criteria_for_becoming_a_Local_Chapter| initiate discussion]] on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk mailing list] about refining the Local Chapter criteria. Suggested period for discussion: two weeks.
  +
|-
  +
| Mikel/Paul
  +
| 2018-03-15
  +
| [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Board_reminder.2Fcommunications_about_etiquette_guidelines to look] at the ten most active [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo mailing lists] and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists. <br> # ''2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications''.
  +
|-
  +
| Mikel
  +
| 2017-08-24
  +
| to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-08-24#Welcome_Mat_progress_-_next_steps Welcome Mat].
  +
|-
  +
| Mikel
  +
| 2016-08-19
  +
| to send [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2016-08-19#Next_steps_for_a_Diversity_Policy round bullet points] on diversity policy proposal.
  +
|-
  +
| <font color="blue">Heather/Martijn</font>
  +
| <font color="blue">2018-08-16</font>
  +
| <font color="blue">to coordinate with other board members and [[Board/Minutes/2018-08-16#Microgrants_update |start a series of weekly or fortnightly working sessions on microgrants]] after September 3rd.</font>
  +
|-
  +
| Heather
  +
| 2018-06-21
  +
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-06-21#FOSS_policy_compliance| check]] check software/services evaluation templates of other organisations. Related to our FOSS policy.
  +
|-
  +
| Paul
  +
| 2018-04-19
  +
| to [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#FOSS_Policy document] the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
  +
|-
  +
| Paul
  +
| 2017-02-21
  +
| to separate the State of the Map (SotM) [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-02-21#SotM_net_profit net profit] discussion items and start the follow-up discussions.
  +
|-
  +
| Paul
  +
| 2016-10-28
  +
| to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted. <br> # ''Was Peter's''
  +
|-
  +
| Peter
  +
| 2017-04-18
  +
| to make a list of requirements for [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-04-18#Email_hosting email self-hosting] and discuss them with the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Operations_Working_Group Operations Working Group].
  +
|-
  +
|}
   
 
== Action Item updates ==
 
== Action Item updates ==

Revision as of 23:49, 22 August 2018

Draft Page
Location: Mumble, Thursday 20th of September, at 21:00 London time

Participants

Board members

Biographies

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible. New items or updates are in blue.

Name Date Action item and status
All 2018-03-15 to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page.
All 2018-02-15 to clean-up the SotM draft policy document.
All 2017-11-16 to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
Frederik 2018-08-16 to draft a call for proposals related to API suggested changes, which will be sent to board except Paul.
Frederik/Paul 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session.
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan.
Kate 2017-08-24 to write to the Advisory Board list about microgrants.
Martijn/Kate 2018-08-16 to coordinate and contact our pro-bono lawyer about potentially offering lifelong OSMF memberships.
Martijn 2018-06-21 to initiate discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about refining the Local Chapter criteria. Suggested period for discussion: two weeks.
Mikel/Paul 2018-03-15 to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications.
Mikel 2017-08-24 to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the Welcome Mat.
Mikel 2016-08-19 to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal.
Heather/Martijn 2018-08-16 to coordinate with other board members and start a series of weekly or fortnightly working sessions on microgrants after September 3rd.
Heather 2018-06-21 to check check software/services evaluation templates of other organisations. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2017-02-21 to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions.
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted.
# Was Peter's
Peter 2017-04-18 to make a list of requirements for email self-hosting and discuss them with the Operations Working Group.

Action Item updates

GDPR preparation update

The General Data Protection Regulation came into effect May 25, 2018. The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April). The Licensing Working Group published a document with a set of recommendations, the privacy statement and is working on other documents, such as the Terms of Use.

Related LWG discussions: 2018 Jun, May, Apr, Mar, Feb, 2017 Nov, Sep, Jul
Related Board discussions: 2018 Aug, Jul, Jun, May, Apr, Mar, Feb

Advisory Board - monthly update

The Advisory Board members are separate from the OSMF board of directors - individuals are either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB members. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. Overview.

AB related Board discussions:
2018 Aug, Jul, Jun, May, Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan
2017 Oct, May (F2F), Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan

Lead: Martijn

Any other business

Guest comments or questions

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Next meeting

Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

The next monthly board meeting will be on the 18th of October, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end