Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2018-09-20"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(+ previous action items)
(+ topics)
Line 1: Line 1:
<font color="red">Draft Page</font>
+
<font color="red">Draft Agenda</font>
 
<br/>
 
<br/>
 
Location: [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble], '''Thursday''' '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+September+2018&iso=20180920T21&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 20th of September, at 21:00 London time]'''
 
Location: [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble], '''Thursday''' '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+September+2018&iso=20180920T21&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 20th of September, at 21:00 London time]'''
Line 91: Line 91:
 
| Heather
 
| Heather
 
| 2018-06-21
 
| 2018-06-21
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-06-21#FOSS_policy_compliance| check]] check software/services evaluation templates of other organisations. Related to our FOSS policy.
+
| to [[Board/Minutes/2018-06-21#FOSS_policy_compliance| check]] software/services evaluation templates of other organisations. Related to our FOSS policy.
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Paul
 
| Paul
Line 112: Line 112:
   
 
== Action Item updates ==
 
== Action Item updates ==
  +
  +
== Draft Non-Disclosure Agreement ==
  +
{| class="wikitable"
  +
|-
  +
|''The [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) has asked the board to review the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/b/b9/Draft_NDA_version_20180911.pdf draft version of the Non-Disclosure Agreement] that they are are proposing for [[Working_Groups| working group]] members.
  +
|-
  +
|}
  +
  +
== Organised editing guidelines ==
  +
{| class="wikitable"
  +
|-
  +
|''There is an increased interest on OSM from corporations who have employees that edit in their daytime. This might create communication problems between paid and volunteer mappers, or even an imbalance of power. Out of this situation the question arises on how to regulate this to ensure fair play. ''
  +
  +
''The [[Data_Working_Group| Data Working Group]] (DWG) has developed a set of [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/1/13/Organised_editing_guidelines_version_20180908.pdf organised editing guidelines], after integrating a lot of feedback from the [[Advisory_Board| advisory board members]], the humanitarian mapping initiatives and the mapping community. ''
  +
  +
'' '''Timeline''':''<br>
  +
  +
* ''2017-04 The board had asked the DWG to work on a corporate editing policy, in a manner that it has sufficient community input, and before anything is decided to come back to the board.''
  +
* ''2017-09 The views of the community members were collected through a DWG [[Data_Working_Group/Results_of_Organised_Editing_Survey_2017| survey]].''
  +
* ''2017-11 The DWG issued a [[Directed_Editing_Policy| draft Directed Editing policy]].''
  +
* ''2017-11 There was [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2017-November/004352.html discussion] on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk] mailing list.''
  +
* ''2017-12 [[Advisory_Board| Advisory Board members]] proposed an [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organized_Editing_Best_Practice alternative version].''
  +
* ''2017-04 to 2018-09 Ongoing work by the DWG.
  +
* ''2018-09 The [[Data_Working_Group| DWG]] sent to the board a [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/1/13/Organised_editing_guidelines_version_20180908.pdf document with organised editing guidelines], after integrating a lot of feedback to reflect consensus and existing good practice. ''
  +
  +
''Previous board discussions: 2018 [[Board/Minutes/2018-01-25#Directed_Editing_Policy| Jan]], 2017 [[Board/Minutes/2017-07-18#Corporate_editing_policy_-_seek_public_input| Jul]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-06-20#Corporate_editing_policy_survey| Jun]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-04-18#Corporate_map_editing_policy| Apr]]''
  +
|-
  +
|}
  +
  +
== Risk response plan ==
  +
{| class="wikitable"
  +
|-
  +
|''Developing a toolkit for rapid responses for our [[Working_Groups| working groups]] and the board.''
  +
|-
  +
|}
   
 
== GDPR preparation update ==
 
== GDPR preparation update ==
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|-
|''The [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation General Data Protection Regulation] came into effect May 25, 2018. The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April). The [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_Working_Group Licensing Working Group] published a document with a set of recommendations, the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/GDPR_Privacy_Statement_WIP_Version privacy statement] and is working on other documents, such as the Terms of Use.
+
|''The [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation General Data Protection Regulation] came into effect May 25, 2018. The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April). The [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_Working_Group Licensing Working Group] published a document with a set of recommendations, the [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/GDPR_Privacy_Statement_WIP_Version privacy statement] and is working on other documents, such as the [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xtPjrTj09vQLloKmzyf-H-5mKtqh-vbPjsxE-5YRF5g/edit?usp=sharing Terms of Use].
   
 
''Related LWG discussions: 2018 [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZHqr3cpscHfjyhLW6A1tCN6RXuXVE7qjmjPgOUzELR0/ Jun], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pLIHcsLv4lU4nQjFM_mwwsourC6Kh9lgw4mbGA0U6w8 May], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZFVNl9kcYIatz2I5Ya_O6mBJhqBBPOJKtbE_GdXifwA/ Apr], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O_LUtdSNmpyIk4jG0iE831_p1qHatCH_cnZ3L5C2dmU/ Mar], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LoPP65QymwX2hmD8iQh5XTFMyOK9pDA60zDo5z0Eq_c/ Feb], 2017 [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LLL-XVCvdqY7QjAElNyakE0i2DqRYC66vsqAn6KyqmA/ Nov], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rnNgRe_-cTc4WIcChdcYoc0Ksa_dAqOoDIa9NURnGvI/ Sep], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k7vuGOyb2vhEDu-j1821phzXPPtcqIppfYHvjQeG8hY/ Jul]''<br>
 
''Related LWG discussions: 2018 [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZHqr3cpscHfjyhLW6A1tCN6RXuXVE7qjmjPgOUzELR0/ Jun], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pLIHcsLv4lU4nQjFM_mwwsourC6Kh9lgw4mbGA0U6w8 May], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZFVNl9kcYIatz2I5Ya_O6mBJhqBBPOJKtbE_GdXifwA/ Apr], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O_LUtdSNmpyIk4jG0iE831_p1qHatCH_cnZ3L5C2dmU/ Mar], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LoPP65QymwX2hmD8iQh5XTFMyOK9pDA60zDo5z0Eq_c/ Feb], 2017 [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LLL-XVCvdqY7QjAElNyakE0i2DqRYC66vsqAn6KyqmA/ Nov], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rnNgRe_-cTc4WIcChdcYoc0Ksa_dAqOoDIa9NURnGvI/ Sep], [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k7vuGOyb2vhEDu-j1821phzXPPtcqIppfYHvjQeG8hY/ Jul]''<br>
Line 134: Line 169:
   
 
* Joost Schouppe has joined the AB as the representative of [http://www.osm.be/ OpenStreetMap Belgium], our new [[Local_Chapters |Local Chapter]].
 
* Joost Schouppe has joined the AB as the representative of [http://www.osm.be/ OpenStreetMap Belgium], our new [[Local_Chapters |Local Chapter]].
  +
* Apple no longer has an AB seat, as their Corporate Membership has expired.
   
 
== Any other business ==
 
== Any other business ==

Revision as of 18:09, 12 September 2018

Draft Agenda
Location: Mumble, Thursday 20th of September, at 21:00 London time

Participants

Board members

Biographies

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible. New items or updates are in blue.

Name Date Action item and status
All 2018-03-15 to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page.
All 2018-02-15 to clean-up the SotM draft policy document.
All 2017-11-16 to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
Frederik 2018-08-16 to draft a call for proposals related to API suggested changes, which will be sent to board except Paul.
Frederik/Paul 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session.
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan.
Kate 2017-08-24 to write to the Advisory Board list about microgrants.
Martijn/Kate 2018-08-16 to coordinate and contact our pro-bono lawyer about potentially offering lifelong OSMF memberships.
Martijn 2018-06-21 to initiate discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about refining the Local Chapter criteria. Suggested period for discussion: two weeks.
Mikel/Paul 2018-03-15 to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications.
Mikel 2017-08-24 to send email on the list to find businesses that would like to offer input on the Welcome Mat.
Mikel 2016-08-19 to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal.
Heather/Martijn 2018-08-16 to coordinate with other board members and start a series of weekly or fortnightly working sessions on microgrants after September 3rd.
Heather 2018-06-21 to check software/services evaluation templates of other organisations. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2017-02-21 to separate the State of the Map (SotM) net profit discussion items and start the follow-up discussions.
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted.
# Was Peter's
Peter 2017-04-18 to make a list of requirements for email self-hosting and discuss them with the Operations Working Group.

Action Item updates

Draft Non-Disclosure Agreement

The Licensing Working Group (LWG) has asked the board to review the draft version of the Non-Disclosure Agreement that they are are proposing for working group members.

Organised editing guidelines

There is an increased interest on OSM from corporations who have employees that edit in their daytime. This might create communication problems between paid and volunteer mappers, or even an imbalance of power. Out of this situation the question arises on how to regulate this to ensure fair play.

The Data Working Group (DWG) has developed a set of organised editing guidelines, after integrating a lot of feedback from the advisory board members, the humanitarian mapping initiatives and the mapping community.

Timeline:

Previous board discussions: 2018 Jan, 2017 Jul, Jun, Apr

Risk response plan

Developing a toolkit for rapid responses for our working groups and the board.

GDPR preparation update

The General Data Protection Regulation came into effect May 25, 2018. The necessary steps for GDPR preparation have been discussed during the recent Face-to-Face board meeting (28-29 April). The Licensing Working Group published a document with a set of recommendations, the privacy statement and is working on other documents, such as the Terms of Use.

Related LWG discussions: 2018 Jun, May, Apr, Mar, Feb, 2017 Nov, Sep, Jul
Related Board discussions: 2018 Aug, Jul, Jun, May, Apr, Mar, Feb

Advisory Board - monthly update

The Advisory Board members are separate from the OSMF board of directors - individuals are either nominated by corporate members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB members. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. Overview.

AB related Board discussions:
2018 Aug, Jul, Jun, May, Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan
2017 Oct, May (F2F), Apr, Mar, Feb, Jan

Lead: Martijn
  • Joost Schouppe has joined the AB as the representative of OpenStreetMap Belgium, our new Local Chapter.
  • Apple no longer has an AB seat, as their Corporate Membership has expired.

Any other business

Guest comments or questions

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Next meeting

Meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

The next monthly board meeting will be on the 18th of October, at 21:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end