Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2019-04-24"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
m (+ closed portion: "Next steps on GlobalLogic")
m (Closed portion: moved towards the start of the meeting, added reasoning and info. + topic "Agenda building and action items")
Line 113: Line 113:
   
 
== Action Item updates ==
 
== Action Item updates ==
  +
  +
  +
== Closed portion of meeting ==
  +
=== Next steps on GlobalLogic ===
  +
{| role="presentation" class="wikitable"
  +
|-
  +
|''Reason for closed portion: We need to talk about the practicalities of cancelling the memberships. For people who do not have all the details, our words about this can be confusing and lead to the wrong conclusions. Therefore we would like to be able to discuss this freely without worrying about how this might be misunderstood. In fact, a conclusion of this conversation might be that we need to ask GL to issue a detailed statement.''
  +
  +
''Please note that the [[Membership_Working_Group|Membership Working Group]] was invited to participate in part of the closed portion. ''<br>
  +
''Suggestion:''<br>
  +
''* 15 minutes board only discussion.''<br>
  +
''* 15 minutes board and MWG discussion.''
  +
  +
''[[100_new_OSMF_membership_accounts_on_2018.11.15| Background here]]''<br>
  +
  +
''Status: The board [[Board/Minutes/2019-02-20#Voting|has accepted (in February)]] GL's offer to withdraw the memberships. Mechanics of removing memberships will be worked out with the [[Membership_Working_Group|MWG]]. The board can facilitate, if needed. A GL representative has contacted the board about part of the process, a potential next step and the contact information of a GL manager.''
  +
|-
  +
|}
  +
  +
== Agenda building and action items ==
  +
{| role="presentation" class="wikitable"
  +
|-
  +
|''The board is migrating its issue tracker to GitLab. Discussion on building the agenda and on the "action items" list. Some suggestions regarding the later were to start setting deadlines, mark off some of the open items and the new members to take up some of the tasks.
  +
|-
  +
| ''Lead: Joost''
  +
|}
   
 
== Advisory Board - monthly update ==
 
== Advisory Board - monthly update ==
Line 122: Line 148:
 
''2018 [[Board/Minutes/2018-01-25#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jan]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Feb]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Mar]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Apr]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-05-24#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| May]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-06-21#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jun]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-07-19#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jul]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-08-16#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Aug]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Sep]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-10-18#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Oct]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Dec]]''<br>
 
''2018 [[Board/Minutes/2018-01-25#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jan]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Feb]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Mar]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Apr]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-05-24#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| May]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-06-21#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jun]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-07-19#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jul]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-08-16#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Aug]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Sep]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-10-18#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Oct]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Dec]]''<br>
 
''2017 [[Board/Minutes/2017-01-17#Setting_up_the_Advisory_Board| Jan]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-02-21#Advisory_Board_-_Update| Feb]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-03-21#Advisory_Board| Mar]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-04-18#Advisory_Board_.28Update.29| Apr]], [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/06/27/summary-of-boards-face-to-face-meeting/ May] (F2F), [[Board/Minutes/2017-10-26#Advisory_Board_on-boarding| Oct]] ''
 
''2017 [[Board/Minutes/2017-01-17#Setting_up_the_Advisory_Board| Jan]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-02-21#Advisory_Board_-_Update| Feb]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-03-21#Advisory_Board| Mar]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-04-18#Advisory_Board_.28Update.29| Apr]], [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/06/27/summary-of-boards-face-to-face-meeting/ May] (F2F), [[Board/Minutes/2017-10-26#Advisory_Board_on-boarding| Oct]] ''
|-
 
|}
 
 
== Closed portion of meeting ==
 
=== Next steps on GlobalLogic ===
 
{| role="presentation" class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|''[[100_new_OSMF_membership_accounts_on_2018.11.15| Background here]]
 
''Status: The board [[Board/Minutes/2019-02-20#Voting|has accepted (in February)]] GL's offer to withdraw the memberships. Mechanics of removing memberships will be worked out with the [[Membership_Working_Group|MWG]]. The board can facilitate, if needed. A GL representative has contacted the board about part of the process, a potential next step and the contact information of a GL manager.''
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 09:46, 23 April 2019

Draft agenda

Location: Channel "OSMF Board of Directors (Public)" on Mumble.
Date and time: Wednesday, 24th of April at 19:00 London time.
Countdown

Participants

Board members

Biographies

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

  • Kate Chapman (Apologies)

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible. New items or updates are in blue.

Name Date Action item and status
All 2018-03-15 to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page.
All 2018-02-15 to clean-up the SotM draft policy document.
All 2017-11-16 to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
Frederik 2019-02-20 Frederik to create a circular about accepting the proposed budget. Once accepted, the budget will be put up on the OSMF website.
Frederik 2018-12-20 to remind the GDPR tech. implementation call on mailing lists after the 7th of January.
Frederik 2018-09-20 to update Roland Olbricht, maintainer of the Overpass API (downstream data controller).
Frederik/Paul 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session.
Heather 2018-12-20 to draft email to start off discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism.
# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.
Heather 2018-06-21 to initiate discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about refining the Local Chapter criteria.
# Suggested period for discussion: two weeks. Was Martijn's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.
Kate 2019-02-20 Kate to follow up regarding GlobalLogic and co-ordinate with Heather about what to do.
# Done.
Kate 2019-03-20 Kate to follow-up with Gunner (facilitator), regarding the face-to-face board meeting.
Kate 2018-12-20 to write to the Data Working Group to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them.
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan.
Mikel/Paul 2018-03-15 to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications.
Mikel 2016-08-19 to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal.
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted.
# Was Peter's

Action Item updates

Closed portion of meeting

Next steps on GlobalLogic

Agenda building and action items

Advisory Board - monthly update

The Advisory Board members are separate from the OSMF board of directors - individuals are either nominated by Corporate Members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB members. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. Overview.

AB related updates and board discussions:
2019 Jan, Mar

2018 Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
2017 Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May (F2F), Oct

Any other business

Guest comments or questions

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Next meeting

Meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.
The next monthly board meeting will be on the 15th of May, at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end

Acronyms