Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2019-04-24"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(draft minutes)
m (Removed draft status, as minutes were accepted)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<div style="margin:2px 0;border:1px solid #9B9;background:#EFE;color:#000;padding:2px .5em;text-align:center">
 
<div style="margin:2px 0;border:1px solid #9B9;background:#EFE;color:#000;padding:2px .5em;text-align:center">
 
<font color="red">Draft minutes.</font><br>
 
   
 
Location: Channel "OSMF Board of Directors (Public)" on [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble].<br>
 
Location: Channel "OSMF Board of Directors (Public)" on [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble].<br>

Latest revision as of 19:21, 19 June 2019

Location: Channel "OSMF Board of Directors (Public)" on Mumble.
Date and time: Wednesday, 24th of April at 19:00 London time.
Countdown

Participants

Board members

  • Frederik Ramm
  • Heather Leson
  • Joost Schouppe (chaired the meeting)
  • Mikel Maron
  • Paul Norman (joined ~ 8 minutes after start)
  • Tobias Knerr

Biographies

Guests

  • 7 guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

  • Kate Chapman (Apologies)

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible. New items or updates are in blue.

Name Date Action item and status
All 2018-03-15 to send a reminder about etiquette guidelines on osmf-talk, talk & facebook page.
# To be removed.
All 2018-02-15 to clean-up the SotM draft policy document.
# Update:
  • Document needs more cleanup from SotM-WG and then to be sent to the board.
  • Decision: Mikel to put it on the agenda of the SotM-WG. It will be removed from here.
All 2017-11-16 to send an email to members, months in advance of the 2018 Annual General Meeting, encouraging them to discuss and perhaps propose their own resolutions.
# To be removed.
Frederik 2019-02-20 to create a circular about accepting the proposed budget. Once accepted, the budget will be put up on the OSMF website.
Frederik 2018-12-20 to remind the GDPR tech. implementation call on mailing lists after the 7th of January.
# No takers in OSM. Frederik has started to slowly work on the changes - which require other changes to be implemented first, so it might be difficult for outsider to give estimate of cost required. Frederik and Heather to schedule a call and invite other interested board members.
Frederik 2018-09-20 to update Roland Olbricht, maintainer of the Overpass API (downstream data controller).
Frederik/Paul 2016-05-28 to prepare transparency document from transparency session.
# Task of checking whether the decisions made in the 2016 face-to-face meeting regarding transparency (e.g. board meetings open to guests) would require amendments in documents (e.g. board rules of order). It is more an exercise of keeping things in order, rather than practical use. To be removed.
Heather 2018-12-20 to draft email to start off discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism.
# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.
Joost 2018-06-21 to initiate discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about refining the Local Chapter criteria.
# Suggested period for discussion: two weeks. Was Martijn's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20. Transferred to Joost on 2019-04-24
Kate< 2019-02-20 to follow up regarding GlobalLogic and co-ordinate with Heather about what to do.
# Done.
Kate 2019-03-20< to follow-up with Gunner (facilitator), regarding the face-to-face board meeting.
Kate 2018-12-20 to write to the Data Working Group to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them.
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan.
Mikel/Paul 2018-03-15 to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications.
Mikel 2016-08-19 to send round bullet points on diversity policy proposal.
# To be removed.
Paul 2019-04-24 to contact Gunner to get the community survey about the 2019 face-to-face board meeting topics set-up.
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted.
# Was Peter's

Agenda building and action items

  • Gitlab migration should be ready soon. Waiting some people to sign-up.
  • Action items updated above.

Advisory Board - monthly update

The Advisory Board members are separate from the OSMF board of directors - individuals are either nominated by Corporate Members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB members. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. Overview.

AB related updates and board discussions:
2019 Jan, Mar

2018 Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
2017 Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May (F2F), Oct

No updates.

Any other business

Update from facilitator of the upcoming face-to-face board meeting

Gunner (facilitator) aims to have a draft agenda by the end of next week.

Possible community survey

Suggestion: create survey to take input from broader community about priority topics for the retreat. Each person can be asked to:

  • list their top 1-2 issues that the board should prioritise - Responses to be published for transparency.
  • select whether they want their response to be public or not.
  • indicate whether they are an OSMF member or not (optional).
  • provide their OSM usernames (optional).

Gunner to take into account the responses into the agenda building process.


Survey format (compared to question posted on mailing list):

  • increased accessibility - surveys reach people who do not use mailing lists.
  • discourages debates and discussions.
  • may provide information regarding OSMF membership.

Action Item: Paul to contact Gunner to get the community survey set-up.

Board - Working Groups meeting at State of the Map

Proposal to have a not-too-long meeting between the board and the Working Groups during State of the Map 2019.

Suggestion: offer remote joining.

New insurance

  • Cost similar to old one.
  • Our new insurance might also cover members of Working Groups.

Guest comments or questions

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

No comments or questions.

Closed portion of meeting

Next steps on GlobalLogic

Discussion of further actions regarding the GL sign-up. Next step is obtaining a list of individuals from GL for unsubscribing.

Next meeting

Meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.
The next monthly board meeting will be on the 15th of May, at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end

Acronyms