Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2019-05-15"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
(Created page with "<div style="margin:2px 0;border:1px solid #9B9;background:#EFE;color:#000;padding:2px .5em;text-align:center"> <font color="red">Draft page.</font><br> Location: Channel "O...")
 
m (+note (meeting cancelled) & removed sections of page)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<div style="margin:2px 0;border:1px solid #9B9;background:#EFE;color:#000;padding:2px .5em;text-align:center">
 
<div style="margin:2px 0;border:1px solid #9B9;background:#EFE;color:#000;padding:2px .5em;text-align:center">
   
<font color="red">Draft page.</font><br>
+
<font color="red">The meeting was cancelled.</font>
   
Location: Channel "OSMF Board of Directors (Public)" on [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble].<br>
 
  +
The next monthly online board meeting will be on the '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+June+2019&iso=20190619T19&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 19th of June, at 19:00 London time]''', unless rescheduled.
Date and time: [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+May+2019&iso=20190515T19&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 15th of May, at 19:00 London time]. <br>
 
[https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=136&iso=20190515T19&msg=OSMF%20board%20meeting%20-%20Wednesday%2015%20May Countdown]<br>
 
 
</div>
 
</div>
== Participants ==
 
 
=== Board members ===
 
 
[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Board_Member_Bios&oldid=5992 Biographies]
 
 
=== Guests ===
 
 
Open to all OSMF members.
 
 
''Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble Mumble] chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.''
 
 
=== Not Present ===
 
 
   
 
== Administrative ==
 
== Administrative ==
Line 28: Line 12:
   
 
=== Circular Resolutions ===
 
=== Circular Resolutions ===
  +
''None''
   
 
=== Previous action items ===
 
=== Previous action items ===
Line 91: Line 76:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
 
== Action item updates ==
 
 
== Topics to be added ==
 
 
== Advisory Board - monthly update ==
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|''The [[Advisory_Board| Advisory Board]] members are separate from the OSMF board of directors - individuals are either nominated by [[Corporate_Members|Corporate Members]] of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors [https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board/Minutes/2017-01-17#Transparency will publicly] minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB members. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. [[Advisory_Board/Communication| Overview]].'' <br>
 
 
''AB related updates and board discussions: <br> 2019 [[Board/Minutes/2019-01-17#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jan]], [[Board/Minutes/2019-03-20#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Mar]]''<br>
 
''2018 [[Board/Minutes/2018-01-25#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jan]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-02-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Feb]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-03-15#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Mar]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-04-19#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Apr]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-05-24#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| May]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-06-21#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jun]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-07-19#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Jul]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-08-16#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Aug]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-09-20#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Sep]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-10-18#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Oct]], [[Board/Minutes/2018-12-20#Advisory_Board_-_monthly_update| Dec]]''<br>
 
''2017 [[Board/Minutes/2017-01-17#Setting_up_the_Advisory_Board| Jan]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-02-21#Advisory_Board_-_Update| Feb]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-03-21#Advisory_Board| Mar]], [[Board/Minutes/2017-04-18#Advisory_Board_.28Update.29| Apr]], [https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/06/27/summary-of-boards-face-to-face-meeting/ May] (F2F), [[Board/Minutes/2017-10-26#Advisory_Board_on-boarding| Oct]] ''
 
|-
 
|}
 
 
== Any other business ==
 
 
== Guest comments or questions ==
 
''Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps. ''
 
   
 
== Next meeting ==
 
== Next meeting ==
   
Meetings take place on the '''3rd Wednesday''' of the month, at '''19:00 London time''', unless rescheduled.<br>
+
Meetings take place on the '''3rd Wednesday''' of the month, at '''19:00 London time'''.<br>
 
The next monthly board meeting will be on the '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+June+2019&iso=20190619T19&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 19th of June, at 19:00 London time]''', unless rescheduled.
 
The next monthly board meeting will be on the '''[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OSMF+board+meeting+-+June+2019&iso=20190619T19&p1=136&ah=1%2021:0 19th of June, at 19:00 London time]''', unless rescheduled.
 
'''Meeting end'''<br>
 
   
 
[[Acronyms]]
 
[[Acronyms]]

Latest revision as of 21:08, 12 May 2019

The meeting was cancelled.

The next monthly online board meeting will be on the 19th of June, at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

None

Previous action items

The list is sortable and collapsible. New items or updates are in blue.

Name Date Action item and status
Frederik 2019-02-20 to create a circular about accepting the proposed budget. Once accepted, the budget will be put up on the OSMF website.
Frederik 2018-12-20 to remind the GDPR tech. implementation call on mailing lists after the 7th of January.
# No takers in OSM. Frederik has started to slowly work on the changes - which require other changes to be implemented first, so it might be difficult for outsider to give estimate of cost required. Frederik and Heather to schedule a call and invite other interested board members (done).
Frederik 2018-09-20 to update Roland Olbricht, maintainer of the Overpass API (downstream data controller).
Heather 2018-12-20 to draft email to start off discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about developing guidance for our involvement in politics/activism.
# Was Peter's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20.
Joost 2018-06-21 to initiate discussion on the osmf-talk mailing list about refining the Local Chapter criteria.
# Suggested period for discussion: two weeks. Was Martijn's. Assigned to Heather on 2018-12-20. Transferred to Joost on 2019-04-24
Kate 2019-03-20< to follow-up with Gunner (facilitator), regarding the face-to-face board meeting.
# Done.
Kate 2018-12-20 to write to the Data Working Group to see if there's anything further the board can do to support them.
Kate 2018-02-15 to follow up with Grant about the technical workaround of having conference announcement banners on osm.org linked to landing pages on the website.
Kate 2018-01-18 to update the etiquette and add a reporting plan.
Mikel/Paul 2018-03-15 to look at the ten most active mailing lists and see if people listed as admins are active in the moderator role, what is in place, and how they manage the lists.
# 2018-05-24 Mikel drafted email and both agreed on some modifications.
Paul 2019-04-24 to contact Gunner to get the community survey about the 2019 face-to-face board meeting topics set-up.
# Done.
Paul 2018-04-19 to document the evaluation process of software and services used by the OSMF. Related to our FOSS policy.
Paul 2016-10-28 to create a page on the wiki, listing software products which are used by OSMF and are closed-source and/or are externally hosted.
# Was Peter's

Next meeting

Meetings take place on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, at 19:00 London time.
The next monthly board meeting will be on the 19th of June, at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Acronyms