Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2019-11-20"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
m (+ topics: Conditional planning of next F2F meeting # Microgrants # OpenStreetCam domain, + Res26 Fee waiver 2019110910000071)
(+ Res Extend "Dorothea's current contract for another six months", Res renumbering)
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 55: Line 55:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|style="text-align: left; background: white;" | <span style="color: black;">
 
|style="text-align: left; background: white;" | <span style="color: black;">
Voting closes on '''2019-11-10'''
 
  +
'''Accepted''' 2019-11-10 with '''6 votes in favour''': Kate Chapman, Joost Schouppe, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Tobias Knerr, Heather Leson.<br>
  +
'''1 not voted:''' Frederik Ramm </span>
 
|}
 
|}
   
==== 2019/Res26 Approve financial hardship fee waiver 2019110910000071 ====
+
==== 2019/Res26 Extend Dorothea's current contract for another six months ====
  +
{| class="wikitable"
  +
|-
  +
|''The suggestion is that we set up a written paper that says: "Both parties agree to extend the original contract that was initially signed on 07 March 2018 for another six months, until 29 February 2020, or until such time as another, superseding contract is signed by both parties."''
  +
|-
  +
|style="text-align: left; background: white;" | <span style="color: black;">Voting closes on '''2019-11-14'''
  +
|}
  +
  +
==== 2019/Res27 Approve financial hardship fee waiver 2019110910000071 ====
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|-
Line 66: Line 67:
 
Voting closes on '''2019-11-16'''
 
Voting closes on '''2019-11-16'''
 
|}
 
|}
  +
 
=== Previous action items ===
 
=== Previous action items ===
   

Revision as of 18:50, 10 November 2019

Draft agenda.

Location: Channel "OSMF Board of Directors (Public)" on Mumble.
Date and time: Wednesday 20th November, 19:00 London time
Countdown

Participants

Board members

Biographies

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

Guests are welcome to speak at the end of the meeting on the topics that have been discussed. Please note that text messages sent on Mumble chat may not be seen by people who join using mobile apps.

Not Present

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Board_Rules_of_Order#7._Circular_Resolutions

Voting cancelled: 2019/Res23 Accept the proposed Microgrants implementation

The linked document outlines this proposal.

Voting closes on 2019-10-18
Voting cancelled to get community feedback on the document. Please see the related osmf-talk thread.

2019/Res24 Approve financial hardship fee waiver 2019102710000056

The Board currently decides on membership applications for a fee waiver due to financial need on a case-by-case basis.

Unanimously accepted 2019-11-05 with 7 votes in favour: Kate Chapman, Frederik Ramm, Paul Norman, Heather Leson, Tobias Knerr, Mikel Maron, Joost Schouppe.

2019/Res25 Approve financial hardship fee waiver 2019110210000154

The Board currently decides on membership applications for a fee waiver due to financial need on a case-by-case basis.

Accepted 2019-11-10 with 6 votes in favour: Kate Chapman, Joost Schouppe, Mikel Maron, Paul Norman, Tobias Knerr, Heather Leson.
1 not voted: Frederik Ramm

2019/Res26 Extend Dorothea's current contract for another six months

The suggestion is that we set up a written paper that says: "Both parties agree to extend the original contract that was initially signed on 07 March 2018 for another six months, until 29 February 2020, or until such time as another, superseding contract is signed by both parties."
Voting closes on 2019-11-14

2019/Res27 Approve financial hardship fee waiver 2019110910000071

The Board currently decides on membership applications for a fee waiver due to financial need on a case-by-case basis.

Voting closes on 2019-11-16

Previous action items

Action items updates

Potential registration with Benevity to receive donations

We received an automatic email, suggesting registration of OSMF at the Benevity Causes Portal to qualify for donations and real-time corporate matching funds from various companies.
  • Would require annual self-certification against common eligibility requirements to qualify for inclusion in companies giving or matching programs.

Points mentioned during email discussion:

Might not worth it. Options if we go ahead:

  • Check availability of scheme for non-charities.
  • Become a charity. Complex step that would lead to more strict financial reporting requirements and also have operational effects on what we can do with our money.
  • Try to attain 501(c)(3) equivalency in the US. Would require some work to get done (and might or might not work).
  • Suggestion that funds could be redirected to local chapters.
Lead: Heather

Moderation and etiquette

Out etiquette guidelines are at: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Etiquette

Related board discussion: 2019-02

Lead: Heather

Conditional planning of the next face-to-face board meeting

Suggestion to have a very short board meeting with the old and new board after the 2019 AGM (December 14, 2019). That meeting could include voting on having a face-to-face board meeting early next year.
Lead: Joost

Microgrants update

Providing microgrants was a topic discussed extensively during the 2018 Face-to-Face board meeting, where a plan was developed. You might know similar programs from e.g. OSM-US, HOT or FOSSGIS. As a start and as a first trial we want to make a time-bound program where you can apply for microgrants until a specific date. A consultation document was shared in 2018 with the membership and the Advisory Board members, which contained an outline and top questions. There were also two microgrant-related sessions at the State of the Map 2018 conference (read some discussion points and questions).

Work on Microgrants was paused in 2018 and restarted after the 2019 F2F meeting.

Community feedback was asked on this document (the document had initially been put to vote but voting was subsequently cancelled to consult the community - see the related osmf-talk thread).

Related board discussions:

Related osmf-talk discussions:

Related board working sessions: 2019 Aug & Oct, 2018 Sep & Jul.
Related SotM 2018 session: there was a lightning talk, for community feedback

Lead: Joost

Contacting Telenav about transfer of openstreetcam domain

The board has received a request from the Licencing Working Group (LWG) to contact Telenav about he transfer of the openstreetcam.org domain to the OSMF, or at least enter an agreement in which the domain and any other rights to the name are transferred to the OSMF in the case that the current scope of the OSC project significantly changes from contributing to OSM.

Related board discussion: 2019-07

Lead: Frederik

More topics might be added

Advisory Board - monthly update

The Advisory Board members are separate from the OSMF board of directors - individuals are either nominated by Corporate Members of the OSMF or invited directly by the OSMF board of directors. The OSMF Board of Directors will publicly minute, in the board meeting minutes, any communication sent to, or received from, the AB members. This monthly section is reserved for this purpose. Overview.

AB related updates and board discussions:
2019 Jan, Mar, Jun, Jul, Aug

2018 Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Dec
2017 Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May (F2F), Oct

Lead: Heather

Any other business

Guest comments or questions

Next meeting

Meetings take place online on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.
The next monthly board meeting will be on the 18th December 2019 at 19:00 London time, unless rescheduled.

Meeting end

Acronyms