e.g via Communications Working Group
Notes by participants. Might be enriched.
This session took place in parallel with "OSMF fundraising". A summary was provided to the other group.
- Tobias Knerr (host)
- Joost Schouppe
- Paul Norman
The rest of the board members participated in the parallel session "OSMF fundraising".
- current state with transparency is generally decent, there are some areas we could work on.
- our way of extending the conversation to the community is a bit one-sided -> can we do more to make the community part of it?
- when we take stuff public early, the conversation is sometimes low value; osmf-talk can be draining.
- Discourse transition would help with communications (technical reasons, more modern UI, ...)
- consultations, emails (unsubscribe possible?)
- closed mid-month chats.
- public meetings work pretty well.
- improve perceived transparency by spreading already-public info from documents (minutes etc.) that few people actually read to more accessible formats (blog posts, ...) -> Get Communication Working Group (CWG) could help?
- risk that doing more in the same time overwhelms attention of members.
- Express board's support for migration of forum.osm.org to Discourse.
- Start using the OSMF subforum for consultations once the migration has happened.
- Get Communication Working Group (CWG) help in more engaging communications -> bring this up in the upcoming board+CWG meeting.