Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2021-06"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board‎ | Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→‎Monthly presentation: OpenStreetMap Philippines by Feye Andal)
(→‎Approve and publish the Attribution Guidelines: + link to current draft, info about request for feedback and addition of background section)
Line 52: Line 52:
   
 
== Approve and publish the Attribution Guidelines ==
 
== Approve and publish the Attribution Guidelines ==
  +
{| role="presentation" class="wikitable mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"
''Suggested by Tobias Knerr.''
 
  +
! <b>Background</b>
  +
|-
  +
|
  +
* '' '''2018-11''' The [[Licensing_Working_Group| Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) starts working on a draft attribution guideline.''
  +
* '' '''2019''' LWG members solicited feedback from attendants of the State of the Map US conference and at the international State of the Map conference in Heidelberg.''
  +
* '' '''2019-08 and 09'''. The August 2019 version became available to the community ([https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-August/006161.html osmf-talk message]) and [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Draft_Attribution_Guideline&oldid=1906618 is added] to the OSM wiki.''
  +
* '' '''2020-02''' The [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Draft_Attribution_Guideline&oldid=2069715 February 2020 LWG version] became available to the community on the OSM wiki.''
  +
* '' '''2020-06''' The OSMF board''
  +
** ''modified the draft and presented the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2020v2 updated version] during the [[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Status_of_attribution_guideline|2020-06 board meeting]].''
  +
** ''had a [[Advisory_Board/Minutes/2020-06-22|meeting]] with Corporate Member representatives on the [[Advisory_Board|Advisory Board]] on attribution.''
  +
* '' '''2020-10''' The board had meetings with Corporate Member representatives on the Advisory Board and with the LWG. The board version was subsequently modified.''
  +
* '' '''2020-12''' Board meeting [[Board/Minutes/2020-12#Attribution_Guidelines|decisions to]]:''
  +
** ''Publish the current board draft after giving the [[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) a heads up.''
  +
** ''Ask LWG to summarise the points they still consider open from the comments on the board document and ask Dermot McNally (LWG member), who has no conflict of interest, to present that report at the next LWG meeting.''
  +
** ''Rory McCann (Board) to work with external counsel to try to find the solutions to these issues that are most favourable to us.''
  +
* '' '''2021-01''' The LWG was working on the requested document ("gap list") summarising the points they still considered open on the board version of the attribution guidelines.''
  +
* '' '''2021-02''' The LWG sent the "gap list" document to the board.''
  +
* '' '''2021-03''' The board contacted Kyle Mitchell (Intellectual Property lawyer suggested by Allen Gunn, who has been the external facilitator of some of the past board face-to-face meetings) for external legal advice on the draft attribution guidelines. The initial email was approved by Dermot McNally ([[Licensing_Working_Group|Licensing Working Group]]) and included the board draft of the attribution guidelines and a list of questions by the board and the LWG.''
  +
* '' '''2021-04''' Kyle Mitchell responded.''
  +
* '' '''2021-05''' The board forwards Kyle Mitchell's response to the LWG and answers regarding the "gap list" points.''
  +
* '' '''2021-06-01''' LWG and Board online discussion. [[Board/Minutes/2021-06-01#Draft_attribution_guidelines|Decisions and next steps here]].
  +
* '' '''2021-06-11''' [[Board/Minutes/2021-06-11#Preparations_for_vote_on_Attribution_Guidelines|Preparations for vote on Attribution Guidelines]] ''(board chat)''
  +
* '' '''2021-06-12''' Publication of [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 current draft v0.9] and request for feedback from the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2021-June/086600.html community] and the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2021-June/007814.html membership].
  +
  +
''<u>[[Licensing_Working_Group|LWG]]: Attribution guidance related minutes</u>''
  +
* ''2021: Jan [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2021-01-14#Attribution_Guidelines| Attribution guidelines]], Feb [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2021-02-11#Attribution_guidelines_gap_list_and_board_status_update_on_outside_counsel| Attribution guidelines gap list and board status update on outside counsel]], Jun [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2021-06-10|Attribution Guidelines]]''
  +
* ''2020: [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-01-09#.E2.80.9CTwitter_attribution_thread.E2.80.9D| Jan]] (“Twitter attribution thread”), [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-02-13#Attribution_guideline| Feb]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-03-12#Attribution_guideline| Mar]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-04-09#Attribution| Apr]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-07-09#Review_Board_Attribution_Guidance| Jul]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-08-13#Attribution_guideline_feedback| Aug]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-10-08#Draft_attribution_guideline| Oct]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2020-11-12#Newest_draft_of_Attribution_Guidelines_from_this_morning| Nov]]
  +
* ''2019: [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-01-10#Update_attribution_guidance| Jan]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-04-11#Attribution_Guidance| Apr]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-05-09#Attribution_Guidance| May]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-06-13#Attribution_Guidance| Jun]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-07-11#Attribution_Guidance| Jul]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-08-08#Attribution_Guidance| Aug]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-09-12#Attribution_Guidance| Sep]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-10-10#Attribution_Guidance| Oct]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-11-14#Attribution_Guidance| Nov]], [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2019-12-12#Attribution_Guidance| Dec]]''
  +
* ''2018: [[Licensing_Working_Group/Minutes/2018-12-13#Update_attribution_guidance| Dec]]''
  +
  +
''<u>Board attribution guideline related minutes</u>''
  +
* ''2021: Jan [[Board/Minutes/2021-01#Attribution_guidelines_update|Attribution guidelines update]], [[Board/Minutes/2021-02-12|Feb 12]] (mid month board chat), Apr 09 [[Board/Minutes/2021-04-09#Kyle_Mitchell.27s_response_regarding_attribution_guidelines_and_ODbL|Kyle Mitchell's response regarding attribution guidelines and ODbL]], Apr 16 [[Board/Minutes/2021-04-16#Draft_attribution_guidelines|Attribution guidelines]] (dedicated chat), [[Board/Minutes/2021-05#Draft_attribution_guidelines|May]''
  +
* ''2020: Jan [[Board/Minutes/2020-01#Attribution_and_lack_thereof|Attribution and lack thereof]], Apr [[Board/Minutes/2020-04#Update_on_LWG.27s_rewrite_of_attribution_policy|Update on LWG's rewrite of attribution policy]], May [[Board/Minutes/2020-05-06#Status_of_Attribution_policy_.5BGuillaume.5D.5Brequested_by_Allan.5D| Status of Attribution policy]], [[Board/Minutes/2020-05-06#Status_of_Facebook_attribution_issue_on_mobile_.5BMikel.5D_.5Brequested_by_Tobias.5D|Status of Facebook attribution issue on mobile]], Jun [[Board/Minutes/2020-06#Status_of_attribution_guideline| Status]], [[Advisory_Board/Minutes/2020-06-22| Meeting with Corporate Members of the Advisory Board on attribution]], Oct [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| screen-to-screen discussion]], [[Board/Minutes/2020-10#Attribution_Guidelines_status_update| update]], Nov [[Board/Minutes/2020-11-12#Attribution_guidelines_update| update 1]], [[Board/Minutes/2020-11#Attribution_Guidelines_update| update 2]], Dec [[Board/Minutes/2020-12-04| update]] (informal board chat), [[Board/Minutes/2020-12#Attribution_Guidelines|update]] (public board meeting).''
  +
* ''2019 Oct [[Board/Minutes/2019-10-16#Attribution_by_Facebook| Attribution by Facebook]]. ''
  +
  +
''<u>Board attribution guideline related circular</u>''
  +
* ''2020-03-26 [[Board/Minutes/2021-04#2021.2FRes11_Authorise_Allan_to_send_attribution_guideline_letter_to_Intellectual_Property_lawyer|Circular 2021/Res11]]: Authorise Allan to send attribution guideline letter to Intellectual Property lawyer.''
  +
  +
''<u>Other attribution guideline related minutes</u>''
  +
* ''2020-12-04 [[Board/Minutes/2020-12-04|Board and LWG meeting (Dermot McNally) on draft attribution guidelines]]'' - ''The meeting was set-up in short time. The LWG was invited but only Dermot McNally could participate in such short notice.''
  +
* ''2020-10-15 Board and LWG meeting on draft attribution guidelines''
  +
* ''2020-10-09 Board and AB Corporate Members representatives meeting''
  +
* ''2020-10-02 Session [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S/Make_progress_on_attribution_guidelines_and_enforcement| Make progress on attribution guidelines and enforcement]], during board [[Board/Minutes/2020-10-S2S|screen-to-screen]] October meeting''
  +
* ''2020-06-22 [[Advisory_Board/Minutes/2020-06-22| Board and Advisory Board Corporate Member representatives meeting]]''
  +
  +
''OSMF members' related discussions on the osmf-talk* mailing list:''
  +
* ''Attribution guideline status update: 2019 [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-August/006161.html Aug], [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-September/006197.html Sep], [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-October/006295.html Oct], [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-November/006328.html Nov], [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-December/006521.html Dec]''
  +
* ''Attribution: board letter to Facebook: 2019 [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-October/006243.html Oct], [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2019-November/006355.html Nov]''
  +
  +
<nowiki>*</nowiki> ''[https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk osmf-talk] is the mailing list for OpenStreetMap Foundation members ([https://join.osmfoundation.org/ Join the Foundation]). All past messages are available [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/ here].''
  +
|-
 
| ''Suggested by Tobias Knerr.''
  +
|}
  +
  +
* ''The current [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 draft v0.9 of the attribution guidelines is here].''
  +
  +
'' Request for feedback by community and members sent on 2021-06-12. Feedback can be provided:''
  +
* ''on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2021-June/086600.html talk mailing list] (anyone can post. Subscribe to the mailing list [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk here])''.
  +
* ''on the [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2021-June/007814.html membership mailing list] (you need to be an OSMF member to post but you can [https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/ view all emails]. Become an [https://join.osmfoundation.org/ OSMF member here]).''
  +
* ''directly to the board at bo<nowiki>ard@osmfou</nowiki>ndation.org (emails to the board are not limited to the board members, but may also be copied to other parties. At the time of writing this is Dor<nowiki>othea Kaz</nowiki>azi, the administrative assistant).''
  +
  +
=== Vote ===
  +
'' The board will probably vote on the current draft.''
   
 
== Advisory Board - monthly update ==
 
== Advisory Board - monthly update ==

Revision as of 12:00, 12 June 2021

Page for agenda and minutes.

Date and time: Friday, 25 June 14:00 UTC - Countdown

Location: Video room https://osmvideo.cloud68.co/user/ror-nt7-6tu
using BigBlueButton.

Acronyms

Participants

Board members

Officers and board
Biographies

Not Present

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

You are welcome to ask questions or to comment (via voice or on the chat) at the end of the meeting.

  • Please mute your microphone when you join, and to preserve bandwidth, refrain from turning on your webcam.
  • If you are in a low-bandwidth environment, you may benefit from using BigBlueButton's low-bandwidth settings.

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Action item updates

See Board/Action_Items.

Treasurer's report

Approve and publish the Attribution Guidelines

Request for feedback by community and members sent on 2021-06-12. Feedback can be provided:

  • on the talk mailing list (anyone can post. Subscribe to the mailing list here).
  • on the membership mailing list (you need to be an OSMF member to post but you can view all emails. Become an OSMF member here).
  • directly to the board at board@osmfoundation.org (emails to the board are not limited to the board members, but may also be copied to other parties. At the time of writing this is Dorothea Kazazi, the administrative assistant).

Vote

The board will probably vote on the current draft.

Advisory Board - monthly update

Monthly presentation: OpenStreetMap Philippines by Feye Andal

More topics to be added - agenda will get locked on 2021-06-18

Any other business

Guest comments or questions

Open to all OSMF members (join the OpenStreetMap Foundation).

You are welcome to ask questions or to comment (via voice or on the chat) at the end of the meeting.

  • Please mute your microphone when you join, and to preserve bandwidth, refrain from turning on your webcam.
  • If you are in a low-bandwidth environment, you may benefit from using BigBlueButton's low-bandwidth settings.

Next meeting

Open board meetings take place online once a month on the last Friday of the month at 14:00 UTC.

See the Monthly Board meetings page to find out where board meetings are announced and for a subscription link to have future board meetings automatically added to your calendar.

Acronyms