Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2021-06"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board‎ | Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(+ link to presentation)
(Removed draft status, minutes accepted on 2021-07-30)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<div style="margin:2px 0;border:1px solid #9B9;background:#EFE;color:#000;padding:2px .5em;text-align:center">
 
<div style="margin:2px 0;border:1px solid #9B9;background:#EFE;color:#000;padding:2px .5em;text-align:center">
 
<font color="blue"> Draft minutes.</font>
 
   
 
Date and time: [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20210625T1400&p1=1440&msg=OSMF%20board%20meeting%20-%20%20Friday,%2025%20June%202021&fromtheme=generic '''Friday''', 25 June '''14:00 UTC'''] - [https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=1440&iso=20210625T14&msg=OSMF%20board%20meeting%20-%20%20Friday,%2025%20June%202021 Countdown]
 
Date and time: [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20210625T1400&p1=1440&msg=OSMF%20board%20meeting%20-%20%20Friday,%2025%20June%202021&fromtheme=generic '''Friday''', 25 June '''14:00 UTC'''] - [https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=1440&iso=20210625T14&msg=OSMF%20board%20meeting%20-%20%20Friday,%2025%20June%202021 Countdown]
Line 144: Line 142:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
  +
  +
'''Action item:''' Board to ask the [[Licensing_Working_Group| Licensing Working Group]] (LWG) to publish the [https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline/2021v0.9 adopted attribution guidelines].
   
 
== Engineering Working Group ==
 
== Engineering Working Group ==
Line 256: Line 256:
 
=== Comment on OpenStreetMap Philippines presentation ===
 
=== Comment on OpenStreetMap Philippines presentation ===
 
''Comment by Pierre Béland (guest), ''<br>
 
''Comment by Pierre Béland (guest), ''<br>
''that it was great for the OSM volunteers to support Philippines community with the Haitian typhoon in 2014. And great to see this community progress with all these actions.''
+
''that it was great for the OSM volunteers to support Philippines community with the Haitian<sup>*</sup> typhoon in 2014. And great to see this community progress with all these actions.''
  +
  +
<sup>*</sup>Hagupit typhoon ''(post-meeting addition)''
   
 
== Next meetings ==
 
== Next meetings ==

Latest revision as of 15:20, 30 July 2021

Date and time: Friday, 25 June 14:00 UTC - Countdown

Location: Video room https://osmvideo.cloud68.co/user/ror-nt7-6tu
using BigBlueButton.

Acronyms

Participants

Board members

  • Allan Mustard (Chairing)
  • Eugene Alvin Villar
  • Mikel Maron
  • Amanda McCann
  • Tobias Knerr

Officers and board
Biographies

Minutes by Dorothea Kazazi

Not Present

  • Guillaume Rischard
  • Jean-Marc Liotier

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

You are welcome to ask questions or to comment (via voice or on the chat) at the end of the meeting.

  • Please mute your microphone when you join, and to preserve bandwidth, refrain from turning on your webcam.
  • If you are in a low-bandwidth environment, you may benefit from using BigBlueButton's low-bandwidth settings.

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

Action item updates

See Board/Action_Items.

Treasurer's report

  • The Bank of Ireland has received our application to open an account there.

Approve and publish the Attribution Guidelines

Request for feedback by community and members sent on 2021-06-12. Feedback can be provided:

  • on the talk mailing list (anyone can post. Subscribe to the mailing list here).
  • on the membership mailing list (you need to be an OSMF member to post but you can view all emails. Become an OSMF member here).
  • directly to the board at board@osmfoundation.org (emails to the board are not limited to the board members, but may also be copied to other parties. At the time of writing this is Dorothea Kazazi, the administrative assistant).

Comments:

* osmf-talk is the mailing list for OpenStreetMap Foundation members (Join the Foundation). All past messages are available here.

Vote

Motion to adopt draft v0.9 of the attribution guidelines and ask the Licensing Working Group (LWG) to publish the document.

Accepted with 3 votes in favour: Allan Mustard, Eugene Alvin Villar, Tobias Knerr
2 abstained with self-declared conflict of interest: Mikel Maron, Amanda McCann.
2 not voted (absent from the meeting): Jean-Marc Liotier, Guillaume Rischard.

Action item: Board to ask the Licensing Working Group (LWG) to publish the adopted attribution guidelines.

Engineering Working Group

On EWG scope

  • A charter was put forward to the board for consideration by the members involved in restarting EWG.
  • Board feedback was provided, including a suggestion of EWG providing some level of coordination for software development in the OSM ecosystem – whether voluntary or as part of someone’s job with another entity.
    • Charter was updated based on the suggestion.

Next steps:

  • Mikel to make revisions to the charter and circulate the draft to the board.
  • Updated draft to be sent to EWG and to community for consultation.

Action item: Mikel to communicate with EWG regarding making revisions to the charter.

Tobias offered to help with subsequent steps, such as community consultation, if needed.

Advisory Board - monthly update

OSMF incorporating in another country

The Secretary contacted the Advisory Board members, asking

  • if OSMF could move to the countries of Advisory Board members (Replies received from Slovakia and Germany).
  • (Corporate Members) if there is anything that would make it easier for corporate members on the Advisory Board, to donate money to the OSMF and what is the best form of legal structure (for the OSMF) that it would make it the easiest for them to donate money to OSMF.

Attribution guidelines - request to share opinion from outside legal counsel

(Post-meeting addition, not mentioned during the meeting)

The board and the Advisory Board received an email on June 21st from Marc Prioleau (Facebook representative on the Advisory Board), regarding the opinion that the board received from an outside legal counsel with expertise on Intellectual Property (Kyle Mitchell) on the current attribution guidelines. The board was asked if that information can be made publicly available.

The answer was that the board does not intend to share it more widely, and that the board has asked the Licensing Working Group (LWG) not to share the letter's contents.

Monthly presentation: OpenStreetMap Philippines by Feye Andal

Question by Allan Mustard on how soon is the OSM PH going to apply for Local Chapter status?

Feye deferred the answer to Eugene.

  • It takes a lot of time, money and effort to register and maintain the registration of an organisation with the government.
  • Registration takes a few weeks to a month.
  • The lack of a formal organisation is not a hindrance to the activities and projects of the OSM Philippines community.

Comments by other board members:

  • Similar problems regarding registration with local community in India.
  • Issue worth to be revisited.
  • If it is a question of money, OSMF can help.

Any other business

Board member announcement

One of the board members has changed her name to “Amanda McCann”, and will be using that from now on. Previous minutes/documents used her old name of “Rory McCann”.

Guest comments or questions

Comment on OpenStreetMap Philippines presentation

Comment by Pierre Béland (guest),
that it was great for the OSM volunteers to support Philippines community with the Haitian* typhoon in 2014. And great to see this community progress with all these actions.

*Hagupit typhoon (post-meeting addition)

Next meetings

Open board meetings take place online once a month, usually on the last Friday of the month at 14:00 UTC.

See the Monthly Board meetings page to find out where board meetings are announced and for a subscription link to have future board meetings automatically added to your calendar.

Meeting adjourned ~14:35 UTC.

Acronyms