Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2021-10"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board‎ | Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Rewording of topic "scheduling a general meeting")
(→‎Circular Resolutions: + 2021/Res37 "Sign non-disclosure agreement with Takeover Protection Special Committee")
Line 49: Line 49:
   
 
''Related to the [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Presentation_by_the_LCCWG_Moderation_Subcommittee|discussion]] following the LCCWG presentation during the September 2021 public board meeting.''
 
''Related to the [[Board/Minutes/2021-09#Presentation_by_the_LCCWG_Moderation_Subcommittee|discussion]] following the LCCWG presentation during the September 2021 public board meeting.''
  +
  +
==== 2021/Res37 Sign non-disclosure agreement with Takeover Protection Special Committee ====
  +
{| class="wikitable"
  +
|-
  +
| ''Sign the standard OSMF non-disclosure agreement with the current two members of the [[Special_Committee_on_Takeover_Protection|Takeover Protection Special Committee]] ([[Board/Minutes/2021-07#2021.2FRes23_To_appoint_Andy_Allan_and_Michael_Collinson_to_special_committee_on_takeover_protection|2021/Res23]]) and share all current legal advice the Board has received on this topic with that Special Committee.''
  +
|-
  +
|style="text-align: left; background: white;" | <span style="color: black;">
  +
'''Voting closes on 2021-10-24.'''
  +
|-
  +
| ''Circular by Amanda McCann.''
  +
|}
   
 
=== Action item updates ===
 
=== Action item updates ===

Revision as of 21:15, 19 October 2021

Page for preliminary agenda and minutes. Topics will get locked one week before the meeting, on 22 October 2021.

Date and time: Friday 29 October at 14:00 UTC - Countdown

Location: Video room https://osmvideo.cloud68.co/user/ror-nt7-6tu
using BigBlueButton.

Acronyms

Participants

Board members

Officers and board
Biographies

Not Present

Guests

Open to all OSMF members.

You are welcome to ask questions or to comment (via voice or on the chat) at the end of the meeting.

  • Please mute your microphone when you join, and to preserve bandwidth, refrain from turning on your webcam.
  • If you are in a low-bandwidth environment, you may benefit from using BigBlueButton's low-bandwidth settings. To assess them, click on the 3 dots on the top right of the black video-window.

Administrative

Previous minutes

Circular Resolutions

2021/Res36 Translation budget for LCCWG moderation subcommittee

The Local Chapters and Communities Working Group (LCCWG) moderation subcommittee is provided with a budget of up to €1000 for translation services.

Approved on 2021-10-06 with 3 votes in favour: Allan Mustard, Mikel Maron, Tobias Knerr.
1 against: Guillaume Rischard (Premature. We have no budget request yet, no quote, no figure, nothing that's been sent to the treasurer. Agree on principle otherwise.)
1 abstained: Amanda McCann (While I would like more details on what's involved, such as who will be paid, who will decide what gets paid, what services will be used, and what languages are to be used,etc etc. So I am unsure, and will defer to the rest of the board (ie abstain))
2 not voted: Eugene Alvin Villar, Jean-Marc Liotier.

Circular by Tobias Knerr.

Related to the discussion following the LCCWG presentation during the September 2021 public board meeting.

2021/Res37 Sign non-disclosure agreement with Takeover Protection Special Committee

Sign the standard OSMF non-disclosure agreement with the current two members of the Takeover Protection Special Committee (2021/Res23) and share all current legal advice the Board has received on this topic with that Special Committee.

Voting closes on 2021-10-24.

Circular by Amanda McCann.

Action item updates

See Board/Action_Items.

Treasurer's report

Scheduling a general meeting for Spring (northern hemisphere) / Autumn (southern hemisphere) 2022

Related action item from the October mid-month board chat: Tobias to have a motion ready to be voted by the board during the October board meeting. The motion will mention that the next board must write the text for a special resolution1 regarding membership requirements, to be voted by the membership at a General Meeting that will take place during next Spring (Northern hemisphere) / Autumn (Southern hemisphere).

1"Special resolution" has the meaning given in section 283 of the Companies Act 2006. A special resolution, when approved, changes the Articles of Association (AoA) of the Foundation.

Questions related to Operations Working Group 2022 plan

Carried over from October mid-month board chat.

Microgrants

Suggested during October mid-month board chat.
Related action item: Jean-Marc and Amanda to draft a proposal for a second microgrants round, including parameters (amount of money, source of funds, and selected recommendations from the final report (.odt, 29 KB) by the microgrants committee) to be voted during the October board meeting.

Analysis of options for OSMF relocation

Suggested during October mid-month board chat.
Related action item: Jean-Marc to provide during the October board meeting a list of which countries have responded to us with information which is worth examining and what are our realistic options and to start looking at whether the new board will want to move in 2022 out of the UK.

Advisory Board - monthly update

Monthly presentation - Uganda community

Presenter: Geoffrey Kateregga.

More topics to be added

Topics will get locked one week before the meeting, on 22 October 2021.

Any other business

Guest comments or questions

Next meeting

Open board meetings take place online once a month, usually on the last Friday of the month at 14:00 UTC.

See the Monthly Board meetings page to find out where board meetings are announced and for a subscription link to have future board meetings automatically added to your calendar.

Acronyms