Difference between revisions of "Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S"

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board‎ | Minutes
m (link formatting)
m (formatting)
 
(7 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__NOTOC__
 
__NOTOC__
The board will have a screen-to-screen meeting on the 26th and 27th of February 2022.<br>
+
The board had a screen-to-screen meeting on the 26th and 27th of February 2022.<br>
The meeting will not be open to the public.
+
The meeting was not be open to the public.
   
 
'''Dates and time'''
 
'''Dates and time'''
Line 10: Line 10:
 
'''Board members'''
 
'''Board members'''
   
  +
* Amanda McCann
[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Board_Member_Bios&oldid=9106 Biographies].
 
  +
* Eugene Alvin Villar
  +
* Guillaume Rischard
  +
* Jean-Marc Liotier
  +
* Roland Olbricht ''(1<sup>st</sup> day: joined for the introductions and then ~ 2 hours after start. 2<sup>nd</sup> day: full)''
  +
* Tobias Knerr
  +
  +
[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Officers_%26_Board&oldid=9091 Officers and board]<br>
 
[https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Board_Member_Bios&oldid=9106 Biographies]
   
 
'''Apologies'''
 
'''Apologies'''
Line 17: Line 25:
 
'''Guests'''
 
'''Guests'''
 
* Allen Gunn ''(facilitator)''
 
* Allen Gunn ''(facilitator)''
  +
* [[osm:User:Dorothea|Do<nowiki>rothea Kaza</nowiki>zi]] ''(Administrative assistant)''
  +
 
== Day 1 ==
  +
=== OSM/OSMF/Board weather report ===
  +
''Amanda, Eugene, Guillaume, Jean-Marc, Tobias''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Membership_prerequisites|Membership prerequisites]] ===
  +
''Amanda, Eugene, Guillaume, Jean-Marc, Tobias''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Attribution_-_Agree_on_an_attribution_enforcement_strategy|Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy]]===
  +
''Amanda, Guillaume, Tobias''
  +
===[[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Local_Chapter_minimum_criteria|Local Chapter minimum criteria]] - (including formalisation/clarification on commercial activities)===
  +
''Jean-Marc, Roland''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Identify_more_effective_ways_of_getting_foundation_work_done_-_Executive_director|Identify more effective ways of getting foundation work done - Executive director]] ===
  +
''Amanda, Guillaume, Tobias''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Humanitarian_OpenStreetMap_Team|HOT - Define steps towards a formalized relationship with HOT]] ===
  +
''Eugene, Jean-Marc, Roland''
  +
  +
== Day 2 ==
  +
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Goal_list|Goal list]]: Identify what we want to do in the next year, and agree on [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions#Action_items_from_2022-02_board_screen-to-screen_meeting|action items]] for the next few months ===
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Takeover_protection|Takeover protection]] ===
  +
''Guillaume, Amanda, Jean-Marc''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Budget|Budget]] ===
  +
''Roland, Tobias, Eugene''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Fundraising|Fundraising]] ===
  +
''Roland, Guillaume, Tobias, Eugene, Gunner''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Conflicts_of_Interest|Conflicts of interest]] ===
  +
''Jean-Marc, Amanda''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Board_member_candidates_mentoring|Board - Consider idea of board candidacy mentoring]] ===
  +
''Amanda, Guillaume, Tobias''
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Board_communication|Board communication]] - Discuss how to increase regular two-way communication of individual board members with the community ===
  +
(not necessarily speaking on behalf of the board) about OSMF related matters<br>
  +
''Eugene, Jean-Marc, Roland''
  +
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Mitigating_bus_factors|Mitigating bus factor risks]] ===
  +
''Amanda, Eugene, Roland''
  +
===[[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/De-bottlenecking_the_board|De-bottlenecking the board]] ===
  +
''Guillaume, Jean-Marc, Tobias''
   
  +
=== [[Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Action_items_and_decisions|Action items and decisions]] ===
== Agenda ==
 
  +
-----
''Not set yet. Will be dynamically created and added after the meeting.''
 
   
 
== Input for the agenda ==
 
== Input for the agenda ==
Line 63: Line 108:
   
 
* '''Moving OSMF out of the UK''' - Affirm plan.
 
* '''Moving OSMF out of the UK''' - Affirm plan.
* '''[Strategic_Plan_Outline|Strategic plan]]''' - Flesh out points from the strategic plan
+
* '''[[Strategic_Plan_Outline|Strategic plan]]''' - Flesh out points from the strategic plan
 
* '''Attribution''' - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy.
 
* '''Attribution''' - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy.
 
* '''Moderation team''' - Agree on a shared position regarding moderation team composition (if this has not been wrapped up before the S2S).
 
* '''Moderation team''' - Agree on a shared position regarding moderation team composition (if this has not been wrapped up before the S2S).
Line 83: Line 128:
   
 
'''Financial'''
 
'''Financial'''
* <u>Banking suggestion</u> - Find an additional bank as a possible replacement for Bank of Ireland and possibly a backup for Paypal.
+
* <u>Banking suggestion</u> - Find an additional bank as a possible replacement for Bank of Ireland and possibly a backup for PayPal.
 
* <u>Budget</u> - Plan out rough budget for coming years to support paying employees/contractors.
 
* <u>Budget</u> - Plan out rough budget for coming years to support paying employees/contractors.
 
* <u>Income</u> - Update revenue pipeline, identify gaps and potential sources of revenue.
 
* <u>Income</u> - Update revenue pipeline, identify gaps and potential sources of revenue.

Latest revision as of 12:50, 26 April 2022

The board had a screen-to-screen meeting on the 26th and 27th of February 2022.
The meeting was not be open to the public.

Dates and time

Participants

Board members

  • Amanda McCann
  • Eugene Alvin Villar
  • Guillaume Rischard
  • Jean-Marc Liotier
  • Roland Olbricht (1st day: joined for the introductions and then ~ 2 hours after start. 2nd day: full)
  • Tobias Knerr

Officers and board
Biographies

Apologies

  • Mikel Maron (on leave)

Guests

Day 1

OSM/OSMF/Board weather report

Amanda, Eugene, Guillaume, Jean-Marc, Tobias

Membership prerequisites

Amanda, Eugene, Guillaume, Jean-Marc, Tobias

Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy

Amanda, Guillaume, Tobias

Local Chapter minimum criteria - (including formalisation/clarification on commercial activities)

Jean-Marc, Roland

Identify more effective ways of getting foundation work done - Executive director

Amanda, Guillaume, Tobias

HOT - Define steps towards a formalized relationship with HOT

Eugene, Jean-Marc, Roland

Day 2

Goal list: Identify what we want to do in the next year, and agree on action items for the next few months

Takeover protection

Guillaume, Amanda, Jean-Marc

Budget

Roland, Tobias, Eugene

Fundraising

Roland, Guillaume, Tobias, Eugene, Gunner

Conflicts of interest

Jean-Marc, Amanda

Board - Consider idea of board candidacy mentoring

Amanda, Guillaume, Tobias

Board communication - Discuss how to increase regular two-way communication of individual board members with the community

(not necessarily speaking on behalf of the board) about OSMF related matters
Eugene, Jean-Marc, Roland

Mitigating bus factor risks

Amanda, Eugene, Roland

De-bottlenecking the board

Guillaume, Jean-Marc, Tobias

Action items and decisions


Input for the agenda

The following points were suggested as topics to the facilitator. The plan is to select topics during the meeting and dynamically change the list. In some cases, board members will split into two groups, each one discussing a different topic and providing a summary of the discussion to the other group.

Input list

Provided by Allen Gunn.

  • Flesh out points from the strategic plan outline or deciding on how to proceed with some of the points.
  • Identify what we want to do in the next year, and agree on action items for the next few months.
  • Identify more effective ways of getting foundation work done
  • Define steps towards a formalized relationship with HOT.
  • Agree on minimum criteria for becoming a Local Chapter (LC) (including formalisation/clarification on commercial activities)
  • Scope handbook for becoming an LC and collaboration with them.
  • Plan out rough budget for coming years to support paying employees/contractors
  • Update revenue pipeline, identify gaps and potential sources of revenue
  • Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy.
  • Affirm plan for moving OSMF out of the UK
  • Find an additional bank as a possible replacement for Bank of Ireland and possibly a backup for Paypal*
  • Agree on a shared position regarding moderation team composition (if this has not been wrapped up before the S2S).
  • Corporate membership fees
  • Tobias’s membership proposal
  • Membership prerequisites: Work on text for proposed resolution at the April General Meeting
  • Identify ideas for greater membership transparency (i.e. making it easier to scrutinize the composition of the membership and detect coordinated sign-up/takeover attempts).
  • Discuss how to increase regular two-way communication of individual board members with the community (not necessarily speaking on behalf of the board) about OSMF related matters.
  • Consider idea of board candidacy mentoring
  • Discuss quotas for the OSMF Board
  • Review conflict of interest awareness when creating circulars or voting on them
  • Find a solution to support osm.org website development with paid work.
  • Discuss the stagnation of our map rendering technology and other user-facing features.

Formatted list

Changed by Dorothea.

  • Moving OSMF out of the UK - Affirm plan.
  • Strategic plan - Flesh out points from the strategic plan
  • Attribution - Agree on an attribution enforcement strategy.
  • Moderation team - Agree on a shared position regarding moderation team composition (if this has not been wrapped up before the S2S).
  • HOT - Define steps towards a formalized relationship with HOT.
  • OSMF - Identify more effective ways of getting foundation work done.
  • Identify what we want to do in the next year, and agree on action items for the next few months.

Tech

  • osm.org - Find a solution to support osm.org website development with paid work.
  • Map rendering technology - Discuss the stagnation of our map rendering technology and other user-facing features.

Membership

  • Membership prerequisites - Work on text for proposed resolution for membership prerequisites at the April General Meeting. See Tobias’s membership proposal.
  • Transparency - Identify ideas for greater membership transparency (i.e. making it easier to scrutinize the composition of the membership and detect coordinated sign-up/takeover attempts).

Local Chapters

  • Minimum criteria - Agree on minimum criteria for becoming a Local Chapter (LC) (including formalisation/clarification on commercial activities).
  • Handbook - Scope handbook for becoming a local chapter and collaboration with them.

Financial

  • Banking suggestion - Find an additional bank as a possible replacement for Bank of Ireland and possibly a backup for PayPal.
  • Budget - Plan out rough budget for coming years to support paying employees/contractors.
  • Income - Update revenue pipeline, identify gaps and potential sources of revenue.
  • Income - Corporate membership fees.

Board, mainly internal

  • Suggestion: mentoring - Consider idea of board candidacy mentoring.
  • Suggestion: quotas - Discuss quotas for the OSMF Board.
  • Conflicts of interest - Awareness when creating circulars or voting on them.
  • Communication - Discuss how to increase regular two-way communication of individual board members with the community. (not necessarily speaking on behalf of the board) about OSMF related matters.