Board/Minutes/2022-02-S2S/Budget

From OpenStreetMap Foundation
< Board‎ | Minutes‎ | 2022-02-S2S
Revision as of 03:42, 4 March 2022 by Dorothea (talk | contribs) (+ collaborative notes from the "budget" session)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Budget

Notes by participants during the meeting. Might be enriched.

This session took place in parallel with "Takeover Protection". A summary was provided to the other group.
A spreadsheet by Guillaume Rischard (ex-Treasurer) was shared.

Acronyms

Participants

Board members

  • Eugene Villar
  • Roland Olbricht (Treasurer)
  • Tobias Knerr

Officers and board
Biographies

Collaborative notes

  • does Budget Committee exist?
  • How is the budget constructed at all?
  • budget is sum of requests from working groups?
  • is there a budget process at all?

Action item: Roland to get the budget committee on track.

Deliverable:

  • rough numbers
  • technical things (100k emergency)
  • 100k for general things (not emergency)
  • 700k (almost) full-time employees/contractors (long term damage if disrupted)
    • Dorothea, Michelle (bookkeeping)
    • Senior Site Reliability Engineer
    • iD developer (Martin Raifer)
    • (future) regular API work
    • (future) Executive Director or Community/whatever manager/assistant?
  • microgrants, EWG (not emergency)
    • includes smaller units of website development work
  • International SotM conference (usually self-contained or source of income)
    • Sourced from sponsors
  • fundraising out of scope for this session
  • Fundraising commitee (Mikel Maron)? one time donations, regular donations
  • contigency plan
  • bring emergency priority into Guillaume Rischard's spreadsheet