CWG meeting 2022-02-07
2022-02-07 14:00 UTC
- Mikel (had to leave after 30 mins)
Agenda / Notes
Different system for managing stickers requests? [Amanda]
Proposal to found a “Promotional Material Programme Team” with a separate list for sticker/etc requests - vote carried out at https://framadate.org/QJdiRYjfz5NBvpHe
- Amanda gave updates on success in streamlining the OSM promotional material request
- Pete remarked lots of request lately
Simplify https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Main_Page [Andrew]
Actions: None - Andrew not present so leave this in the gitlab issues
- Need someone to take this over in Ben’s absence (Pete happy to take this over if others agree - will get up to speed before March meeting for twitter and facebook at a minimum)
- Still need to work out how to manage Insta access
- Contact LinkedIn support directly to try and reset credentials (on Pete's back log)
- Amanda will talk to Grant who has twitter access about the Twitter Mastodon Cross poster.
- Pete is going start making more tweets with access to GroupTweets
- Pete will ask Ben for Facebook access
- Pete doesn’t have access to OSM LinkedIn
- Amanda has access to Pinterest & Instagram
Clean Up Access to Blog [Mikel]
- Mikel is removing old access to the blog, but hasn’t finished yet, work is in progress.
Guidelines for Guest posts [Pete]
- Pete hasn’t done any work on this since last time, nothing to report.
Blog analytics [Harry]
Who / how many people actually read the blogs?
- Harry (not present) has access to Piwiki.
- Some small mention on CWG mailing list about piwik, but no-one has heard much more
- Mikel isn’t sure piwiki gives everything he wants.
Finalize CWG joining process [Pete / Mikel]
- Pete added description of decision making on the gitlab wiki https://gitlab.com/osmfoundation/cwg/-/wikis/New-member-decision-making
- Mikel to look at documentation for new member onboarding (fyi Pete started this page at https://gitlab.com/osmfoundation/cwg/-/wikis/onboarding-new-members)
- Mikel is ensuring that the list of things new people need, are documented.
- Marjan (new member) will try to report what is done/needed to ensure what is needed is written down, maybe using the wiki
Made with OpenStreetMap
- Tobias reports that it’s commonly asked about, and that foundation backing could be helpful in spreading such an initiative. Thinks we could ask LWG first to check on potential issues.
- Mikel links to an old discussion https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2013-January/065784.html
- Amanda shares existing image suggestion from Heikki https://twitter.com/HeikkiVesanto/status/1485939523469070340/photo/1
- Amanda suggests waiting to see what people come up with.
- Mikel says it would be bikeshedded
- Amanda & Pete say you should ask LWG for feedback
- Tobias & Pete suggest that CWG could promote people's efforts at attribution logos (support community creativity and get people interested)
- Amanda suggesting checking with LWG to ensure there is no massive problem
- Tobias says he will contact LWG to ensure there are no big problems.
- Pete will blog about this idea
Welcome new OSMF Board Members and first board meeting of 2022 [Andrew]
- Andrew’s welcome for new OSMF board members almost ready to go.
- Mikel (left meeting by now) had been working on this.
Local Chapter posts [Dorothea]
- No update
Local Chapter Congress [Pete]
Attended but dropped the ball on this one. Will stay in touch with Maggie for future LCCWG overlaps.
- Pete was at LC congress but didn't find the time to blog about it
Microsoft OS Award
- Pete asks where the information would come from, asks if it’d be the board, or Microsoft
- Marjan will research and reach out to group if she needs help
International Women’s Day in 8th March - Belgian & GeoChicha’s “streets named after women”?
- Marjan is interested in that, and volunteers to work on that, and talk to GeoChichas people
Discourse instance - community sensitisation support?
- Tobias reports the post was waiting on new discourse release, which had only recently happened
- … thinks discourse lauch will be quiet
- … hopes people remember to talk
Mastodon instance announcement?
- Amanda is waiting until the Twitter Mastodon crossposter is set up, which should be soon.
New member outreach
- Pete thinks CWG new membership should be organic, waiting for new people to apply
New ticketing system OTRS
- Amanda reports on TomH setting up OTRS for stickers & unprompted for communications
- … will ask TomH to set up OTRS accounts for Pete & Tobias, and they will report next month on what the software is like
[] email not working
- Tobias reports that Mikel added this item, and (& Pete) was not aware of any issues