The Board Chair can appoint committees chaired by members of the Board, and also possibly including volunteer members of the organization and community to study and recommend actions on issues brought before the board. Committees take on time delimited scoped tasks, and can help to clear backlog of "action items".
- Gather past research, determine indicators of current diversity, and identify root causes that contribute to any identified shortfalls.
- Recommending actions for the Foundation, Working Groups or any other OSM actors to resolve these issues and improve diversity and inclusion.
- Running the call for microgrants projects.
- Making a selection of about ten projects.
- Following up with the selected projects.