Contractors and employees
This page lists some of the people/companies paid by OSMF to do work for the Foundation. Please note that:
- This page is a work in progress and contains data from the more recent years.
- Working Groups can contract people directly. While this page was created initially to list people contracted/hired directly by the board, Working Groups are of course free to enrich it.
Selected by the Board
None - currently (2021-07) OSMF is in the process of hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (person selected) and an iD maintainer (person not selected yet).
Long term contractors
- 2021-09 onwards Martin Raifer (Github profile) to work on iD development
- 2021-now Bank of Ireland Resolutions to open bank accounts: 2021/Res21, 2021/Res22
- 2021-now Fire.com
- 2020-now Triodos Bank
- 2020-now Cloud68 Renewal of contract 2021-04
- 2019-now Loomio Initial funding decision 2019-12
- 2017-now Michelle Heydon - Accountant.
- 2016-now Dorothea Kazazi (OSM wiki profile) - Administrative assistant. Funding/contract renewal decisions: 2017-04, 2019-02, 2019-11, 2021-04
- <2016 - now PayPal
- 2020-09 - 2021-04 Quincy Morgan (Github profile) - iD developer, Funding decision 2020-09
- 2020-2021 Transferwise - financial services
- - 2020-06 Barclays Bank
- - 2017 Vivien Sheehan - Accountant (retired)
- 2015-2016 Skrill - financial services (used to retrieve money donated to us through "Flattr").
- Recurring, Allen Gunn/Aspiration Tech for facilitating some of the annual board face-to-face or screen-to-screen meetings: 2021-02 (Funding decision), 2020-10, 2020-03, 2019-05 (Funding decision), 2015-02, 2014-02
- Recurring, Opavote (online voting platform): 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014?
Short term contractors
Microgrants 2020-2021 (some in progress)
- David Garcia (OSM wiki profile: mapmakerdavid) - Proposal for work on a free video tutorial for beginners about mapping pacific islands using OSM and QGIS
- Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on mapping villages and settlements in Kosovo - Report
- Libre Tech School - Proposal for work on teaching and learning OSM in Albania through LibreTech School
- MapBeks (OSM wiki profile: MapBeks) - Proposal for work on HIV facilities mapping in the Philippines on OpenStreetMap - Report
- Map Kibera - Proposal for work on water and sanitation mapping in Nairobi's informal settlements
- MapUganda - Proposal for work on mapping Uganda's new cities - Report
- Mateusz Konieczny (OSM wiki profile) - Proposal for work on tactile maps for blind or visually impaired children - Report
- OpenStreetMap Belgium (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on road completion project - Report
- OpenStreetMap Ireland (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on OSM Ireland Buildings - Report
- OpenStreetMap UK (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on leaflets to promote OSM - Report
- Thomas Skowron (OSM wiki profile:Thomersch) - Proposal for work on OpenStreetMap calendar - Report
- Tobias Zwick (OSM wiki profile: Westnordost) - Proposal for work on map maintenance with StreetComplete - Report
More recent on top.
- 2021 Guillaume Rischard (OSMF Treasurer, OSM wiki profile: Stereo) - For work to resolve the blockage of PayPal and TransferWise accounts. Funding decision 2021-05
- 2020 Sarah Hoffmann (OSM wiki profile: lonvia) Proposal for work on Nominatim, Funding decision 2020-08)
- Parts of results from github.com/osm-search/Nominatim: Split addr:* tags into words before adding to the search index, POIs with unknown addr:place must add parent name to address, Reverse.md: fix two typos, Switch configuration to dotenv
- Parts of results from github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website: Improve guessing of labels for Nominatim results
- 2020 Richard Fairhurst (OSM wiki profile: Richard) Proposal for work on porting Potlatch 2 to the desktop, Funding decision 2020-08
- Potlatch 3 is here!] (diary entry on result of work)
- 2020 Jochen Topf (OSM wiki profile: Joto) - Proposal for work on osm2pgsql, Funding decision
- 2020 Chater Allan to prepare our statutory accounts, make the assessment of Corporation Tax and file our accounts with Companies House, Funding decision 2020-04
Selected by the Working Groups
by the Communications Working Group
Long term contractors
- 2020-05 - now DeepL - machine translation services
by the Licensing Working Group
Long term contractors
- Lawdit - Solicitors
- Clarivate (Compumark) - Trademark watch
by the Membership Working Group
- 2021 _ for work on CiviCRM, Funding decision 2021-01
- 2019-10 - 2020 Mollie, payment processor (Paypal-like service integrated with CiviCRM)