Contractors and employees
The OSMF board, Working Groups and the Committees largely consist of volunteers. In some circumstance we also bring on individuals for paid work as employees or contractors for the Foundation, and additionally companies contracted for specific services.
Selected by the Board
None - currently (2021-07) OSMF is in the process of hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (person selected)
- 2021-09 onwards Martin Raifer (Github profile) to work on iD development
- 2017-now Michelle Heydon - Accountant.
- 2016-now Dorothea Kazazi (OSM wiki profile) - Administrative assistant. Funding/contract renewal decisions: 2017-04, 2019-02, 2019-11, 2021-04
Recurring individual contractors
- Recurring, Allen Gunn/Aspiration Tech for facilitating some of the annual board face-to-face or screen-to-screen meetings: 2021-02 (Funding decision), 2020-10, 2020-03, 2019-05 (Funding decision), 2015-02, 2014-02
- - 2017 Vivien Sheehan - Accountant (retired)
Long term service conctracts
- 2021-now Bank of Ireland Resolutions to open bank accounts: 2021/Res21, 2021/Res22
- 2021-now Fire.com
- 2020-now Triodos Bank
- 2020-now Cloud68 Renewal of contract 2021-04
- 2019-now Loomio Initial funding decision 2019-12
- Recurring, Opavote (online voting platform): 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014?
- <2016 - now PayPal
- 2020-2021 Transferwise - financial services
- - 2020-06 Barclays Bank
- 2015-2016 Skrill - financial services (used to retrieve money donated to us through "Flattr").
Short term contractors
Microgrants 2020-2021 (some in progress)
- David Garcia (OSM wiki profile: mapmakerdavid) - Proposal for work on a free video tutorial for beginners about mapping pacific islands using OSM and QGIS
- Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on mapping villages and settlements in Kosovo - Report
- Libre Tech School - Proposal for work on teaching and learning OSM in Albania through LibreTech School
- MapBeks (OSM wiki profile: MapBeks) - Proposal for work on HIV facilities mapping in the Philippines on OpenStreetMap - Report
- Map Kibera - Proposal for work on water and sanitation mapping in Nairobi's informal settlements
- MapUganda - Proposal for work on mapping Uganda's new cities - Report
- Mateusz Konieczny (OSM wiki profile) - Proposal for work on tactile maps for blind or visually impaired children - Report
- OpenStreetMap Belgium (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on road completion project - Report
- OpenStreetMap Ireland (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on OSM Ireland Buildings - Report
- OpenStreetMap UK (OSMF Local Chapter) - Proposal for work on leaflets to promote OSM - Report
- Thomas Skowron (OSM wiki profile:Thomersch) - Proposal for work on OpenStreetMap calendar - Report
- Tobias Zwick (OSM wiki profile: Westnordost) - Proposal for work on map maintenance with StreetComplete - Report
More recent on top.
- 2021 Guillaume Rischard (OSMF Treasurer, OSM wiki profile: Stereo) - For work to resolve the blockage of PayPal and TransferWise accounts. Funding decision 2021-05
- 2020 Sarah Hoffmann (OSM wiki profile: lonvia) Proposal for work on Nominatim, Funding decision 2020-08)
- Parts of results from github.com/osm-search/Nominatim: Split addr:* tags into words before adding to the search index, POIs with unknown addr:place must add parent name to address, Reverse.md: fix two typos, Switch configuration to dotenv
- Parts of results from github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website: Improve guessing of labels for Nominatim results
- 2020 Richard Fairhurst (OSM wiki profile: Richard) Proposal for work on porting Potlatch 2 to the desktop, Funding decision 2020-08
- Potlatch 3 is here!] (diary entry on result of work)
- 2020 Jochen Topf (OSM wiki profile: Joto) - Proposal for work on osm2pgsql, Funding decision
- 2020 Chater Allan to prepare our statutory accounts, make the assessment of Corporation Tax and file our accounts with Companies House, Funding decision 2020-04
Selected by the Working Groups
by the Communications Working Group
Long term contractors
- 2020-05 - now DeepL - machine translation services
by the Licensing Working Group
Long term contractors
- Lawdit - Solicitors
- Clarivate (Compumark) - Trademark watch
by the Membership Working Group
- 2021 _ for work on CiviCRM, Funding decision 2021-01
- 2019-10 - 2020 Mollie, payment processor (Paypal-like service integrated with CiviCRM)
- This page is a work in progress and contains data from the more recent years.
- Working Groups can contract people directly. While this page was created initially to list people contracted/hired directly by the board, Working Groups are of course free to enrich it.