FOSS Policy Special Committee
We promote the use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) within OpenStreetMap.
Get in touch
- per Email: foss [at] osmfoundation.org
- on IRC: #firstname.lastname@example.org
- in the Fediverse: @email@example.com
What we do
The committee is tasked with implementing the FOSS Policy.
The specific tasks of the committee are:
- Conduct an inventory of free and non-free tools (report to the board of directors)
- Propose concrete alternative solutions for non-free software
- Raise awareness around the topic of Software Freedom and Open culture
Everybody is welcome to join and support the initiative! Contact us over email or IRC, please introduce yourself and share your motivation to take part in promoting FOSS in OSM.