Licence and Legal FAQ/Contributor Terms Summary
< Licence and Legal FAQ
Revision as of 16:33, 31 July 2016 by Simon Poole (Simon Poole moved page License/Licence and Legal FAQ/Contributor Terms Summary to Licence and Legal FAQ/Contributor Terms Summary)
Summary of OpenStreetMap Contributor Terms
- Do not put in data you don't have permission to submit. It should either be your own work or something that there is clear permission to use.
- You still own the bits of data you put in, i.e. you can still use them in other places.
- You allow the OpenStreetMap Foundation to publish your bits of data as part of the OpenStreetMap geodata set for others to use.
- The OpenStreetMap Foundation can only publish the data under a free and open license. If it fails in that, it has broken a contract with you.
- The license is currently Open Database License 1.0. Here is a summary version
- The OpenStreetMap Foundation can only pick a new free license if it's approved by the OSMF membership (a foundation of paid-up members) and a 2/3 majority vote of active contributors. You'll be considered an active contributor if you've edited in at least 3 out of the last 12 months and don't take longer than 3 weeks to reply to E-Mail.
- If you want attribution you should add your name to the Contributors page.
- Both you and the OpenStreetMap Foundation disclaim responsibility for anything that might happen to folks using your data.