Difference between revisions of "Licensing Working Group/Minutes/2019-03-14"
(Created page with "'''OpenStreetMap Foundation, Licensing Working Group - Agenda & Minutes'''<br> '''Thursday February 14th 2019, 20:00 - 21:00 UTC''' == Participants == Present: * Simon Poole...")
Latest revision as of 20:44, 11 April 2019
OpenStreetMap Foundation, Licensing Working Group - Agenda & Minutes
Thursday February 14th 2019, 20:00 - 21:00 UTC
- Simon Poole
- Kathleen Lu
- Nuno Caldeira
- Jim Vidano
- Lucas Lasota
Minutes by: Dorothea
Adoption of Minutes of last meeting
Previous Action Items
2016-05-06 Dermot licence question wrt Ordnance Survey Northern Ireland Open Data
- 2017-03-02 Simon determine existing obligations towards sources listed on the copyright page
- 2017-05-04 All/Simon review import guidelines wrt licence “approval”
- 2017-09-05 Simon ask Lawdit for quotes for registering for the additional class suggested
- 2018-03-08 All look at the Working Groups collecting personal information
- 2018-04-12 LWG to follow-up on the iD editor, as the number of changesets is now included on the changeset comments thread
- 2018-04-12 Simon to contact openstreetmap.cymru. The LWG will allow use of domain name on the condition that if there's local group in the future, they will have to concede control to them and get agreement in writing, so that if domain expires it doesn't get squatted on
2018-04-12 Canadian licences reminder - no Canadian Licences are currently in review by the LWG, as some members of the community seem to think 2018-04-12 Simon to write short step by step guide of how to approach licencing considerations and add things to look out in the licences.
- 2018-05-10 Jim to sign the LWG NDA
2018-09-14 Simon to email OpenStreetCab 2018-09-14 Open Data License - India (GODL) -Make statement, in line with other licences, to not use datasets with personal data which might be subject to privacy laws 2018-09-14 Simon to create section on OSMF website for license compatibility 2018-09-14 Simon to contact German lawyer involved with OSM about joining the LWG, touch base with Dermot, email the OSMF mailing list and contact Mapillary
- 2018-10-11 Simon to ask the board to contact the Working Groups about the NDA and ask people to sign up.
2018-10-11 Simon to investigate about whether Wikimedia Germany has an in-house lawyer (related to the 2018-09-14 action item). 2018-10-11 Jim and Kathleen to follow up on the “OSM contributor” app issue.
- 2018-11-08 LWG to update the OSMF address on US DMCA website - should match OSMF website listing.
- 2018-11-08 Kathleen to process the input from the meeting regarding the DMCA policy and add section to top, describing formal versus informal policy.
2018-11-08 Simon to get guidance regarding information requests in UK from law enforcement.
- 2018-11-08 Simon to ask William to provide information about the Canadian OGL variants he is interested in, in a systematic format.
- 2019-01-10 Simon to draft text to developers of apps related to geo/mapping, having OSM in their names or using variations of our logo.
2019-01-19 Simon to e-mail OpenStreetCab wrt disclaimer. 2019-02-14 Simon to change the label for licences requiring special consideration. Suggestion: “Licences that LWG has specifically commented on”. 2019-02-14 Simon to notify osmf-talk and talk mailing lists about the [[Licence_Compatibility|Licence compatibility page].
- 2019-02-14 Simon to summarise the advice regarding information requests from law enforcement and send it around.
2019-02-14 Simon to ask Frederik if he has contacted the Belgium Local Chapter regarding the recent blurring request request.
- 2019-03-14 Simon to check with Frederik whether the OSMF address got updated.
- 2019-03-14 Simon to ask our counsel to find out what is the problem with our trademark in Philippines.
- 2019-03-14 Simon to start a draft on attribution guidance.
- 2019-03-14 Simon to answer BE blurring request.
Self-introduction by Lucas
- Brazilian lawyer working in Berlin.
- Free Software Foundation Europe intern.
- Experting in Contract Law.
Website taken down - shows disclaimer now.
BE Blurring request
- Discussed with Joost (OSM-BE and also on the board). As long as the minister of defense sends around vector data, we are probably on the safe side.
- We'll write response that we do not have imagery of our own.
™ registration update
Run into preliminary refusal
- Mexican (end of last year)
- 3rd time refused "name is not distinctive".
- Want to discuss it with legal counsel.
- Probably no point to go on right now. Could revisit later.
- Brazilian: registration soon.
- Argentinian: proceeding.
- Iran: started registration.
- Philippines: Trademark appears as invalidated in a DB, which could not have happened as it got awarded 3 years ago.
- Simon to check with Frederik whether the OSMF address got updated.
- Simon to ask our counsel to find out what is the problem with our trademark in Philippines.
We’ve received a request from Tobias Zwick to make a statement on compatibility of the German „Datenlizenz Deutschland – Namensnennung – Version 2.0"
- Joachim Kast is handling most government contracts for OSM in Germany.
- Some states have replied that OSM attribution is ok and others that are not.
- Even in the same state government agencies have different interpretations.
Provide current status. Make a separate page or add to the licence compatibility page a link to what Joachim said on the forum.
Any Other Business
- In no-deal exit, there was a statement that the UK will facilitate turning European trademarks to UK trademarks. However, our 2011 application was refused.
- The board should consult a specialised corporate counsel in UK.
May 9th 2019 20:00 UTC on Mumble