Difference between revisions of "Licensing Working Group/Minutes/2020-02-13"
Latest revision as of 00:49, 14 February 2020
OpenStreetMap Foundation, Licensing Working Group - Agenda & Minutes
Thursday February 13th 2020, 20:00 - 21:00 UTC
Agenda. Minutes to be added.
Adoption of past Minutes
Previous Action Items
- 2017-03-02 Simon to determine existing obligations towards sources listed on the copyright page.
- 2017-05-04 All/Simon to review import guidelines wrt licence “approval”.
- 2018-03-08 All to look at the Working Groups collecting personal information.
- 2018-04-12 LWG to follow-up on the iD editor, as the number of changesets is now included on the changeset comments thread.
- 2018-04-12 Simon to contact openstreetmap.cymru. The LWG will allow use of domain name on the condition that if there's local group in the future, they will have to concede control to them and get agreement in writing, so that if domain expires it doesn't get squatted on.
- 2018-05-10 Jim to sign the LWG NDA.
- 2018-10-11 Simon to ask the board to contact the Working Groups about the NDA and ask people to sign up.
- 2019-01-10 Simon to draft text to developers of apps related to geo/mapping, having OSM in their names or using variations of our logo.
- 2019-02-14 Simon to summarise the advice regarding information requests from law enforcement and send it around.
2019-04-11 Simon to add LWG past guidance which has not gone into the attribution page.
- 2019-07-11 Kathleen to draft one-line attribution statement for the Tile Licence and get feedback from the LWG.
- 2019-08-08 Simon to seek legal advice on potential GDPR/privacy issues with a no-deal Brexit.
- 2019-10-10 Simon draft letter to board wrt PD checkbox.
- 2019-12-12 Simon to discuss trademark registration strategy (more countries, additional classes, etc) with lawdit
- 2019-12-12 Simon to get back to Uni Heidelberg wrt track issue
- 2020-01-09 Simon to include text about downstream produced works to the FAQ.
- 2020-01-09 Kathleen to produce 1-2 sentences about osm.org tile licence, to be included on copyright page.
2020-01-09 Simon to give feedback to the board that we are thinking of adding a section to the attribution guideline and that we don't have a consensus right now.
Changes: “should” to “must” where possible, added text as suggested above.
Discussion with Mateusz Konieczny
Any Other Business
March 12th 2020 20:00 UTC on Mumble